55 replies to this topic

#1 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:17 AM

We have some new neighbors that think they own the street. This weekend I counted 3 trailers being stored in front of other peoples houses in the street. I really don't have a problem with this if they are just moving them around for the day or whatever. They are rather large. 2 of them are triple axle utility type trailers, while the third looks like a mobile meth lab. laugh.gif Is there a city ordinance about this?

#2 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 10 2008, 07:17 AM) View Post
We have some new neighbors that think they own the street. This weekend I counted 3 trailers being stored in front of other peoples houses in the street. I really don't have a problem with this if they are just moving them around for the day or whatever. They are rather large. 2 of them are triple axle utility type trailers, while the third looks like a mobile meth lab. laugh.gif Is there a city ordinance about this?

Are they enclosed trailers or open ones? If they were hauling around dirt bikes or ATV's I'd think they'd be your new buds. Either way it sounds annoying and I know the streets and parking are tight in your neighborhood, I'd be pissed too.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#3 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:53 AM

They are UGLY trailers! Looks like MAYBE for dirt??
<3

#4 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:55 AM

There is a huge beautiful sail boat on a trailer on our street. They can keep it there as long as they want as far as I am concerned. I could look at that thing all day. Gorgeous.
Our street is wide and there is lots of room.

#5 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:57 AM

These trailers are big... really big. Anyway, one is being stored on the street with no vehicle attached...

I'm not going to speculate about what I think is going on over there... but there was some really funny smoke blowing around that house friday night....

#6 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 10 2008, 06:57 AM) View Post
These trailers are big... really big. Anyway, one is being stored on the street with no vehicle attached...

I'm not going to speculate about what I think is going on over there... but there was some really funny smoke blowing around that house friday night....

Everyone who has rented that house has been weird. laugh.gif
<3

#7 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:12 AM

Look what I found...

Information Bulletin:(FMC Sec.10.20.270) Detatched Boats/ Trailers Know the Rules

This is an informational bulletin to advise everyone of a popular code violation in town.

Did you know that leaving a trailer detached on the street is a violation of Folsom Municipal Code section 10.20.270. IEie, detached boats) “No person shall leave standing any utility trailer on a public roadway without having a vehicle attached to the utility trailer capable of immediately towing it at the request of a public safety officer. Code Enforcement officers respond to complaints involving this violation along with the Police Department. Vehicles found in violation are tagged and/or cited and may be towed if necessary.

For more information on this matter contact our office at 355-7229.

The Code Enforcement Division checks for code compliance and performs field inspections to ensure conformity to the Folsom Municipal Code (FMC). The Division listens to citizen complaints, ideas and viewpoints and responds by investigating alleged violations of the FMC and other related laws. We actively pursue compliance when a violation of the FMC exists through administrative, civil or criminal remedies. When applicable, the division coordinates with other agencies for cross-jurisdictional violations.

#8 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

I've always wondered about people that leave trailers, boat or otherwise, parked out on the street for long lengths of time. Aren't they worried someone will pull up and steal them?

Anyway, Andrea & Chris V, looks like your problem can be taken care of with some snapshots and an email to the code enforcement officer at the city.

#9 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

That is correct that a vehicle needs to be attached to the trailer if left on the street. And I believe it can only be left in that one spot no more than 72 hours. Call code enforcement and they will come out and give those people a warning.

#10 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(Howdy @ Mar 10 2008, 09:37 AM) View Post
That is correct that a vehicle needs to be attached to the trailer if left on the street. And I believe it can only be left in that one spot no more than 72 hours. Call code enforcement and they will come out and give those people a warning.

Yes all true we had our boat in the street for 1 day without it being attached and it was tagged we didn't see the tag in our hurried days and came home and the boat was gone towed away they broke the lock on the trailer hitch and off she went had to pay $$ to get it out and what a nightmare-
I did not have a problem with it as it was the rules we didn't know and it happened but what really p'd me off was that I drove my neighborhood that same day and saw 3 other boats not attached and 2 utilitiy trailers not attached took pictures and sent them to the Folsom Parking Code guy and his response was I didn't see those only yours (of course because I live 2 doors of No.Lexington) so it was noticed , he never drove into Keller Circle where he would have found several others... Anyways point being that unless you call and complain to him if your street isn't noticed from busy thoroughfares they won't be tagged with 72hr notices...

#11 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

Since the neighbors are new, you might give them chance to rectify the situation without calling the city. Stop on by just to let them know the city ordinance and that you're telling them before someone calls the city so they can avoid a citation.

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

If someone leaves their trailer on the street for more than 5 days, you are entitled to pick it up and bring it over to my place. I need some hauling done.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#13 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 10 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post
Since the neighbors are new, you might give them chance to rectify the situation without calling the city. Stop on by just to let them know the city ordinance and that you're telling them before someone calls the city so they can avoid a citation.

Generally I would talk to them about it first. But, when they moved in, I went over and said hi and they all pretty much ignored me, so eff em.

#14 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

if you try the nice approach, talk to them and see if they know some imaginary frinds from rio linda as an ice breaker

#15 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 10 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post

These people are renters, not neighbors.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users