#1 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles<br />Trucks<br />Boats<br />camping<br />

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

So I saw the place called Jaimes on DDD the other night. The place is over on Broadway in downtown area. It looked good on TV and I was sitting around trying to do for dinner since I am a bachelor for a few nights. So I thought it would be the perfect night. I plugged the address in the Garmin GPS on the motorcycle and let Lola guide me to it. Normally I have every DDD location loaded in as a custom POI but this was a very new episode and not in my library. I got there a bit after 8. well they close at 9. I was told I would have to sit at the bar since the dining tables were closed. I got a meny that didnt have much on it. I was told immediately of about 4-5 items that they were out of. The prime rib is only a special not offered that night. I was a bit unimplressed by it all. So, I ended up with a New York steak sandwitch. well if that is a sandwich then it was missing part of the bun. In any case it was still very good. The steak was very good, and the bread and onion rings made me feel like I was eating real food and not the processed feel like some places. The fries were excellent and had a unique batter but still dind feel like heavily fryed. Prices were very descent. 11 bucks for a REAL steak sandwich with fries. I was told they were sold out becasue of the large crowds from people flocking from the TV episode. I would like to go back and try some other stuff but the menu was a bit limited. They have specials but most of those were sold out as well and the ones remaining didnt seem appealing. However, it made for a nice motorcycle ride and was still some very good food.
"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
Socrates

#2 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Sounds like a nice trip. DDD had the same affect on Squeeze Inn - place was already challenging to get into then made impossible with DDD (just go before or after lunch rush).

#3 Brightside

Brightside

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

biggrin.gif Thank you for starting this thread.... We just saw the DDD show too and are going this weekend to check it out. It does sound like an earlier reservation/arrive time might help in getting the dish I've got my stomach set on trying! letseat.gif

#4 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Brightside @ Apr 9 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif Thank you for starting this thread.... We just saw the DDD show too and are going this weekend to check it out. It does sound like an earlier reservation/arrive time might help in getting the dish I've got my stomach set on trying! letseat.gif

You may want to re-think that idea. I believe they are closed on the weekends. Its a mon-fri lunch and dinner joint with a bar. Very weird if you ask me.
Socrates

#5 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (eVader @ Apr 8 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a nice trip. DDD had the same affect on Squeeze Inn - place was already challenging to get into then made impossible with DDD (just go before or after lunch rush).

Yea we went to the galt location which is a bit better ut was still crowded. I actually didnt have a problem getting in last night. I sat right down at the bar and there were empty tables. However, it sounds like it was pretty crowded the rest of the day. This is a small place as well. It well get overwhelmed by large crowds.

Socrates

#6 a little bean

a little bean

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Ram_it! @ Apr 9 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea we went to the galt location which is a bit better ut was still crowded. I actually didnt have a problem getting in last night. I sat right down at the bar and there were empty tables. However, it sounds like it was pretty crowded the rest of the day. This is a small place as well. It well get overwhelmed by large crowds.

Maybe I just missed it, but what was the name of this place?

#7 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (a little bean @ Apr 9 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I just missed it, but what was the name of this place?

Sounds like Jamie's Bar and Grill

http://sacramento.ci..._bar_grill.html

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#8 FolsomLivingForMe

FolsomLivingForMe

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:03 AM

It is closed on weekends, the lunch crowd is big a lot of state workers from that area (DMV, DOJ, DRE) it's been around for a very long time, surprised to see it on DDD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users