Enjoy Independence Day Everyone.
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#2 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Thanks. I agree -- I hope everyone enjoys this day and pauses, for however short a period, to reflect on what this day means.

And if I could just get on the soapbox for just a moment:

1) I implore you to do what you can to stop SB249. Consider situations like Syria (to use a recent example) and the significance and foresight of the Second Amendment. Consider not the present, but the future. You don't have to be an NRA member to love freedom, appreciate basic human rights, and have a means to enforce it.

2) This is a day of Independence. This is not a day of "Me." While enjoying fantastic fireworks displays last night, the "Me" populace was out in force -- blocking sidewalks (come on, don't force kids to walk on streets to get around you; let the guy with the cooler on wheels roll through w/out having to pick it up to go around you; don't PARK in front a right turn only STOP sign just because you have an Audi or a big fancy truck -- BTW, yea, that's a great choice for a crowded parking lot). Independence does not mean "absence of neighborly behavior" and in some ways, perhaps quite the opposite.

Off soapbox.

Yes, Enjoy the day; appreciate the meaning, the sacrifices made, which have lead to this moment.

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Have a safe Independence. We will be staying home
or visiting our neighbors next door.

The History of Independence Day

http://www.military....?ESRC=navy-a.nl
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 crossski

crossski

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thanks. I agree -- I hope everyone enjoys this day and pauses, for however short a period, to reflect on what this day means.

And if I could just get on the soapbox for just a moment:

1) I implore you to do what you can to stop SB249. Consider situations like Syria (to use a recent example) and the significance and foresight of the Second Amendment. Consider not the present, but the future. You don't have to be an NRA member to love freedom, appreciate basic human rights, and have a means to enforce it.

2) This is a day of Independence. This is not a day of "Me." While enjoying fantastic fireworks displays last night, the "Me" populace was out in force -- blocking sidewalks (come on, don't force kids to walk on streets to get around you; let the guy with the cooler on wheels roll through w/out having to pick it up to go around you; don't PARK in front a right turn only STOP sign just because you have an Audi or a big fancy truck -- BTW, yea, that's a great choice for a crowded parking lot). Independence does not mean "absence of neighborly behavior" and in some ways, perhaps quite the opposite.

Off soapbox.

Yes, Enjoy the day; appreciate the meaning, the sacrifices made, which have lead to this moment.

this is key
" pauses, for however short a period, to reflect on what this day means "

Never take for granted what we have in this country.
The greatest country in the world.

God Bless America !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users