#31 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Not a Folsom Snob @ May 1 2008, 09:51 AM) View Post
I bought the biggest bulkest stroller which had a bassinet attachment and then converted into a stroller with a large storage area under it and loved it. Sure it took me a second more to get it out of the car but I loved my carriage and wouldn't have traded it for anything else. I never used an umbrella stroller because they don't recline. Buy your dream stroller, you won't regret it!!

Depends on what you consider an "umbrella" stroller. I use the term loosely and the one that CW linked to on craigslist just slides in under the wire, in my book.

And hey, that stroller was only $15.00 on craigslist (was gone, btw), but I'm willing to pay the extra $25.00 to get it new in store. It's only $40! We saw it in person at BRU and it is only 11 pounds, can carry the babes until they're 40 pounds and is super easy to fold and folds small. The seat reclines and it has storage and cup holders. We didn't get it yet, because I still want to check out craigslist for another couple weeks (we don't have a desperate need for it right now) to see if I can find another one for less than $20.

So, we had the infant seat (90.00) and the Snugrider (60.00) and extra base (40.00) and are now switching to a convertible car seat (80.00 x2 because of two cars and these are a pain in the arse to move) and will get the Baby Trend (40.00).

So, $190 at birth and now $200. We will likely need to put out another $30.00 for booster seats when Jocelyn turns 4.

$420 in all for all of the carseats and strollers that we anticipate Jocelyn needing in her lifetime. You never know what might happen, but for now, that seems to be the extent of what we will have to (have had to) pay.

The car seat and the snugrider were gifts, so out cash outlay, in the end, will only be $270. That's pretty close to the cost of some of the bigger travelsystems. I know that there are some out there that are cheaper, but go with something cheaper and you will still have to get different seats and strollers later, so your cash outlay will be more.

(Oh, and this doesn't count the $400 jogging stroller that we received as a gift, as well.)

So, it really does depend on what you really want and what you're willing to spend, what you anticipate you will get as gifts, etc, etc.

Good luck!!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#32 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ May 1 2008, 10:08 AM) View Post
Depends on what you consider an "umbrella" stroller. I use the term loosely and the one that CW linked to on craigslist just slides in under the wire, in my book.

And hey, that stroller was only $15.00 on craigslist (was gone, btw), but I'm willing to pay the extra $25.00 to get it new in store. It's only $40! We saw it in person at BRU and it is only 11 pounds, can carry the babes until they're 40 pounds and is super easy to fold and folds small. The seat reclines and it has storage and cup holders. We didn't get it yet, because I still want to check out craigslist for another couple weeks (we don't have a desperate need for it right now) to see if I can find another one for less than $20.

So, we had the infant seat (90.00) and the Snugrider (60.00) and extra base (40.00) and are now switching to a convertible car seat (80.00 x2 because of two cars and these are a pain in the arse to move) and will get the Baby Trend (40.00).

So, $190 at birth and now $200. We will likely need to put out another $30.00 for booster seats when Jocelyn turns 4.

$420 in all for all of the carseats and strollers that we anticipate Jocelyn needing in her lifetime. You never know what might happen, but for now, that seems to be the extent of what we will have to (have had to) pay.

The car seat and the snugrider were gifts, so out cash outlay, in the end, will only be $270. That's pretty close to the cost of some of the bigger travelsystems. I know that there are some out there that are cheaper, but go with something cheaper and you will still have to get different seats and strollers later, so your cash outlay will be more.

(Oh, and this doesn't count the $400 jogging stroller that we received as a gift, as well.)

So, it really does depend on what you really want and what you're willing to spend, what you anticipate you will get as gifts, etc, etc.

Good luck!!

All of that is why I am kinda glad we have a big gap in age. My 9 year old is in NO need of a stroller or a car seat.

But then again, I still had/have to buy 2.... since it was so long ago, I don't have anything anymore.
<3

#33 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ May 1 2008, 05:29 PM) View Post
All of that is why I am kinda glad we have a big gap in age. My 9 year old is in NO need of a stroller or a car seat.
But then again, I still had/have to buy 2.... since it was so long ago, I don't have anything anymore.

Craigslist everything you can, but obviously not car seats.

#34 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 2 2008, 08:31 AM) View Post

I put a lot on the registry... what what is left we will either buy there, or I will craigslist shop! biggrin.gif
<3

#35 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 2 2008, 08:31 AM) View Post

Ditto, ditto, ditto!

I have a thing about wanting everything to be new and unused for my kids, so Craigslist is always a challenge for me to concede to using; but I am always glad when I do. We have an infant rocker that I bought off of Craigslist for $15.00 that is normally $35.00 in the stores. It's totally fine. I just ran the seat part through the wash and cleaned it really well, before putting the girlie in it and it's totally fine.

We're still stroller hunting, too. It's a great resource!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#36 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

I love using craigslist. I don't have a thing about needing everything to be new, clean yes. Sometimes when I knew I was going to buy something, like say your stroller, and I'd get it off of CL, I'd put the difference in what I spent vs. what it's MSRP was into the kids' savings account. It was a great motivator.

#37 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ May 2 2008, 08:35 AM) View Post
I put a lot on the registry... what what is left we will either buy there, or I will craigslist shop! biggrin.gif

Which registry? Do you have a password for others to see your registry?

When do plan on having a baby shower?

I like shopping for babies smile.gif

#38 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Andrea!!! I was just at Babies R Us and they have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many cute cherry outfits!!!!!!! There was a cherry bathing suit that you HAVE to get! I went to hide it behind the racks of hats for you because it was the only one I saw left on the rack...but then I saw others. I also saw some super cute cherry PJ's and a cute cherry top that said "You are my favorite fruit" it was adorable!!

#39 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ May 4 2008, 03:46 PM) View Post
Andrea!!! I was just at Babies R Us and they have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many cute cherry outfits!!!!!!! There was a cherry bathing suit that you HAVE to get! I went to hide it behind the racks of hats for you because it was the only one I saw left on the rack...but then I saw others. I also saw some super cute cherry PJ's and a cute cherry top that said "You are my favorite fruit" it was adorable!!

Awesome!! Thanks for looking out for me!! I put a bunch of cherry outfits on the registry.... But I think I will just go in and buy them myself!
<3

#40 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ May 4 2008, 06:51 PM) View Post
I put a bunch of cherry outfits on the registry....

The poor kid

everyone is gonna think she is fruity.

Lets just hope she isn't born blonde, too.

Imagine that. Hey--she's a blonde fruity.....

Awww--just kidding. The outfits sound really cute.

#41 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ May 4 2008, 06:51 PM) View Post
Awesome!! Thanks for looking out for me!! I put a bunch of cherry outfits on the registry.... But I think I will just go in and buy them myself!

Crap I forgot the most important cherry item! They had like ONE pair left of baby sunglasses with cherries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must go today and get them. They were on the bottom row.

#42 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Jenncez @ May 5 2008, 09:39 AM) View Post
Crap I forgot the most important cherry item! They had like ONE pair left of baby sunglasses with cherries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must go today and get them. They were on the bottom row.

Hey now, there is enough cherry sh... stuff in our house. laugh.gif

#43 Jenncez

Jenncez

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ May 5 2008, 10:00 AM) View Post
Hey now, there is enough cherry sh... stuff in our house. laugh.gif

hehehe sorry! but it's way too cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic