2 replies to this topic

#1 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Here's your chance to see three of our nation's greatest historic planes in one place and flying, and you can even fly in one if you can afford it! Jun 1-4, McClellan Airfield, info at www.cfdn.org.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

My husband would love to go for a ride on one of those planes! Yikes at the cost. :(
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info!

My son and I saw the Aluminum Overcast when it was at Mather. Pretty neat piece of living history. I was amazed when i checked out the ball turret as my uncle was a ball turret gunner in WWII (17 missions before being shot down and captured...course he had also survived crash landings in England as well).
So incredibly cramped...I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must have been...freezing cold, cramped fit, and the noise of 2 .50 calibers right on each side of your head...

Losses of our bombers and their crew were horrendous, but their sacrifice brought the German war industry to a halt.

They just lost one of the few remaining B17s. The Liberty Belle crashed and burned in Illinois last year. Check them out if you get the chance!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users