40 replies to this topic

#1 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:06 AM

A home at the end of the culdesac on Conductor Way was broken into yesterday afternoon. They entered the side gate and used some type of crow bar to pry open the side garage door. A neighbor happened to see a suspicous looking early 90's black Japanese car (possibly Nissan Senta or something similar) parked in front of the house around the time it was believed to be broken into.

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(Sandman @ Mar 12 2008, 09:06 AM) View Post
A home at the end of the culdesac on Conductor Way was broken into yesterday afternoon. They entered the side gate and used some type of crow bar to pry open the side garage door. A neighbor happened to see a suspicous looking early 90's black Japanese car (possibly Nissan Senta or something similar) parked in front of the house around the time it was believed to be broken into.

And did the neighbor call the police on the suspicious car or try calling the victim's house to determine if anyone who lived there was home?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

I hate this crap. What do we have to do?? Build a fort around our homes? I don't want a dog!

#4 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:43 AM

I don't believe the neighbor thought twice about the car at the time he saw it. A lot of cars come in and out of that cudesac. There are about eight houses in that court.

Odly enough this is the only house in the culdesac that does not have a dog in the backyard.

Talking to the police they strongly recommend placing a deadbolt on side garage doors. If you think about it, you typically have deadbolts on front and back doors, but your side garage door ends up being the weakest link and burglars know that.

I overheard one of the residents in the culdesac talking to the police that they are in the process of tying to get a neighborhood watch going again. There is suppose to be a neighborhood meeting coming up soon. Ill try to get some more details.

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Sandman @ Mar 12 2008, 09:43 AM) View Post
Talking to the police they strongly recommend placing a deadbolt on side garage doors. If you think about it, you typically have deadbolts on front and back doors, but your side garage door ends up being the weakest link and burglars know that.

Yep, mine is deadbolted. As well as my sliding glass doors. I also use those thumbscrew window locks. I'm currently without dogs, but I don't take down my beware of dog signs.
I figure they still can serve as a deterrent.
I would rather be Backpacking

#6 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

In addition to a deadbolt on the side garage door, we should always keep the door from the garage to the house locked. Many people keep that door unlocked, and once you get into the garage it's a piece of cake to get into the house.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#7 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 12 2008, 11:19 AM) View Post
In addition to a deadbolt on the side garage door, we should always keep the door from the garage to the house locked. Many people keep that door unlocked, and once you get into the garage it's a piece of cake to get into the house.

That door in my house also has a deadbolt
I would rather be Backpacking

#8 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

There have been at least a dozen burglaries in Natoma Station in the last couple months.

There were 2 on Orange Blossom over the weekend. In one, the burglars broke a little window next to the front door on Sunday while the family was at church.

A month or two ago, there was a daytime burglary on Turnpike while the mom was out shopping.

Whoever is doing this is very bold and it is very scary. I know some neighbors are planning to move jewelry and the like to safe deposit boxes.

Also, two victims I talked to are very unhappy with the Folsom police. They've been unresponsive and act like they have no expectation of ever catching the culprit.

#9 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Mar 12 2008, 11:47 AM) View Post
There have been at least a dozen burglaries in Natoma Station in the last couple months.

There were 2 on Orange Blossom over the weekend. In one, the burglars broke a little window next to the front door on Sunday while the family was at church.

A month or two ago, there was a daytime burglary on Turnpike while the mom was out shopping.

Whoever is doing this is very bold and it is very scary. I know some neighbors are planning to move jewelry and the like to safe deposit boxes.

Also, two victims I talked to are very unhappy with the Folsom police. They've been unresponsive and act like they have no expectation of ever catching the culprit.

Sounds like it's time for the public to take some action....

#10 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

Count me in on the neighborhood watch.

#11 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Mar 12 2008, 11:47 AM) View Post

Hmmm...nearest neighborhood to the Lite Rail station.....call me kooky!
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#12 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:54 AM) View Post
Count me in on the neighborhood watch.

My wife and I were just talking about forming a neighborhood watch group again just this weekend, even though we had not heard of the "couple dozen" burglaries, it just seems like its a facet of community that NS seems to lack.

That... and barbeques smile.gif

Very timely discussion I'd say.

Posted Image

#13 notsure

notsure

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Everything food...

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

I am in for the neighborhood watch. I know my neighbor is interested too.

#14 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Barbara Leary of the old NSCO barbaraleary@comcast.net is asking interested Natoma Station people to attend a meeting to address this as well as a few other things.

Here are a couple of here news emails from last week and this. contact her at the above email to get on her notice list and find out more and to attend the first meeting.

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 02:23:32 +0000

I received responses from 8 folks, most of whom have the same concerns that I mentioned in my e-mail of last week. I am willing to host a meeting of anyone interested to discuss:
1. How NSCO might be able to address the concerns many have expressed about the deterioration in the appearance of several areas in Natoma Station. There is no longer a Design and review committee for our neighborhood as the original requirement for one expired some years ago.
I have copies of the CC&R's for the neighborhood and we will need to get a list of offenders, formulate a letter and highlight the violation in the CC&R's. Our only other avenue for addressing the issues is to take each individual homeowner who continues to violate the CC&R's to small claims court
2. Setting a time/date to have the City Neighborhood watch program put on a program for the whole neighborhood. I know for sure that they will want to have "block captains" for each circle or portions of circles so this will require putting out a newsletter some time ahead of the meeting. Newsletters will require volunteers to deliver.
-----------
I will be glad to have it in my home at 128 Yankton St.
We will have copies of the CC&R's available and plan to discuss how we should approach violations.
I will get some more information about setting up a neighborhood watch meeting with the City program
I will also try to get an update or have a representative from the Folsom Preservation League to review the latest on the hotel proposal at the Chinese diggings site.
Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Looking forward to seeing you all. If you have e-mail addresses for any other interested neighbors, please forward this message on.
Barbara Leary

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:57:03 +0000

Oh, dear, after all the e-mails I found that I had a MAJOR conflict on Wednesday, March 26 with another meeting I had committed to sponsoring back in January on the same night. My weeknights are very due to a very heavy work load and long hours.
So, some of you responded that the weekend would work.
So, can most of you make it on Saturday, March 29 at 4 p.m.???? I figure most sports events should be done by that time of day and I'd plan to be done before dinner time, say by 6 or so.
Sooooo, can most of you make it on that day?
Muriel, so sorry that the notices went out to the papers but I think there is plenty of time to get a correction in before anything goes to print.
Sorry if this is any inconvenience to you all.
Barbara Leary

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#15 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Mar 12 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
Hmmm...nearest neighborhood to the Lite Rail station.....call me kooky!

You're kooky. These guys are driving up to homes and loading up their vehicles. Unless light rail is towing vehicles now, you're kooky.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users