235 replies to this topic

#31 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

Dr. Phil would say it's a "Bait & Switch" your trying to pull....

If it IS a kid....you can borrow a few of mine, that'll change your mind wink.gif

#32 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

We've got a 'thing' coming in a few months. It's female, the perfect compliment to your boy. for the right price, she's yours. If you need extras, I can get those too, but I'll need some time for that request.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#33 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ Dec 17 2007, 11:16 AM) View Post
Heh -

ps: I'm glad Chris doesn't know about this deeply private discussion going on here about him. Boy, how awkward would that be?

Well if this is a material thing and not a child just get it he will get over it...

If this is a thing or kid as you seem to call your child in most posts-- then this probably is not a great place to discuss your personal decisons with your husband. This forum is fun and very interesting to see how people hide behind keyboards to express themselves (myself included) but my husband would just come unglued if our personal (very intimate for most people) decisions were being aired on this forum and if there was any hope of changing his mind about such a serious decision he would have every right to be upset that his life (our life ) has been broadcasted on the Folsom Forum.... and I personally would refer to my child or the thought of another child as what it is "child" not an object or subject to be taken lightly.

Age gap mine are 6 years apart and it has been great the gap has paid off in many different areas while they aren't in school together the older one really does look out for the younger one and really has been a blessing with homework when I am too busy he just sits down and gets it done with big bro. The little one loves his big brother looks up to him and the older one is always setting such a good example. Don't get me wrong they do have their moments but for the most part the age gap has been great.

And most importantly they are both avid dirt bikers and so when hubby can't make it out there to ride the older one now can take his brother out and I feel confident that they are good so I can take a seat in my chair and read while they ride

#34 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Dec 17 2007, 12:02 PM) View Post
Well if this is a material thing and not a child just get it he will get over it...

If this is a thing or kid as you seem to call your child in most posts-- then this probably is not a great place to discuss your personal decisons with your husband.

Are you kidding? They discuss ALL of their decisions here!

...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#35 StephanieW

StephanieW

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:I like working out daily, i enjoy my work, everyone go to winco! i love spending time with my family going to the lake and camping... shopping is fun.

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

If this is a thing or kid as you seem to call your child in most posts-- then this probably is not a great place to discuss your personal decisons with your husband. This forum is fun and very interesting to see how people hide behind keyboards to express themselves (myself included) but my husband would just come unglued if our personal (very intimate for most people) decisions were being aired on this forum and if there was any hope of changing his mind about such a serious decision he would have every right to be upset that his life (our life ) has been broadcasted on the Folsom Forum.... and I personally would refer to my child or the thought of another child as what it is "child" not an object or subject to be taken lightly.

Age gap mine are 6 years apart and it has been great the gap has paid off in many different areas while they aren't in school together the older one really does look out for the younger one and really has been a blessing with homework when I am too busy he just sits down and gets it done with big bro. The little one loves his big brother looks up to him and the older one is always setting such a good example. Don't get me wrong they do have their moments but for the most part the age gap has been great.

And most importantly they are both avid dirt bikers and so when hubby can't make it out there to ride the older one now can take his brother out and I feel confident that they are good so I can take a seat in my chair and read while they ride

I always thought a big gap would be hard... but i never really thought of the points you mentioned lol! i was 11 yrs older then my sis and 13 yrs older then my brother.. i hated it when i was a teen.. now its nice.. and they are very close with my kids too.

my kids are almost exactly 2 yrs apart... their b days are 5 days apart.. with WAS nice when they were little and i could throw their parties together.. but now it isnt so nice lol. i wouldent even think of having another baby now... its nice having free time.. and they can pretty much fend for themselvs.. not like i make them or anything! angel.gif

#36 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(StephanieW @ Dec 17 2007, 12:24 PM) View Post
I always thought a big gap would be hard... but i never really thought of the points you mentioned lol! i was 11 yrs older then my sis and 13 yrs older then my brother.. i hated it when i was a teen.. now its nice.. and they are very close with my kids too.

my kids are almost exactly 2 yrs apart... their b days are 5 days apart.. with WAS nice when they were little and i could throw their parties together.. but now it isnt so nice lol. i wouldent even think of having another baby now... its nice having free time.. and they can pretty much fend for themselvs.. not like i make them or anything! angel.gif

Exactlly they can now fend for themselves and I know I am truly done having kids I can't imagine doing it again two is perfect for me and I have now finally started to focus back on myself while I am really involved with both they do take care of themselves for the most part I do my normal chores but as they have gotten older and I have taught them various household chores it's real nice ----they will make real good husbands some day... hee hee...

