• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(chan_yvette @ Jun 20 2008, 10:51 PM) View Post
You dont know me-my family is the most important thing in the world to me-that is why I moved here!! For my family-is that superficial? And no i'm not kidding about the driving,maybe where you come from the driving is bad but the east bay is cake compared to sac town. I am anything but superficial-just because I pointed out a few FACTS about entertainment or lack of in this area does not make me superficial. And thats where you and I see things differant, there is no sense of community and friendliness in this town IMO. So dont tell me what I consider important until you walk in my shoes! Honest.

Blah blah blah. This is what you wrote: "If you decide to move here you will notice the level of sophisication does not come close to the bay area: restaurants,shopping and other things I dont care to mention." You said you moved here because you couldn't afford a house there. Not because of family. Plenty of houses in the BA if you want to make the tradeoffs. But I'm guess you didn't want to make a tradeoff. You wanted a nicer house for your dollar. So don't BS me. Don't confuse concern for your family the same as concern for fitting into a community. I'm sure your family is important to you. But what about community? If not, like I said, you fit better in the BA.

Whatever. Be defensive. I don't really care. It's people like you that drove me from the Bay Area, which I called home for 20+ years, to come here. East Bay is the one part of the Bay Area I'd never live in. If you think the East Bay is better than here, I'm more than happy for you if you can move back soon. This is where I call home now.

#32 chan_yvette

chan_yvette

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(tsukiji @ Jun 20 2008, 11:05 PM) View Post
Blah blah blah. This is what you wrote: "If you decide to move here you will notice the level of sophisication does not come close to the bay area: restaurants,shopping and other things I dont care to mention." You said you moved here because you couldn't afford a house there. Not because of family. Plenty of houses in the BA if you want to make the tradeoffs. But I'm guess you didn't want to make a tradeoff. You wanted a nicer house for your dollar. So don't BS me. Don't confuse concern for your family the same as concern for fitting into a community. I'm sure your family is important to you. But what about community? If not, like I said, you fit better in the BA.

Whatever. Be defensive. I don't really care. It's people like you that drove me from the Bay Area, which I called home for 20+ years, to come here. East Bay is the one part of the Bay Area I'd never live in. If you think the East Bay is better than here, I'm more than happy for you if you can move back soon. This is where I call home now.

Yes, I did write that because I believe its true. And yes I moved hear to buy a house...for my family! And yes you are right, there are plenty of houses in the ba and that was my point to aprilfools post- I made a mistake and now i'm paying for it. It I had to do it over again I wouldnt have moved here-And it has everything to do the the community! again,my opinion. I'm not defensive Im just being honest about this but for some reason you cant handle it. I'm defensive? I am glad this is home for you.Stay. This is not my home, thats all im saying.

#33 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(chan_yvette @ Jun 20 2008, 09:54 PM) View Post
Well since we are being honest here, I am a bay area transplant and I regret moving here in a major way! I am from the east bay and the only way we could afford a house was to move here. The funny thing I noticed right away was the terrible driving in this area-FAR WORST than bay area. I cant put into words how bad the driving is in the sac area,sorry but true.
I'm tired of people here calling transplants "bay area trash". Take a look in the mirror. If you decide to move here you will notice the level of sophisication does not come close to the bay area: restaurants,shopping and other things I dont care to mention. I will eventually move back but unfortunately I am stuck here for the moment. Please do research before moving here. I am just being honest folks.

Honey, I think the sophisticated people are avoiding you because your poor grammar and punctuation leads them to believe you are from West Virginia rather that the Bay Area.

“The funny thing I noticed right away was the terrible driving in this area-FAR WORST than bay area.”

Do you mean FAR WORSE?

#34 chan_yvette

chan_yvette

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Jun 20 2008, 11:44 PM) View Post
Honey, I think the sophisticated people are avoiding you because your poor grammar and punctuation leads them to believe you are from West Virginia rather that the Bay Area.

“The funny thing I noticed right away was the terrible driving in this area-FAR WORST than bay area.”

Do you mean FAR WORSE?

Yes a type-o. Thank you for pointing out, Its very late-and please dont call me honey.

#35 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(chan_yvette @ Jun 20 2008, 11:55 PM) View Post
Yes a type-o. Thank you for pointing out, Its very late-and please dont call me honey.

ok...sweetheart

#36 chan_yvette

chan_yvette

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Jun 21 2008, 12:04 AM) View Post
ok...sweetheart

wink.gif

#37 Good2bme

Good2bme

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE(chan_yvette @ Jun 20 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post
Sorry buddy, but folsom/edh only wishes it could so desirable as Walnut creek/Danville. You want to compare crime in walnut creek to West Sac? Go ahead, I'm waiting.

