#346 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Phonon @ Jul 15 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been watching workers on the top of the six story structure near E Bidwell and Iron Point every morning I go to work. They've been installing the roof on that building FOR 4 MONTHS! At least two workers up there, everyday. I don't think it should take 4 months to install a tile roof.

My brother's an ironworker and working on the movie theater. Crews are very scaled back.

#347 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well thanks! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (giasmom @ Jul 15 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with you. I LOVE your positive outlook, thats the way we like to live our lives. ..

#348 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

Still progressing though, according to this article from a week and a half ago.

http://edhtelegraph....l...e=&town_id=

QUOTE (traceyl @ Jul 15 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My brother's an ironworker and working on the movie theater. Crews are very scaled back.

#349 ericm2031

ericm2031

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

I still have lots of problems with this...

1) Basically, it could be 2 years before we see this thing completed...seems like it keeps getting later and later, I know Elliott said Fall of this year not that long ago.

2) After seeing what the Galleria and Fountains have together, I don't see Palladio stopping me from making that trek where I can get it all in one place. The Galleria keeps opening up stores weekly and I heard that the Fountains is already working on a 2nd phase. Hopefully we'll at least see this done before the 2nd phase of the Fountains as both of those projects got built and we're still waiting for this which has been planned for much longer than both of those.

#350 555

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

I guess I have a bit of a different perspective...

1) I am totally fine with a 2 year build out, even if that 2 year timeframe starts when the first phase is open. The economy sucks and opening it up all at once and having empty stores does nothing for me (or Elliott). I would be totally fine with an awesome center in 2-3 years. Especially since we'll get our feet wet with Phase 1 this fall.

2) I live in Folsom, not Roseville. I hate the trek over there to the Galleria and Fountains. Even if Palladio is NOT better per se, I don't care. It's in my backyard, so that COULD make it better to me. Again, Palladio is our community, Galleria and Fountains mean less to me because that's Roseville.

QUOTE (ericm2031 @ Aug 4 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) Basically, it could be 2 years before we see this thing completed...seems like it keeps getting later and later, I know Elliott said Fall of this year not that long ago.

2) After seeing what the Galleria and Fountains have together, I don't see Palladio stopping me from making that trek where I can get it all in one place. The Galleria keeps opening up stores weekly and I heard that the Fountains is already working on a 2nd phase. Hopefully we'll at least see this done before the 2nd phase of the Fountains as both of those projects got built and we're still waiting for this which has been planned for much longer than both of those.

#351 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

On #2 our sales tax goes to Roseville if we shop there too. It actually hurts our community when we shop elsewhere.
QUOTE (555 @ Aug 5 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I have a bit of a different perspective...

1) I am totally fine with a 2 year build out, even if that 2 year timeframe starts when the first phase is open. The economy sucks and opening it up all at once and having empty stores does nothing for me (or Elliott). I would be totally fine with an awesome center in 2-3 years. Especially since we'll get our feet wet with Phase 1 this fall.

2) I live in Folsom, not Roseville. I hate the trek over there to the Galleria and Fountains. Even if Palladio is NOT better per se, I don't care. It's in my backyard, so that COULD make it better to me. Again, Palladio is our community, Galleria and Fountains mean less to me because that's Roseville.

#352 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (ericm2031 @ Aug 4 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you couldn't pay me to drive to Roseville to shop at those overpriced over yuppy-fied over crowded stores. Roseville isn't even a city anymore, its nothing more then a giant glorified shopping mall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users