jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:13 AM

http://www.news10.ne...ull.asp?id=3364

So....
now that it appears that the state's affordable housing budget gets slashed, what does that mean to Folsom? From what I see, we are still required to have our 138 acres zoned for affordable housing, however I don't see a developer in the world who would build on that land, knowing full well that the proposed tenants could not afford it.

I don't see this as a negative... if they won't develop, so be it!
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 01:31 PM

I agree, jake. I myself am no fan of low-income housing, and I would imagine this would discourage developers... and that's just too bad! angel.gif

#3 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:58 PM

It doesn't really matter that affordable housing funds may be cut from the State budget. The rezones for affordable housing were going to occur regardless. Developers weren't lining up to build affordable housing in the first place - funds or no funds.

Now that the sky hasn't fallen what will Chicken Little do?

#4 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:21 PM

State should slash N. Cal. Legal Service budget, or better yet - get rid of it. That will take care of it all

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#5 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 09:09 PM

Legal Services are funded through the interest off of the state's attorney's trust funds. If an attorney has a client trust fund in CA, the interest is nabbed by the state and paid for pro bono legal services.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#6 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (tessieca @ Jan 10 2003, 09:09 PM)
Legal Services are funded through the interest off of the state's attorney's trust funds. If an attorney has a client trust fund in CA, the interest is nabbed by the state and paid for pro bono legal services.

Thanks for the info. tessieca. I did not know that.

All I know is that the $$ for the affordable housing will come from the developers, which unfortunately has nothing to do with the state budget.

wink.gif wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users