#31 consumer

consumer

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(TraditionsLastALifetime @ Jul 24 2006, 11:36 AM) View Post

Maribou Salon in the new Raleys shopping center, great team there and color is their speciality!

are you joking? my hair was totally ruined there!!! it was so bad that they knew better than to charge me anything for it. i was offered another free visit, but no thanks!! i guess if you have someone you can trust there then go for it, but if you do not, watch out!!

#32 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

Yikes. It sounds like you had a bad experience. However, I don't think it's fair to base the other 10 or 15 stylists' skills on one person. It seems like you have may have gotten one inexperienced stylist and you were burned. At least they tried to make good.

Good luck to you. I hope you can find someone you are satisfied with. I know when it comes to our hair, we don't take things lightly. :-)

edited to add: Maybe you should try Jill. She is one of the owners and from what I have heard (from more than a couple sources), she is fabulous, and color is her specialty.

#33 becki219

becki219

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:13 AM

Pioema Salon and Spa is an Aveda Concept salon that is brand spanking new in Folsom. Mary the owner is great. The phone number is 983-4000.

#34 Lisa

Lisa

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(consumer @ Oct 10 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post

[size=2][font=Comic Sans Ms]
Being fairly new in the area, I thought I would try the new salon, Maribou. I was totally unimpressed! I'm from San Francisco where there are many awesome sylists/colorists and this place (Maribou) appeared to have an upscale vibe as well. Boy what a let down. Without naming names, I did go to a sylist who "didn't charge as much as some of the others" but what a mistake that was!! She ruined my hair. Most likely because I later found out she had very little experience even doing hair. Apparently she worked in another salon providing a much different service than hair and it truly showed. My suggestion would be that if you choose to go here, make sure you get someone who has been doing hair for a minimum of 5 or 6 years. The price each stylist charges may be a good indicator as to how much experience they have and in this case, fork out the extra cash as it's better that getting your hair totally ruined!! I'm still looking for a new place to go to, but in the meantime, I'm commuting to SF for now!![font=Comic Sans Ms][font=Comic Sans Ms]

Hmm, this post sounds suspicious. I wonder if this might just be someone (maybe a stylist from another salon?) who wants to slam Maribou - anonymously of course. Anyone can make up a user name and say pretty much anything they want on this forum, so I choose not to believe it. I work at Maribou (doing hair) probably 60+ hours per week, and I have never seen a client come in who seemed as disgruntled as this person claims to be. If ever there was, the owners would do every and anything possible to make it right.
~ Lisa Maechler

#35 consumer

consumer

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Oct 10 2006, 10:49 PM) View Post

Yikes. It sounds like you had a bad experience. However, I don't think it's fair to base the other 10 or 15 stylists' skills on one person. It seems like you have may have gotten one inexperienced stylist and you were burned. At least they tried to make good.

Good luck to you. I hope you can find someone you are satisfied with. I know when it comes to our hair, we don't take things lightly. :-)

edited to add: Maybe you should try Jill. She is one of the owners and from what I have heard (from more than a couple sources), she is fabulous, and color is her specialty.

you're totally right about not discrediting the other sylists just because of one! my problem was that my hair was ruined by someone who is discriminatly advertising herself on this website by responding to other people's postings who are seeking out a new hairdresser. anyway, your point's well taken, i was trying to forwarn others out there about her. i'm sure there are many other talented sylists there however, i made the mistake of going to someone that made herself out to be knowledgable as well as fair when it comes to cost. thanks for your input.