Walnut Creek and Danville are very nice communities, no doubt. What is the relavence of comparing their crime rate with West Sac, though, when we're talking about Folsom and EDH? Folsom and EDH are the furthest two communities in the Sacramento area from West Sac. I lived in a bad part of Sacramento for about two years (edge of Oak Park off of Stockton Blvd). The differences between Oak Park and Folsom/EDH are so dramatic as to make it almost unbelievable that the two areas are only separated by 15-20 miles. Literally two different worlds.

Personally, I'm not a restaraunts and shopping kind of a guy. I much prefer outdoor recreation, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, motorcycling, camping, etc.. This area is literally busting at the seams with these types of opportunities. If a person likes these kinds of things, this area is hard to beat. If shopping, a wide variety of cuisine, theater, etc are more important to a person, this may not be the best area. All places have their pros and cons. For me, the upsides we have here far outweigh any downsides.

Oh, by the way, not all of us harbor ill will toward bay area transplants. I know some great people who have moved here from the BA and I have friends who live in Pleasanton. People are people everywhere you go. Some are good, some are bad, some are classy and some are trashy.

#38 polycat

polycat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Baking, Cooking, Gardening, Traveling, Walking, Swimming, Biking, Reading, Blogging, Writing, Graphic Arts, Volunteering, Community... but my greatest interest and love is my family.

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(Good2bme @ Jun 21 2008, 07:44 AM) View Post
Oh, by the way, not all of us harbor ill will toward bay area transplants. I know some great people who have moved here from the BA and I have friends who live in Pleasanton. People are people everywhere you go. Some are good, some are bad, some are classy and some are trashy.

Well said. smile.gif

#39 chan_yvette

chan_yvette

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(Good2bme @ Jun 21 2008, 07:44 AM) View Post
Walnut Creek and Danville are very nice communities, no doubt. What is the relavence of comparing their crime rate with West Sac, though, when we're talking about Folsom and EDH? Folsom and EDH are the furthest two communities in the Sacramento area from West Sac. I lived in a bad part of Sacramento for about two years (edge of Oak Park off of Stockton Blvd). The differences between Oak Park and Folsom/EDH are so dramatic as to make it almost unbelievable that the two areas are only separated by 15-20 miles. Literally two different worlds.

Personally, I'm not a restaraunts and shopping kind of a guy. I much prefer outdoor recreation, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, motorcycling, camping, etc.. This area is literally busting at the seams with these types of opportunities. If a person likes these kinds of things, this area is hard to beat. If shopping, a wide variety of cuisine, theater, etc are more important to a person, this may not be the best area. All places have their pros and cons. For me, the upsides we have here far outweigh any downsides.

I agree. very well said!

#40 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(chan_yvette @ Jun 20 2008, 10:51 PM) View Post
You dont know me-my family is the most important thing in the world to me-that is why I moved here!! For my family-is that superficial? And no i'm not kidding about the driving,maybe where you come from the driving is bad but the east bay is cake compared to sac town. I am anything but superficial-just because I pointed out a few FACTS about entertainment or lack of in this area does not make me superficial. And thats where you and I see things differant, there is no sense of community and friendliness in this town IMO. So dont tell me what I consider important until you walk in my shoes! Honest.

You're right, I don't know you. And with your attitude, I don't care to. You give the impression of some self deserved entitlement that's pervasive in the Bay Area now. If you focus on the superficial, you get considered superficial. Don't confuse community with the level of entertainment or shopping. So, if it's not for the entertainment and shopping, why do you want to move back to the East Bay? If you're unhappy, why don't you try to drive improvements? Become a part of the contributing community? When was the last time you volunteered something and contributed to the community?

If you're not happy, move. I don't think anyone would stop you. If you have issues with specific entities around here, no area is perfect. But if you generalize, you disparage a lot of people, including me, will disagree with you. I've spent 20+ years in the BA; lots of great people there. But in general, as a collective, EDH/Folsom is a much stronger community; and again, just be clear, this has nothing to do with the entertainment/shopping available.

If people are not friendly towards you, perhaps you should look at yourself in the mirror and see if there's a reason why. You don't disparage a community because you made a mistake.

#41 polycat

polycat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Baking, Cooking, Gardening, Traveling, Walking, Swimming, Biking, Reading, Blogging, Writing, Graphic Arts, Volunteering, Community... but my greatest interest and love is my family.

