1 reply to this topic

#1 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

If anyone has any experience with the classrooms, teachers, programs etc I would appreciate it. Interested in class size and focus, i.e. ADD, general learning disabilities, Autism spectrum disorders, speech, etc.

Thanks so much for any info

#2 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

All regular education classrooms in FCUSD K-3 can have 32 kids and 4 & 5 can have 34 kids. Gone are the days of class size reduction! Some schools may have a student or two less due to enrollment, but the district average is 32/34 respectively. I have found that most teachers try to accommodate the needs of different learning styles but with the larger class sizes it makes it much harder to carry out. The most important thing you can do is to partner with the classroom teacher and support them at school and hopefully they'll return the gesture and support you as well. Most special education programs are maxed out and students receive services that are only required by an IEP or other legal document that specifically addresses accommodations. Cuts to education have made it more important for schools and families to work together to seek the greatest outcome for all students!

If anyone has any experience with the classrooms, teachers, programs etc I would appreciate it. Interested in class size and focus, i.e. ADD, general learning disabilities, Autism spectrum disorders, speech, etc.

Thanks so much for any info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users