http://www.prweb.com...rweb3867324.htm

#467 jmreed97

jmreed97

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

Anyone see their money from Beck's yet? I haven't filed yet but plan to in the next week or so.

#468 SacPerson

SacPerson

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

Yes, I believe many (most? all?) of those plaintiffs who have filed small claims cases against Beck's have collected the judgement. There are 30+ cases filed against Beck's in 2010 in small claims court. www.Saccourt.com. It seems Beck's may have changed strategy and is paying off the small claims judgements with no trouble or argument. I believe that if someone filed a small claims case, Beck's would either settle for the full amount + court costs, or, pay the judgement outright after the small claims trial.

Another possibility is to become part of the class action lawsuit, if the class is certified, and try to get some money that way.

A person cannot both file in small claims and be part of the class action--you have to choose one or the other.

Good luck!

#469 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

I have a smal court claim by end of the mounth.
This is my 1-st time I ever sue anyone.....
Not sure how to do this on the best side... wacko.gif

#470 jmreed97

jmreed97

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (folsom2008 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a smal court claim by end of the mounth.
This is my 1-st time I ever sue anyone.....
Not sure how to do this on the best side... wacko.gif

Well, I finally filed. I have sued some in small claims, but we settled in the hall prior to seeing the judge. Based on my search on Saccourt.com, Becks has had 41 cases (plus mine) in 2009 and 2010. I'm guessing most are due to this promotion. If there is a pattern of them losing these, I am sure they will begin to settle or just pay the amount owed.

As for the process, just bring in everything you have regarding the transaction and promotion.

Still curious if anyone has been paid yet. Or are they appealing the rulings?

#471 SacPerson

SacPerson

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

The pattern that I am aware of is knowledge of some, but not all of the small claims cases filed in 2010. The pattern is that Beck's has lost all of the cases, appealed, and then paid the full judgement after it appealed. Why did Beck's pay $75 to appeal, and then go ahead and pay the judgement in full?

For those of you filing recently, I would guess Beck's will just settle before the trial date, and pay what you ask. If not, you'll go to trial and get a judgement and then they will pay. I doubt they will appeal any more judgements.

It appears to me that Beck's has changed its strategy and just wants to get rid of these small claims cases. I am guessing this is due to the class action filed against Beck's.

If you do go to trial, it's easy, don't sweat it! Just be organized, have all the exhibits labeled and an index for the judge to follow. Make a copy for you, the judge and Beck's. Include the promotional materials, sales receipt, your grocery receipts, communications with the rebate companies, etc.

I think the small claims judges have heard so many of these cases, they won't be surprised. The court consolidated many of the cases onto one calendar, and heard them together. I wouldn't be surprised if JMReed and Folsom2008 are put on calendar together.

Keep in touch, and let people on this board know what happens.

#472 jmreed97

jmreed97

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (SacPerson @ Jun 9 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The pattern that I am aware of is knowledge of some, but not all of the small claims cases filed in 2010. The pattern is that Beck's has lost all of the cases, appealed, and then paid the full judgement after it appealed. Why did Beck's pay $75 to appeal, and then go ahead and pay the judgement in full?

For those of you filing recently, I would guess Beck's will just settle before the trial date, and pay what you ask. If not, you'll go to trial and get a judgement and then they will pay. I doubt they will appeal any more judgements.

It appears to me that Beck's has changed its strategy and just wants to get rid of these small claims cases. I am guessing this is due to the class action filed against Beck's.

If you do go to trial, it's easy, don't sweat it! Just be organized, have all the exhibits labeled and an index for the judge to follow. Make a copy for you, the judge and Beck's. Include the promotional materials, sales receipt, your grocery receipts, communications with the rebate companies, etc.

I think the small claims judges have heard so many of these cases, they won't be surprised. The court consolidated many of the cases onto one calendar, and heard them together. I wouldn't be surprised if JMReed and Folsom2008 are put on calendar together.

Keep in touch, and let people on this board know what happens.

Thanks for the info SacPerson...

Just got my court date, it is on June 25th in the morning. The clerk told me my date would be 30-40 days out but they put it on the fast track. Since they are scheduling me so soon, you are probably right about the continued consolidation of cases.

Wish me luck!
Jake

#473 5yrFolsomer

5yrFolsomer

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Can somebody please post an update on their small claims, please...thanks!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users