7 replies to this topic

#1 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:40 AM

Went today to get a present for my niece and was told that June 27 is their grand opening (they moved to the first floor) and the first 100 kids to enter the store will receive free Mickey ears and from noon-4pm Mickey and another character (don't remeber which) will be there for photos and autographs.
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

#2 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (swmr545 @ Jun 9 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went today to get a present for my niece and was told that June 27 is their grand opening (they moved to the first floor) and the first 100 kids to enter the store will receive free Mickey ears and from noon-4pm Mickey and another character (don't remeber which) will be there for photos and autographs.

Thanks for the info..Usually, posters have the tendency to tell of the event too late for planning....smile.gif
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#3 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

We're going to Disneyland in July to see the real characters. The ones in the stores are just "helpers".

lmaosmiley.gif

#4 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (rda @ Jun 9 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're going to Disneyland in July to see the real characters. The ones in the stores are just "helpers".

lmaosmiley.gif

I went back to Disneyland after not going for 12 years and my childhood memories were crushed (first thing I said to my mom was the castle shrunk)...needless to say I now understand why my dad didn't really enjoy going.

----------------

Don't know how long the sale will last but their big stuffed animals (not the gigantic ones but the regular sized ones) are 2 for $20 (usually $14 I think) and their smaller ones are on sale too. My nephew loves his new Pooh Bear
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hmmm, I'm a dad and I love going to Disneyland...seeing all the happy kids (especially mine!) lightens the spirit.
Ol Walt was quite a man...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (JBailey @ Jun 10 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm, I'm a dad and I love going to Disneyland...seeing all the happy kids (especially mine!) lightens the spirit.
Ol Walt was quite a man...

Maybe when I have kids of my own it'll be different. But for now I don't see the purpose of standing in line for 20+ minutes to go on a 2 minute ride.

But I'll agree with you, it was nice when I went the last time to spend some time w/ my niece and see how excited she was when she saw the princesses (was scared of the characters though...she was crying when we had our picture taken w/ Eeyore). And I'll probably want to go when my nephew goes when he's a little bit older.

RFK

#7 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Go right after Easter or in late october...you will walk on all the rides (though a few will be closed for service). A much better experiance!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#8 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (JBailey @ Jun 10 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go right after Easter or in late october...you will walk on all the rides (though a few will be closed for service). A much better experiance!

I'll keep that in mind...one "bonus" for us that trip was my mom fell on the jungle ride and so we got a wheelchair for free the rest of our visits there (she wasn't injured but they felt bad and gave us the free wheelchair cuz she had twisted her ankle)...got right to the front of the rides

RFK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users