#36 consumer

consumer

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(Lisa @ Oct 11 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

Hmm, this post sounds suspicious. I wonder if this might just be someone (maybe a stylist from another salon?) who wants to slam Maribou - anonymously of course. Anyone can make up a user name and say pretty much anything they want on this forum, so I choose not to believe it. I work at Maribou (doing hair) probably 60+ hours per week, and I have never seen a client come in who seemed as disgruntled as this person claims to be. If ever there was, the owners would do every and anything possible to make it right.
~ Lisa Maechler

"Hmm"! You sound rather defensive...if you recall I never used any specific names and I'm obviously NOT attempting to slam Maribou as I said before, it wasn't the salon, but an inexperienced (-trying-now-to-get-a-lot-of-experience-by-working-lots-of-overtime-hours-in-a-hurry) stylist that was being referred to! You shouldn't be so transparent about your skills (or lack thereof). And, yes I'm a client who has now found a great stylist whom I won't even name. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was promoting a specific salon or stylist now would I? That would be something a "stylist from another salon" would do! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

#37 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE(consumer @ Oct 17 2006, 01:38 AM) View Post

"Hmm"! You sound rather defensive...if you recall I never used any specific names and I'm obviously NOT attempting to slam Maribou as I said before, it wasn't the salon, but an inexperienced (-trying-now-to-get-a-lot-of-experience-by-working-lots-of-overtime-hours-in-a-hurry) stylist that was being referred to! You shouldn't be so transparent about your skills (or lack thereof). And, yes I'm a client who has now found a great stylist whom I won't even name. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was promoting a specific salon or stylist now would I? That would be something a "stylist from another salon" would do! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

It is fairly obvious "consumer" is a stylist from another salon. It's a back-stabbing business out there and so easy to give a "bad" review on a forum. She is way to invested it this topic by replying days later to her own posting. Maybe it is a stylist from another that can't cut it in a high end salon like Maribou, or an owner of another salon that has lost business to the "latest and greatest".

#38 consumer

consumer

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Oct 17 2006, 01:34 PM) View Post

It is fairly obvious "consumer" is a stylist from another salon. It's a back-stabbing business out there and so easy to give a "bad" review on a forum. She is way to invested it this topic by replying days later to her own posting. Maybe it is a stylist from another that can't cut it in a high end salon like Maribou, or an owner of another salon that has lost business to the "latest and greatest".

My oh my, you've just gotten yourself all in a tizzy over this, not to mention responding to an email that wasn't ever even addressed to you personally. You really would have been better off just keeping quiet! I tried being discreet, but someone was feeling guilty, huh?? By the way, with all those long hours you claim to be working, I'm a bit curious on how you have so much free time to get so involved on this website(?). It's terribly unfortunate, and simply not right that you are giving people in your business such a bad name. Just about every stylist I've ever known has established the majority of their clientelle by word of mouth. You, taking advantage of a website that is meant mostly for Folsom newcomers looking for services of quality by review of other customers/clients, shouldn't be out there trying to manipulate innocent people with your 'my prices aren't that high and I'm very generous with my foils', blah, blah...all so that you can lure them in! You obviously don't give people very much credit do you? Your work is supposed to advertise for itself! I can't help but think that your kind of like the "ambulance chaser" of hairdressers!! Seriously now, I'm just tryin' to help you (after reading your paranoid response to me, who was just using this site the way it was intended, and then getting accused of being another stylists who was stooping to your level. What you really need to be doing at this point, is to: 1-stop worrying about people seeing through your ways (they do), 2-stop ranting, raving and making paranoid assumptions about another sylist playing your foolish game, and 3-just get back to work! I have the time to look out for people like you and try to warn them of when I've been screwed. I really don't think YOU do! As a matter of fact, I don't recall there being ANY other postings from other hair stylists just popping onto the site by to say hello, and by the way, you can always call me. This, my friend is not what the website is meant for (blowin' your own horn!!). I don't think, a reputable hair dresser would ever even consider doing that! Not only because they didn't need to, but it would also make them look kind of pathetic. Just because you happen to think manipulatively, doesn't mean everyone else does too. Oh yeah, about your belief that I'm a fricken hair person, what the hell is my objective? OK yeah, I'm a stylist that wants to increase my business, so I think I'll go on "this" website, not give a name, not give a name of the salon, and then go warn others not to believe everything they hear, especially from unamed people! Just what exactly am I supposedly going for here? Paalleeezz enlighten me! I was just looking out for people who might possibly make the same mistake I did. One's hair can be a serious subject, and if someone ends up going to a nice salon like Maribou (happy now?) they're likely to have high expectations. Then there you are, Miss "the latest and the greatest" (God help me...AND them!!). Now that I've been in Folsom a little longer and met some more people, I'm seeing that my warnings may not be all that needed after all, like I've said before, people's work (hair) speaks for itself...apparently I'm not the only unhappy camper out there! But not to worry, I hear you give a mean manicure!! I realize this all may seem a bit harsh, but when you claim to have experience doing something that you obviously do not, there's usually a price to pay. And I believe it would simply be wrong to not share my learning experience! And just remember this...my original posting was simply to warn innocent customers out there to be cautious of inexperienced sylists... and PRESTO, there you were, basically admitting to the world that the posting HAD to have been about of you! Not real smart kiddo! Anyway, you just keep on truckin', you'll learn more as you gain the experience needed. You can do it, I just know you can! Good luck to you, and keep those chins up! No need to thank me, just work on your color technique first and foremost and that will be a reward to all!! Now see, I really do care (but I gotta care about everyone else's hair too, don't I??)

