#31 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Jun 19 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

I have to say that I don't find their photofinishing to be of very high quality. Oftentimes it's too dark, or too light and just not sharp enough for me. I use Walgreens.com instead.

I am glad you said this, because up until now we have always used Walgreens, and their quality has been excellent. So, based on your comment, I guess we will stick with Walgreens; we have never been disappointed with their photo finishing. Another plus is that they are closer than Costco.

#32 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Farley @ Jun 19 2006, 01:19 PM) View Post

I am glad you said this, because up until now we have always used Walgreens, and their quality has been excellent. So, based on your comment, I guess we will stick with Walgreens; we have never been disappointed with their photo finishing. Another plus is that they are closer than Costco.

I have to say that I don't find their photofinishing to be of very high quality. Oftentimes it's too dark, or too light and just not sharp enough for me. I use Walgreens.com instead.

Skip both those places, instead buy an HP Photosmart printer (costco sells 'em) - and DIY and print at home.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#33 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 19 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

Skip both those places, instead buy an HP Photosmart printer (costco sells 'em) - and DIY and print at home.

Nope, Walgreens will develop and mail your photos for you for next to nothing. No need to keep envelopes on hand and/or run to the post office to figure out correct postage. For $.99 they'll mail out a number of 4x6 prints and if you include a 5x7 it only costs $1.39. The photofinishing is cheap, too.

I also don't want to have another thing that will have supplies that will run out when it's least convienent for me!

#34 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Jun 19 2006, 03:36 PM) View Post

Nope, Walgreens will develop and mail your photos for you for next to nothing. No need to keep envelopes on hand and/or run to the post office to figure out correct postage. For $.99 they'll mail out a number of 4x6 prints and if you include a 5x7 it only costs $1.39. The photofinishing is cheap, too.

I also don't want to have another thing that will have supplies that will run out when it's least convienent for me!

Chad would be so dissapointed in the lack of DIY ..... but wow they mail it for you too? can't beat that!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#35 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 19 2006, 03:41 PM) View Post

Chad would be so dissapointed in the lack of DIY ..... but wow they mail it for you too? can't beat that!

Completely efficient. No gas burned driving to/from the store and post office. Since neither my husband or I have family out here, we send off a lot of photos of the kids.

#36 dnell

dnell

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

When I lived at home, I remember my Dad bringing home a chicken-pot-pie from Costco. It was incredibly yummy! I miss it... letseat.gif

I've always found cheap clothes at Costco...some shorts that would have been 40 dollars, I think I got them for 7.99.

#37 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:22 PM

Dried kiwi. I don't know how long Costco has carried this item, but I've just discovered it. It's delicious!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#38 Dartmore

Dartmore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(Erika @ Jun 17 2006, 01:51 PM) View Post

There was a thread on TJ's and I thought I would start one on Costco. I'm curious to find out what people like to buy at Costco since there are so many here that love Costco.

We go for the less expensive gas (save ~ $0.10/gallon) and the soy milk (save ~$1.00/gallon). Then we immediately spend all the money we saved on stuff we don't need - muffins, speciality teas or wines. Ahhhh, the futility of budgeting.

#39 CataBird

CataBird

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:My interests are varied, read my websites, and Yahoo Messenger profile. Aaahhh, finally! My Geocities websites are updated. It appears Yahoo has improved PageBuilder so it loads a LOT faster. What a relief! Anyway, now you can check out my sites! Always begin with http://www.geocities.com/catabird. Ciao, Baby!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:49 PM

Hhhhmmmm, what do I like to buy at Costco?

Tall order, but, here goes.....

I love the fact that I can get great deals on office supplies there--especially on high quality Injet paper. Costco has Georgia Pacific Advantage 24 lb., 92 brightness, 5-ream cases for about $17.00--that paper lasts me almost a year!

I love the Kirkland Signature brand products! I found a great quality pet bed (something you'd pay $60 for at Petsmart) for $13.99!!! Oh, and most recently--this is for the cat owners out there!--I found 40-lb buckets of Scoop Away cat litter for $9.99!!! (WalMart sells 28-lb Scoop Away for $9.38.)

On foodstuffs, I generally get bulk items that I know won't go bad by the time I finish them, so it's primarily dry goods and frozen foods. I don't buy bread items anymore, as they end up going bad before I can get halfway through them!

I don't buy all these things at the same time, thanks to the fact they each last so long, but, it's a pretty good list.

*** KS brand 13-oz. canned Chunk Breast of Chicken, 6 cans for about $10--awesome deal!

*** Best Foods Mayo, 72-oz plastic jar for about $5

*** 2-lb chunk Cheddar Cheese for under $4

*** All Natural Mashed Potatoes mix--18 6-serving pkgs for about $4 (lasts about a year!!)

*** Tyson Chicken patties, strips, or breasts--last seemingly forever!

*** Hot Pockets

*** Swanson chicken broth--low salt version when available.

*** Marie Callender's Pot Pies!!!

*** Itsy Bitsy Hamburgers--so cute, and take seconds to heat in microwave!

*** My instant Folger's Coffee & Nestle's Hot Cocoa (for my daily Espresso-style Cappuccino)

*** Frosted Mini Wheat cereal

*** Their 3+-lb box of Oreo cookies, for about $5!! (Saw Safeway's ad yesterday, 18-oz pkg for $3.99.)

** And much more!

Hey, sorry to get semi off-topic here, but has anyone tried KFC's new KFC Bowls yet? If so, what's your opinion of them?
--CataBird

The Believing Blog is back! Wanna See? My Blog

There's even MORE available! Check out Enduring Christian Dogma on Blogger.com!

"He whose walk is upright fears the Lord, but he whose ways are devious despises Him." --Proverbs 14:2

#40 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:42 PM

I just tried their Dole mixed frozen fruit, 6 lb bag around $7, and it's really good.

#41 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jul 4 2006, 12:22 AM) View Post

Dried kiwi. I don't know how long Costco has carried this item, but I've just discovered it. It's delicious!

Yuck. I bought it last week because our family loves kiwi and I hadn't seen it before. Waaay too sweet. It tasted like it was triple-coated in sugar. No one here liked it.

#42 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Jul 7 2006, 11:11 PM) View Post

Yuck. I bought it last week because our family loves kiwi and I hadn't seen it before. Waaay too sweet. It tasted like it was triple-coated in sugar. No one here liked it.

You're right. It is very sweet. I can only eat one or two mixed with other dried fruit.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#43 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(CataBird @ Jul 6 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

I love the fact that I can get great deals on office supplies there--especially on high quality Injet paper. Costco has Georgia Pacific Advantage 24 lb., 92 brightness, 5-ream cases for about $17.00--that paper lasts me almost a year!

*** KS brand 13-oz. canned Chunk Breast of Chicken, 6 cans for about $10--awesome deal!

We picked up their paper today and it should last us a long time. smile.gif

They were sampling the canned chicken and it was really good. Haven't bought that yet.

One thing that is awesome in the food court are their hand dipped ice cream bars. They are sooooooo good at $1.50. It's vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate and rolled in roasted almonds. Yummm!

#44 Eric

Eric

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

Two words: Hot Wings!

ok ok ok... we also get stuff like soda, pot stickers, orange chicken, lasagna, sirloin patties, frozen chicken breasts, tri tip, onions, vegis, avacados, etc...

In college, we used to go there on Saturdays or Sundays & fill up on all the free samples wink.gif

#45 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:58 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users