I never heard of them going away.

#3 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Aug 19 2005, 08:37 AM)
How?

View Post

If you find a cure for that you will be a gazillioin-aire!!!!!!!

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:48 AM

My wife read that during pregnancy, Vitamin A oil really helps, if you apply it regularly. She has none that are noticable now. (At least not noticible enough for me to realize she has any).

#5 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:23 AM

I've been using the Palmer's Cocoa butter cream and haven't gotton any yet. I've heard it mainly hereditary. I think the last month is when most people get them.

#6 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:49 PM

For my wife, her marks are BAD and gruesome looking.

#7 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Aug 19 2005, 11:49 AM)

View Post

I am sure if you tell her that she'll be very happy. Skin has an elasticity factor. Your's is either elastic or not. Cosmetic surgery might be an option if this is your last child. If not, then wait till you're done and then consider it.

Tell her you love her and and do something nice for her. I don't think she'll focus on the stretch marks you gave her as much. JMHO.

Congrats on the new addition! We're very happy for you.
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#8 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Aug 19 2005, 12:49 PM)

View Post

I'm sure they're not the most attractive things but think of what she went through for the past nine months. They will fade over time. If you're planning on having more than one child, I've heard after the 2nd child your body really suffers.

#9 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:06 PM

I had them after my first, and even more after my second child. From all I've heard and read, they just fade some, they don't go away completely, unfortunately. And yes, I've also read that it is hereditary.......based on how your skin reacts to stretching. Mine have not yet faded much and my youngest is 5 1/2 months old.......takes time.
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

#10 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Aug 19 2005, 12:49 PM)

View Post

Yeah, I wouldn't lead with that. It takes a while to recover from delivery and to regain your shape. Brett's advice is great.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#11 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Aug 19 2005, 07:37 AM)
How?

View Post

That's easy...

First you need to get a lot of lasers in a room and stack them or align them horizontally so that you can create a circle threw which you can communicate with the future.

Then you place a call to your descendants about 10,000 yrs into the future, download the instructions on the creation of black/white holes, curvature of space/time, and time travel. You make another call about a week into the future and ask yourself what the winning lotto numbers are, play those and win $100M.

Invest all $100M into development of these specifications:
http://timetravelpor...es/time-op5.jpg
http://timetravelpor...es/time-op3.jpg
http://timetravelpor...es/time-op4.jpg

Go back in time to the point before you had kids and voila! Stretch marks are all gone! smile.gif
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

California's Economy: Too Big To Fail?

#12 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:22 PM

Mine faded some as I lost the baby fat but most are permanent marks. So she isn't too sleep deprived too worry about it huh?

#13 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

Skin elasticity is probably more a function of age than hereditary. If you're 21 and had a baby vs. 30 and having a baby. On average, younger people recover faster.

I did read about a 66 yr old in Italy that had a baby... mama mia!
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

California's Economy: Too Big To Fail?

#14 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:39 AM

Thanks guys. It looks very bad mainly because they are so red, but I think the red coloring will fade away. I am, of course, more concern with her and child's well being.

As far as these stretched marks are concern, she said it's very incredibly itchy!!!!!

#15 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:57 AM

Yeah- they are itchy!! Mine are STILL itchy........almost 6 months later now!! My Mom recently mentioned Gold Bond powder to me......don't know if it helps yet but I plan to give it a try.

Hope she is doing well otherwise and getting some much needed rest!! Those first few weeks after everyone is around to help can be tough too.......suddenly, the newness wears off and it's just you guys and the baby again. And in our case.......no other church folks bringing us free homemade dinners!! Back to your schedule, now including baby.
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users