ps...What's this about replying to my own posting? Ya lost me on that one!!

#39 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(consumer @ Oct 18 2006, 01:28 AM) View Post

My oh my, you've just gotten yourself all in a tizzy over this, not to mention responding to an email that wasn't ever even addressed to you personally. You really would have been better off just keeping quiet! I tried being discreet, but someone was feeling guilty, huh?? By the way, with all those long hours you claim to be working, I'm a bit curious on how you have so much free time to get so involved on this website(?). It's terribly unfortunate, and simply not right that you are giving people in your business such a bad name. Just about every stylist I've ever known has established the majority of their clientelle by word of mouth. You, taking advantage of a website that is meant mostly for Folsom newcomers looking for services of quality by review of other customers/clients, shouldn't be out there trying to manipulate innocent people with your 'my prices aren't that high and I'm very generous with my foils', blah, blah...all so that you can lure them in! You obviously don't give people very much credit do you? Your work is supposed to advertise for itself! I can't help but think that your kind of like the "ambulance chaser" of hairdressers!! Seriously now, I'm just tryin' to help you (after reading your paranoid response to me, who was just using this site the way it was intended, and then getting accused of being another stylists who was stooping to your level. What you really need to be doing at this point, is to: 1-stop worrying about people seeing through your ways (they do), 2-stop ranting, raving and making paranoid assumptions about another sylist playing your foolish game, and 3-just get back to work! I have the time to look out for people like you and try to warn them of when I've been screwed. I really don't think YOU do! As a matter of fact, I don't recall there being ANY other postings from other hair stylists just popping onto the site by to say hello, and by the way, you can always call me. This, my friend is not what the website is meant for (blowin' your own horn!!). I don't think, a reputable hair dresser would ever even consider doing that! Not only because they didn't need to, but it would also make them look kind of pathetic. Just because you happen to think manipulatively, doesn't mean everyone else does too. Oh yeah, about your belief that I'm a fricken hair person, what the hell is my objective? OK yeah, I'm a stylist that wants to increase my business, so I think I'll go on "this" website, not give a name, not give a name of the salon, and then go warn others not to believe everything they hear, especially from unamed people! Just what exactly am I supposedly going for here? Paalleeezz enlighten me! I was just looking out for people who might possibly make the same mistake I did. One's hair can be a serious subject, and if someone ends up going to a nice salon like Maribou (happy now?) they're likely to have high expectations. Then there you are, Miss "the latest and the greatest" (God help me...AND them!!). Now that I've been in Folsom a little longer and met some more people, I'm seeing that my warnings may not be all that needed after all, like I've said before, people's work (hair) speaks for itself...apparently I'm not the only unhappy camper out there! But not to worry, I hear you give a mean manicure!! I realize this all may seem a bit harsh, but when you claim to have experience doing something that you obviously do not, there's usually a price to pay. And I believe it would simply be wrong to not share my learning experience! And just remember this...my original posting was simply to warn innocent customers out there to be cautious of inexperienced sylists... and PRESTO, there you were, basically admitting to the world that the posting HAD to have been about of you! Not real smart kiddo! Anyway, you just keep on truckin', you'll learn more as you gain the experience needed. You can do it, I just know you can! Good luck to you, and keep those chins up! No need to thank me, just work on your color technique first and foremost and that will be a reward to all!! Now see, I really do care (but I gotta care about everyone else's hair too, don't I??)

ps...What's this about replying to my own posting? Ya lost me on that one!!

eek.gif

are you ok? you must have me confused with someone else. I am not a stylist and I have no connection to Maribou except as an occasional client. You are responding to the wrong person.

