58 replies to this topic

#1 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

Can anyone recommend a good Pediatrician? I have gone thru 4 of them since Jan of 2006. I want someone who doesn't rush you out like cattle but who is firm and loving. Beside manner is important but not a must. I want someone who is for the child and listens to the parent. I also want someone who is willing to let me do my own vaccine schedule as well. I live in the Folsom area.

Thanks.

Mossy smile.gif

#2 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

We have a FABULOUS ped, who meets all your specifications, but she is located at UCDMC downtown. She is very sweet, caring, and never rushes us through appointments. I recently delayed some vax and even though she recommended against my decision, she was supportive and didn't criticize me.

If you think you wouldn't mind driving the 20-25 mins, my ped is Dr. Puzdrakiewicz.

#3 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:41 PM

We used to have Dr. Emily Earl and she was awesome- we never felt rushed and felt like she had all day to help just us!! I understand she moved to Kaiser so maybe you can check her out if you have that insurance.

Good luck! smile.gif
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

#4 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

We use Dr. Lloren, and he's pretty good with the kids. Pretty easy to get an appointment, and he's very thorough. He's Sutter.

#5 blonde74

blonde74

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Mossy @ Feb 10 2007, 08:04 PM) View Post
Can anyone recommend a good Pediatrician? I have gone thru 4 of them since Jan of 2006. I want someone who doesn't rush you out like cattle but who is firm and loving. Beside manner is important but not a must. I want someone who is for the child and listens to the parent. I also want someone who is willing to let me do my own vaccine schedule as well. I live in the Folsom area.

Thanks.

Mossy smile.gif

I had really preemie babies and I use Dr. Arab off of Creedside. And he saw us through everything and even called to check up on them, his parnet Dr. Wolfry is fantastic as well.

#6 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Feb 10 2007, 08:41 PM) View Post
We used to have Dr. Emily Earl and she was awesome- we never felt rushed and felt like she had all day to help just us!! I understand she moved to Kaiser so maybe you can check her out if you have that insurance.

Good luck! smile.gif

Isn't Dr. Earl near Scott's seafood?? I thought that she was still there with the other doctor. Dd she just move?

#7 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Feb 10 2007, 08:39 PM) View Post
We have a FABULOUS ped, who meets all your specifications, but she is located at UCDMC downtown. She is very sweet, caring, and never rushes us through appointments. I recently delayed some vax and even though she recommended against my decision, she was supportive and didn't criticize me.

If you think you wouldn't mind driving the 20-25 mins, my ped is Dr. Puzdrakiewicz.

Hi,
I heard hat she was good but was discouraged from staff at her office that she is always late and really late. Is this true? Is she on call alot and can you get into see her on a day the child is sick?

Thanks.

#8 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

We love, love, love Dr.Omalley at UCDMG in Folsom.....he is great with the kids and always remembers their siblings names when I bring one of them in!

#9 tweety29108

tweety29108

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Feb 10 2007, 09:49 PM) View Post
We love, love, love Dr.Omalley at UCDMG in Folsom.....he is great with the kids and always remembers their siblings names when I bring one of them in!

We too LOVE Dr Omalley. My son has numerous health issues and he is always there for us never rushes and listens to everything I say. I really love his staff too.

#10 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Mossy @ Feb 10 2007, 09:41 PM) View Post
I heard hat she was good but was discouraged from staff at her office that she is always late and really late. Is this true? Is she on call alot and can you get into see her on a day the child is sick?
Thanks.
She can be really late. I always try to schedule my appts early or after lunch. I think part of why she runs late is because she doesn't rush you out, and she always seems to fit you in when you need her. Lately she's been pretty on time, though. There were a couple times I was pretty frustrated with the wait, but then I thought about how I've run over my allotted time with questions a time or two, so I think it all works out. I'm really surprised to hear office staff speaking against her. Was their only criticism her tardiness?

I don't know how much she is on call. The one time I need an on call doc, it was her. She has four kids, so I'd think her on call rotation might be less. Don't know, though.

She doesn't work Fridays, but other than that, I have always seen her. As a matter of fact, I had to take my daughter in once while Dr. P. was on vacation and had to see a different doc in the practice. He misdiagnosed my daughter, so she ended up in pain for an extra week until we saw Dr. P., who figured it out right away.

I have been seeing her for almost six years (followed her from Sutter Rsvl), and have always been very happy. (I have a six-year-old and an almost two-year-old). Each time I leave her office, I am always so happy to have her. She just fits us very well.

Hope that helps.

#11 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Feb 10 2007, 08:39 PM) View Post

Hey, that's Dr. P. She joined my old doctor's office a few years ago. Dr. Thomas Bullen was our UCDMC physician for years before we moved to Folsom. I loved, loved, loved him but didn't want the drive. Dr. Bullen personally recommended Dr. Peter O'Malley (UCD) on Turn Pike and we've been very happy with him. Still miss Dr. Bullen and that whole office, btw.

If you do decide to check out Dr. P, rest assured that the whole UPA (University Pediatric Associates) office is great. You can always get a last minute appointment with your doctor, but all the doctors on staff are excellent. My kids actually liked all the doctors.

#12 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Feb 10 2007, 08:41 PM) View Post

Good luck! smile.gif

What?? she moved to Kaiser? As of when? She is our pediatrician and we haven't been in some time but I would expect if one of their 'main' partners moved they would notify their patients. If this is the case, I'm severely bummed. SHE is the reason we're at River Rock Pediatrics. I'll be in the market for a ped then too.

#13 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(traceyl @ Feb 11 2007, 08:55 AM) View Post
What?? she moved to Kaiser? As of when? She is our pediatrician and we haven't been in some time but I would expect if one of their 'main' partners moved they would notify their patients. If this is the case, I'm severely bummed. SHE is the reason we're at River Rock Pediatrics. I'll be in the market for a ped then too.

I looked Dr. Earl up and here she is:

http://members.kaise...ffdir/search.do

#14 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Mossy @ Feb 11 2007, 10:10 AM) View Post
I looked Dr. Earl up and here she is:

http://members.kaise...ffdir/search.do