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

AprilFool... be sure to let us know how the house/neighborhood hunting went this weekend! (By the way, it's not always this hot here)

#42 chan_yvette

chan_yvette

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(tsukiji @ Jun 21 2008, 08:53 AM) View Post
You're right, I don't know you. And with your attitude, I don't care to. You give the impression of some self deserved entitlement that's pervasive in the Bay Area now. If you focus on the superficial, you get considered superficial. Don't confuse community with the level of entertainment or shopping. So, if it's not for the entertainment and shopping, why do you want to move back to the East Bay? If you're unhappy, why don't you try to drive improvements? Become a part of the contributing community? When was the last time you volunteered something and contributed to the community?

If you're not happy, move. I don't think anyone would stop you. If you have issues with specific entities around here, no area is perfect. But if you generalize, you disparage a lot of people, including me, will disagree with you. I've spent 20+ years in the BA; lots of great people there. But in general, as a collective, EDH/Folsom is a much stronger community; and again, just be clear, this has nothing to do with the entertainment/shopping available.

If people are not friendly towards you, perhaps you should look at yourself in the mirror and see if there's a reason why. You don't disparage a community because you made a mistake.

Ok, Im sorry if you think I have an attitude because I speak the truth. Its my opinion. I do not focus on superficial things (I have 2 kids and do not have time for any of that stuff no matter where I live) but I was answering aprilfools question. And I am very involved in the community: PTA, fundraisers,etc. And to answer your question about the last time I volunteered-YESTERDAY! For the last year(since I moved here from ba) I volunteer for battered women in Sacramento. I do this in my spear time between Work and raising my kids. So you see, I dont have time to go shopping, dining or anything else...You say Folsom/edh has a stronger community, Well I do not-so lets agree to disagree. Like I said, you dont know me (and you dont care to as you mentioned) so please dont pass judgement on me. And I am the same friendly person here as I was in the bay so....I dont know what to tell you tsukiji.

#43 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(chan_yvette @ Jun 21 2008, 02:08 PM) View Post
Ok, Im sorry if you think I have an attitude because I speak the truth. Its my opinion. I do not focus on superficial things (I have 2 kids and do not have time for any of that stuff no matter where I live) but I was answering aprilfools question. And I am very involved in the community: PTA, fundraisers,etc. And to answer your question about the last time I volunteered-YESTERDAY! For the last year(since I moved here from ba) I volunteer for battered women in Sacramento. I do this in my spear time between Work and raising my kids. So you see, I dont have time to go shopping, dining or anything else...You say Folsom/edh has a stronger community, Well I do not-so lets agree to disagree. Like I said, you dont know me (and you dont care to as you mentioned) so please dont pass judgement on me. And I am the same friendly person here as I was in the bay so....I dont know what to tell you tsukiji.

You know, your logic-less banter is tiring at best. You're a moron and you don't even realize. I don't think you have an attitude because you speak the truth. I think you have attitude because of the truth you speak. You comments are full of contradictions. I'm sure the warmth of your 'friendliness' is apparent when advise people not to move here bacause of the area's lack of sophistication as measured by the absence of the shopping and restaurants. The fact that you think you are the 'same friendly person here as <you> were in the bay' speaks volumes. Perhaps you're not so friendly as you think but just can't take the mirror held up to you.

This is my last rebuttal to your opinions. Whatever. Best wishes in moving back to the bay.

#44 chan_yvette

chan_yvette

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(tsukiji @ Jun 21 2008, 02:23 PM) View Post
You know, your logic-less banter is tiring at best. You're a moron and you don't even realize. I don't think you have an attitude because you speak the truth. I think you have attitude because of the truth you speak. You comments are full of contradictions. I'm sure the warmth of your 'friendliness' is apparent when advise people not to move here bacause of the area's lack of sophistication as measured by the absence of the shopping and restaurants. The fact that you think you are the 'same friendly person here as <you> were in the bay' speaks volumes. Perhaps you're not so friendly as you think but just can't take the mirror held up to you.

This is my last rebuttal to your opinions. Whatever. Best wishes in moving back to the bay.

Listen, Aprifool ask for some advice so just because you do not agree with me you call me a moron? I never once made a person attack against you! And I'm not going to begin now. Since I moved here I have noticed the level of sophisication is differant from bay area, just my opinion. And you seemed to be stuck on the "restaurant and shopping" reference-get over it! They were just a few examples. Aprilfool, this is exactly what I am talking about, I gave my opinion on this forum and people start name calling,go ahead move here-good luck! I am DONE here.

#45 Good2bme

Good2bme

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

How did the BA even enter the discussion? The OP is considering moving here from Modesto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users