#40 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

My wife hates Maribou, I guess they destroyed her hair. Looked the same to me *shrug* At least the new place she is going is less than half the price, that's pretty cool, and she likes her haircut every time leaving there.

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#41 consumer

consumer

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Oct 18 2006, 04:24 PM) View Post

:eek:

are you ok? you must have me confused with someone else. I am not a stylist and I have no connection to Maribou except as an occasional client. You are responding to the wrong person.

Sorry, you're right...I'm just a very bitter customer who got royally ruined by a stylist a Maribou who was pretty much cold-calling. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there!!

#42 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

Wow, this topic has gotten way out of hand by 'consumer'. Obviously, this is another stylist because who would spend THAT much time on a post if they weren't trying to bash another salon. The tone in the post is very negative and those who don't have many posts on this forum aren't always taken seriously so quite wasting your time.

The stylist at Maribou, Lisa Maechler, did a great job on my hair! I was referred to her BY WORD OF MOUTH from a couple of moms in my mom's group. Now there are 4 of us going there. Obviously, we all are happy with her because we wouldn't continue to go if we weren't.

Look at the time that 'consumer' posts...1:30am?? Are ya up drinking at that time or what? Ok, well I've been around this site for a long time and have recommended things in the past and people were very happy with my recommendations. I would recommend Lisa Maechler at Maribou Spa and Salon! smile.gif

#43 consumer

consumer

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Oct 18 2006, 04:35 PM) View Post

My wife hates Maribou, I guess they destroyed her hair. Looked the same to me *shrug* At least the new place she is going is less than half the price, that's pretty cool, and she likes her haircut every time leaving there.

Hey, she must have gone to the same person I did thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
My regrets!

#44 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:01 PM

error

QUOTE(consumer @ Oct 18 2006, 09:31 PM) View Post

Sorry, you're right...I'm just a very bitter customer who got royally ruined by a stylist a Maribou who was pretty much cold-calling. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there!!

Your long and vicious reply to my post was based on the assumption that my post was written by whatever stylist you are complaining about. That makes most of you statements in that post not applicable??? I am almost certain you aren't really a customer, You post is way to personal. My guess is you have a grudge against Maribou or some of the people that work there. If you read your post you can feel the personal anger you have, something is not right. You sound unbalanced and immature.

Milo, Why post an image of one of Maribous owners? That is really mean! What are you trying to say... Sometimes your sarcasm goes a bit too far. Think how you would feel if someone put your picture on a thread like this...

#45 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Oct 18 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post

error
Your long and vicious reply to my post was based on the assumption that my post was written by whatever stylist you are complaining about. That makes most of you statements in that post not applicable??? I am almost certain you aren't really a customer, You post is way to personal. My guess is you have a grudge against Maribou or some of the people that work there. If you read your post you can feel the personal anger you have, something is not right. You sound unbalanced and immature.

Milo, Why post an image of one of Maribous owners? That is really mean! What are you trying to say... Sometimes your sarcasm goes a bit too far. Think how you would feel if someone put your picture on a thread like this...

I agree with Dr. Folsom. I know the lady pictured and she is an honest, reputable businesswoman who is trying to make a go of her own salon here in Folsom. People have every right to state their opinions, but when it comes to maligning an entire business over unhappiness with one hairsylist, then I think a line needs to be drawn. This is starting to remind me of the My Grandma's Kitchen posts!!!!

Bottom line, if you aren't happy with the results, take your business elsewhere.
John: I think that the picture needs to be removed asap.

Barb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users