25 replies to this topic

#16 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

My suggestion would be to store your oversized green waste in that large RV access you have on the side of your yard, rather than the middle of the street. Move it out to the street the night before pickup. I can see why someone may have been a little peeved as I've also had to dodge that branch pile for two weeks now. I may have actually hit it a time or two ohmy.gif

#17 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Sandman @ May 11 2007, 09:06 AM) View Post
My suggestion would be to store your oversized green waste in that large RV access you have on the side of your yard, rather than the middle of the street. Move it out to the street the night before pickup. I can see why someone may have been a little peeved as I've also had to dodge that branch pile for two weeks now. I may have actually hit it a time or two ohmy.gif

It's curbside, not in the middle of the street. And I'm sorry that it's been there so long. Next time I will call before I start pruning so if there is a two-week backlog, I'm already ahead of the game. I still think that if the neighbor would have talked to me, s/he would have understood.

I'll see if I can borrow a neighbor's wheelbarrow since I haven't any way to get it all to the RV access, which I can do now that the dirt and bark that was stored there has been moved.

BTW, thanks to the many people who have offered their help. Besides the offers here, I've been PM'd and called with offers. I do appreciate it.

#18 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Just got a call from Pete at the City. He said no worries and no need to move it, they'll push the code follow-up to after the previously scheduled pick-up date. He also said that it's a very common happening that someone will call in a complaint on green waste when there's already been a pick-up date scheduled.

#19 D's TK

D's TK

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 11 2007, 09:40 AM) View Post
Just got a call from Pete at the City. He said no worries and no need to move it, they'll push the code follow-up to after the previously scheduled pick-up date. He also said that it's a very common happening that someone will call in a complaint on green waste when there's already been a pick-up date scheduled.

Hey cw68,

Glad to hear this situation is getting resolved for you....it would certainly have been nice if whoever complained would have inquired of you first sad.gif Even if they didn't want to confront you directly, at the very least, they could have put a note on your door or something! If anyone would stop to think about it for a moment...is anyone really going to leave that stuff curbside forever? Surely they must know that you were in the process of having the city take care of it. I know that anytime we call the city for anything, there is usually a two week or so lead time...this is not unusual at all. I am sorry you had to go through the stress of frantically wondering what to do and the possibility of being fined!

And this is just a note to neighbors all over Folsom: PLEASE, please, please....just talk to each other first before jumping on the phone unsure.gif Especially if it's something unusual, like something that doesn't happen all the time (i.e. a neighbor with lots of branches on the curb for a longer than normal period of time) Chances are, it is being taken care of! It shouldn't be so difficult for us all to talk to each other huh.gif More often than not, it clears thing up and life goes on as usual smile.gif

#20 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 11 2007, 09:40 AM) View Post

Yeah!!

If you still need help let me know.

#21 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ May 10 2007, 08:10 PM) View Post
Sorry the pile sat out too long for you. I did the pruning over the course of a week and then when I called the City to come pick it up, they didn't have a day open in our area for almost two weeks. Last week I scheduled next Weds, May 16, as the pick-up date. I do not have a pick-up truck to take it to the dump myself.

That's interesting. We called for same thing on Monday, and it was picked up Wed. And we're just down the street from you! They should have grabbed yours too. Unless you called different folks. We used two of our large trash pickups to haul away trees we pulled down over the weekend. That means we only have one left for this year.

Saw Pete just this a.m. He is quite pleasant and will understand the city's pickup schedules and won't harrass you.

I agree with you about trying to resolve these things personally first. But some people are too chicken to approach a neighbor directly with complaints. Hmmm, maybe I'll drop a note down the street at the house with the 2-foot tall grass. . .
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#22 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

Cw, I was in your neighborhood and saw the pile....I don't want to start any trouble but those branches sure looked like Red Tipped Photina's and looks like they were cut pretty close to the trunk.

#23 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

Some people are so uptight.

What kind of person is going to get all worked up because a pile of branches is out there for a few days? I agree with the person who said: it should be obvious that the pile is not going to remain there forever.

For the past few weeks, our neighbor has had an old junker car in the driveway. Not the most attractive thing. But in the course of chatting with them (which we do every couple days anyway), we learned that rebuilding a car from scratch was their son's senior project! So we knew that the car was there for a good (and temporary) reason.

Talking to your neighbors and cutting them some slack is usually a good plan.

#24 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

There's so much negative going on with neighbors reporting neighbors lately that you guys have inspired me to leave a non-negative Attaboy note I've been meaning to do for someone a few streets over. I've been watching them spruce up their yard and it is looking absolutely beautful. I think they'd appreciate knowing. Bet you all have someone in your neighborhood that deserves the same.

#25 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(ducky @ May 14 2007, 07:02 AM) View Post
There's so much negative going on with neighbors reporting neighbors lately that you guys have inspired me to leave a non-negative Attaboy note I've been meaning to do for someone a few streets over. I've been watching them spruce up their yard and it is looking absolutely beautful. I think they'd appreciate knowing. Bet you all have someone in your neighborhood that deserves the same.

We have someone in our neighborhood who's doing the same. Their yard looks outstanding. I should leave a note as well.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#26 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(ducky @ May 14 2007, 07:02 AM) View Post

That's a great idea. We've done a lot of relandscaping since we bought the house a year ago and it's hard work. They'd probably really appreciate that you positively notice their efforts and labor. My next-door neighbors told me that they are going to do a lot of work to their front yard. I think I'll take your cue and do the same for them when they are done.

Thanks Ducky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users