• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Mar 3 2008, 04:54 PM) View Post
Anybody see the lively Statue of Liberty costume guy? He really got into his sign dancing too.......though I haven't seen him in a few weeks. I tend to agree that they are a distraction to motorists also.

I feel so bad for that guy .. I kinda don't want to go to their establishment just to get them back for making him do that!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#17 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

On a related note, are people more inclined to purchase vehicles at dealerships that display balloons?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#18 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

I love sign twirlers... I will always honk at them and wave. Usually I get a wave back and a smile. For some reason they make my day. They will always put a smile on my face.

mrpickle.gif

#19 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

I often rock my head back and forth with the motion of the sign, signifying that that's what I have to do to read it. lmaosmiley.gif That usually puts a smile on their faces! smile.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#20 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 3 2008, 07:33 PM) View Post
On a related note, are people more inclined to purchase vehicles at dealerships that display balloons?

Did you go to see Brian Regan too?

#21 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Mar 4 2008, 01:30 PM) View Post
Did you go to see Brian Regan too?

I've never heard of him. Just looked up the name and see that he's a comedian. Does he do a bit on balloons at dealerships?

HA HA HA Just answered my own question:

Too funny! I've basically been saying the same thing for years. Maybe I should take my act on the road!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#22 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

And are people more likely to go look at that 'Open House' if the Realtor has balloons on the 'Open House' sign ??
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#23 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(SacKen @ Mar 3 2008, 03:11 PM) View Post
Semi off topic... I saw a spinner holding a Supercuts sign yesterday. He had the back-in-style 70's long hair, greasy look going for him. Not exactly the ideal spokesperson.

</OffTopic>

I have seen this kid as well, quite a few times and always laugh because he's advertising for a hair cutting place.

#24 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ Mar 4 2008, 02:05 PM) View Post
I have seen this kid as well, quite a few times and always laugh because he's advertising for a hair cutting place.

It would probably be WAY more effective if that stylist cut one side of the kid's hair to show the before and after. wacko.gif ohmy.gif

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#25 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

I don’t mind the sign twirling and think it’s a good way to advertise, what I think the city and Sacramento should crack down on are those trucks that drive around with the scrolling advertisements. I would think this method is more distracting and greatly more annoying and cause tremendous increase in congestion, unnecessary greenhouse gas emissions.

-Ryan

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

#26 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

I HATE those blinding huge illuminated so they can be seen from space signs on highway 50 for the folsom automall. are those really necessary? no way. and they're right next to the state park/lake natoma migratory bird ponds. i can't believe birds and other wild life aren't harmed by having those things so close.

i would have no problem with signs like that at prairie city or scott road/bidwell street exits, but not right on the nature area. they light up the whole sky at night.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#27 Sonny

Sonny

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:25 PM

A blurb on sign spinning...

http://shizzville.co...o-sign-spinners

#28 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Mar 3 2008, 03:09 PM) View Post
We have A-frames up at the moment and you would be amazed how much our business has picked up because of the signs! Lots of Intel employees! But looks like the city does not allow the "dancing arrow" so this is a moved point. Thanx anyway...

Oohh I saw your sign spinner the other day.... smile.gif

#29 GoodFellas

GoodFellas

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests: Great food and even better wine!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(nlove4ever @ Mar 21 2008, 09:42 AM) View Post
Oohh I saw your sign spinner the other day.... smile.gif

Its amazing how much business it brings in...plus it helps that the sign says $4.99 lunch special! Where can you get pasta,drink and garlic bread for $5 bucks?

#30 Suburban Pool Service

Suburban Pool Service

MyFolsom Pool Janitor

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Suburban Pool Service
    P.O. Box 1627
    Folsom, Ca 95763

Supplies /Weekly Service / Satisfaction

on the web at
    weservicepools.com

(916) 792-4836
    email service@suburbanpoolsupply.com

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ Mar 21 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
Its amazing how much business it brings in...plus it helps that the sign says $4.99 lunch special! Where can you get pasta,drink and garlic bread for $5 bucks?

Ohh wow I found a new lunch spot biggrin.gif

-Ryan
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
"Wow! What a Ride!"

weservicepools.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users