30 replies to this topic

#31 tallady

tallady

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

Okay here is a nasty rat story that happened to me in my house in Broadstone about 5 years ago while there was construction going on around my neighborhood. Around the holidays I kept hearing the pitter patter of some creature running across my crawl space of my home. I left for the holidays before the rat patrol made it out there. When I came home my living room ceiling was wet where my heater is installed. The rat was thirsty and bit through the plastic condensation tube, which leaked water on my ceiling - nice, huh? When rat patrol showed up the next day he bravely went up there to find tunnels and dog food! Yup, the rat family were taking dog food from my neighbors house behind me and crawling through a quarter size air hole in my eaves with the dog food. The rat had enough for the winter! Rat Boy told me a rat the size of a cat can squeeze its body through a very small hole very easily. It made me sick eek.gif He put some bars of goodies for the rat that would make it thirsty so it would hunt for water (I replaced the condensation tube with a metal one). The rat disappeared and probably ended up dead looking for water, but for days I would see dog food on my driveway...ewwww ohmy.gif I highly recommend if you have dog food out or neighbors who keep pet food out to have them remove it or you too could be living with the nasty rats weirdsmiley.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users