Photo
- - - - -

The Polar Express Train Ride Coming To Sac!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Oct 17 2007, 12:39 PM) View Post
The 16! The closest date to X-mas!

me too!! The last ride--hoping all the young babies will be gone to bed by then and the "kids" can enjoy without screaming infants.

#17 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

haaha!! yup the very last one!!

Hoping the ride will "go out with a bang!"
<3

#18 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

Has anybody gone yet? How was it?

#19 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

It is coming up!!

Who else is going?
<3

#20 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(traceyl @ Oct 17 2007, 11:40 AM) View Post
Me too!! We're going 12/15 at 4:30pm... I love this movie! It is a holiday tradition in our house and my kids will just love the train!!

How was it??? we are going tonight!!! Sounds soooooooooo fun!
<3

#21 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Dec 16 2007, 10:45 AM) View Post
How was it??? we are going tonight!!! Sounds soooooooooo fun!

It was good, but not sure it's exactly what I expected...not as 'magical' as I had hoped. I think being the first year here they have some kinks to work out. They have 2 hot cocoa tap dancers that come thru and they are really good. They also have the hobo who's pretty good. Each car has a couple hot cocoa attendants who were really nice. There's also the 'main' conductor who punches the tickets and he was very warm and friendly. Each car also has another conductor and ours just wasn't 'appropriate' in my opinion. He said some off color things, that my kids didn't get, but I did. He also asked my daughter if he could punch her ticket and she was so excited as she thought it was going to be punched like in the movie. So she hands him her ticket and he 'punches' it... hits it with his fist. Totally lame and out of line. When he'd come by we just sort of looked out the window... he annoyed the heck out of me.

Santa came through after we got to the 'North Pole' and he was great!! He gave all the kids a silver bell... he was a really good Santa. He asked my 5 yr old if she was good and she just clammed up. After he walked past, she said "I wasn't sure if I was good or bad, so I just didn't say anything." Too cute!

All in all it was a fun trip. Just a few things that irked me. Oh, and wear your jammies! There were so many kids...and adults... that had them on. We ended the evening w/ dinner at Joes Crab Shack.

Have a great time tonight!!!

#22 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

That was so fun!! My kid really liked it. We sat on the very last car, and they let us outside the back of it.

The characters made us laugh too!! Fun, very fun!
<3

#23 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

We were in the 2nd car.

It was stuffy-loud and some 3 year old freaked out and was screaming I wanna go home, I wanna go home.

I think he was afraid his mom and dad were gonna leave him there. Once the train started pulling out he chilled out.

The tap dancers were cool. The Hobo grilled my son on whether he believes in Santa. He was nearly in tears then smiled magically when the guy told my son that it's ok--all adults believe in Santa, even if they don't say so. ( I think my son is in between stages on belief right now) He felt much better.

One of the tap dancers made a come on to a father right in front of his wife and two little boys. The wife was definately not happy about that. But the best part of the evening was the hobo coming back and forth, getting the kids riled up and ringing their silver bells. And singing christmas carols.

Some of the characters seem to have their act down pat. They were very endearing to some of the little kids. The conductor was hysterical trying to immitate the tap dancers. I gotta say--he tried pretty hard.

Santa got a huge hello from the little kids and that was so adorable to see. All those little ones were bouncing out of their seats.

And the pre show before boarding with the Hobo playing his guitar for the kids set all the little kids up for bouncing off the walls excitement.

By the end of the ride--I saw several little kids straining to keep their eyes open. In case no one knows--keep your tickets--they are good for a free entrance to the Railroad museum, so you can go back this next weekend and take the kids through there.

#24 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Dec 17 2007, 10:54 AM) View Post
We were in the 2nd car.

It was stuffy-loud and some 3 year old freaked out and was screaming I wanna go home, I wanna go home.

I think he was afraid his mom and dad were gonna leave him there. Once the train started pulling out he chilled out.

The tap dancers were cool. The Hobo grilled my son on whether he believes in Santa. He was nearly in tears then smiled magically when the guy told my son that it's ok--all adults believe in Santa, even if they don't say so. ( I think my son is in between stages on belief right now) He felt much better.

One of the tap dancers made a come on to a father right in front of his wife and two little boys. The wife was definately not happy about that. But the best part of the evening was the hobo coming back and forth, getting the kids riled up and ringing their silver bells. And singing christmas carols.

Some of the characters seem to have their act down pat. They were very endearing to some of the little kids. The conductor was hysterical trying to immitate the tap dancers. I gotta say--he tried pretty hard.

Santa got a huge hello from the little kids and that was so adorable to see. All those little ones were bouncing out of their seats.

And the pre show before boarding with the Hobo playing his guitar for the kids set all the little kids up for bouncing off the walls excitement.

By the end of the ride--I saw several little kids straining to keep their eyes open. In case no one knows--keep your tickets--they are good for a free entrance to the Railroad museum, so you can go back this next weekend and take the kids through there.

When did you go?? We were in the car #2 Sat, 4:30.

I also noticed the red-head tap dancer was a little flirty. She definately was flirting w/ my hubby when he was taking her picture, but whatever... I don't get too jealous?

We missed the hobo pre-show sad.gif There was a 2 man band playing that was really good though.

#25 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

I'm so glad that you guys had fun and that this wasn't the same company as the one that my friend did!

#26 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:03 AM

It was really cool, we were in car # 1 and they let us go outside on while the train was moving it was cool.

#27 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:49 AM

It was pretty cool. We didn't really have any problems.
Santa gave the bells and then on the way back actually sat down with every child. It was pretty cool.
We liked it a lot and we all had our PJ's on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users