18 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Wow, some pretty serious charges here against one of Congress's own! Part of me thinks congressman would sort of give each other the benefit of the doubt, so this seems to indicate serious problems.

http://abcnews.go.co...r...0561&page=2

I'd want to know if Pelosi really did try and influence Congressman from NOT filing these charges?

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

I ...am...shocked! Just kidding...Rangel is a horses arse...I would find it shocking if he was not guilty of ethics violations (note I didn't say if he wasn't found guilty)...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

More on the same. Step down Rangel.

http://news.yahoo.co...s_rangel_ethics

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

Democrats call on Rangel to resign
Obama says case 'troubling;' defense cites peers' similar donation tactics

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Friday called ethics charges against Democratic Rep. Charlie Rangel "very troubling" and said he hopes the longtime lawmaker can end his career with dignity. Several House Democrats went further, flat-out urging the New York congressman to resign.

// go to the below website //

http://www.msnbc.msn...s-decision_2010

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

I won't hold my breath hoping for a good outcome here....! He's gonna skate away with all of his cash and probably take the toilet paper off of the roll in his plush house office when he goes. He's just that kind of a man....! The only thing I like about him is that he's a Korean War veteran so I give him that....... Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

We are doomed...people are stupid...

Rangel wins primary

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#7 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:15 AM

We are doomed...people are stupid...

Rangel wins primary

we are so screwed

it's freaking ridiculous that such a huge douche bag crook got re-elected - it just goes to show how incredibly stupid the voters in his district are

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#8 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

He's got seniority so he brings home the PORK! That's why these crooks get re-elected all the time.

#9 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

we are so screwed

it's freaking ridiculous that such a huge douche bag crook got re-elected - it just goes to show how incredibly stupid the voters in his district are

I'm going to hold off judging how stupid voters are in other areas until after the election in November.

#10 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

I'm going to hold off judging how stupid voters are in other areas until after the election in November.

Will you continue to call us all stupid if Miklos wins? or only if Kerri does? Just curious

#11 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Will you continue to call us all stupid if Miklos wins? or only if Kerri does? Just curious

We're not stupid, it's the idiot masses that aren't on this forum that are stupid. :D:
I would rather be Backpacking

#12 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

We're not stupid, it's the idiot masses that aren't on this forum that are stupid. :D:

nicely said Bill

now if we can only convince "some people" on this forum that the few folks on here who read the political section are not solely responsible for the entire outcome of the election...

#13 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

nicely said Bill

now if we can only convince "some people" on this forum that the few folks on here who read the political section are not solely responsible for the entire outcome of the election...

You mean....you mean.....They are NOT?????? :lmaosmiley: LOL

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

You mean....you mean.....They are NOT?????? :lmaosmiley: LOL

Heh, ok I lied, me, Bill Z, you, Chris, Folsom Guy, Vinnie, Palango, Robert G and JBaily are solely responsible for all elections nationwide

heheh we wish! :lol:

#15 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Heh, ok I lied, me, Bill Z, you, Chris, Folsom Guy, Vinnie, Palango, Robert G and JBaily are solely responsible for all elections nationwide

heheh we wish! :lol:

You know, if asked, I'm sure that most of the Rangel supporters would say the charges against him are untrue and that they were made up to get him out of office.

I have noticed this is the response most voters have when asked why they continue to support a corrupt politician.

And then they play the race card. Saying white people just don't want people of color in any office at the White House, or anywhere else.

They will fail to look at the facts and base their choices on their emotions. Which is never a good way to select a leader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users