#37 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:35 PM

See, the thing about this "thing" is. I don't want it, I did, about 4-8 years ago, but she didn't then. So I had to deal with the fact that we, at that time, both agreed that from this point on a new "thing" would never happen. Of course 4-8 years ago this "thing" would have complemented a "thing" we already have posession of quite well. I am going to be very honest, and some of this might be hard to understand. I generally do not like these "things" at all. I am very fortunate that the "thing" I have is perfect in my eyes. No matter what Andrea says a new "thing" will not be un-afordable, but I am not willing in any way shape or form to lose the financial freedom we have now. I do not have it in me for a new "thing". I am to selfish at this point for a new "thing". I can admit all of these faults. I am having a very good time with the "thing" we have now. Getting another "thing" will take away from the first "thing". I don't know if she knows this, but at times, I feel guilty for getting the first "thing" in this world. I would never subject a second "thing" to this world. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#38 StephanieW

StephanieW

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:I like working out daily, i enjoy my work, everyone go to winco! i love spending time with my family going to the lake and camping... shopping is fun.

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Dec 17 2007, 12:32 PM) View Post
Exactlly they can now fend for themselves and I know I am truly done having kids I can't imagine doing it again two is perfect for me and I have now finally started to focus back on myself while I am really involved with both they do take care of themselves for the most part I do my normal chores but as they have gotten older and I have taught them various household chores it's real nice ----they will make real good husbands some day... hee hee...

all my friends are having babies.. if i get baby fever then i borrow one of their kids... and it quickley goes away once i get pooped on or spit up'ed on hehe!

#39 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Dec 17 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post
See, the thing about this "thing" is. I don't want it, I did, about 4-8 years ago, but she didn't then. So I had to deal with the fact that we, at that time, both agreed that from this point on a new "thing" would never happen. Of course 4-8 years ago this "thing" would have complemented a "thing" we already have posession of quite well. I am going to be very honest, and some of this might be hard to understand. I generally do not like these "things" at all. I am very fortunate that the "thing" I have is perfect in my eyes. No matter what Andrea says a new "thing" will not be un-afordable, but I am not willing in any way shape or form to lose the financial freedom we have now. I do not have it in me for a new "thing". I am to selfish at this point for a new "thing". I can admit all of these faults. I am having a very good time with the "thing" we have now. Getting another "thing" will take away from the first "thing". I don't know if she knows this, but at times, I feel guilty for getting the first "thing" in this world. I would never subject a second "thing" to this world. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I guess you could say "case closed."

#40 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(StephanieW @ Dec 17 2007, 12:40 PM) View Post
all my friends are having babies.. if i get baby fever then i borrow one of their kids... and it quickley goes away once i get pooped on or spit up'ed on hehe!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif --same for me my sister in law (30yrs old) just had her 4th and I can get my fill anytime. I love to have him for a few hours but so happy to give him back..

I agree with Mr. V---as they are getting older the financial freedom is getting easier, my boys are set for future college dreams if they so choose, they have all the things they want and need both by earning and Santa is usually real good... and most importantly I want to retire some day and own my house and not have to be worried on how I will survive in my silver years. Gosh the cost of daycare, and all the other crap you need these days for kids is so much more than it was 10 years ago when I had my last one... I would have to get two jobs and I do pretty good financially with the one job I have.... So yeah two is good and to be honest I was really not planning the 2nd one I was real good with one and well accidents happen and he came along I wouldn't change it I love him and glad he came but I really new after him I was done both physically (hard pregnancy) and mentally so I had precautions done internally so that we didn't have another... And it's great I can practice all I want with no worries that I will get pregnant again ...

#41 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

this probably is not a great place to discuss your personal decisons with your husband.

+1, some things shouldn't be aired out, especially on a forum as fraught with trolls and stalkers and sock puppets as this one.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#42 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Dec 17 2007, 12:48 PM) View Post
I guess you could say "case closed."

I'm totally open to disscusion on this topic. Thats just the way I feel. I could never say for certain that 10 years from now I might not change my mind. I am generally a very strong person but I can't help but feel bad for not being able to provide and help Andrea with this.

#43 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(StephanieW @ Dec 17 2007, 12:40 PM) View Post

I agree...ALL my friends have kids or are pregnant...It has really made me want a child however I am thinking...it ill happen when it's going to happen...Plus you can't really go backpacking in Europe like I am going to with one of those "things" attached to your back!!! Sigh* I think I am gonna be the oldest mom ever!!!!

#44 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Dec 17 2007, 12:55 PM) View Post
+1, some things shouldn't be aired out, especially on a forum as fraught with trolls and stalkers and sock puppets as this one.

You guys all know, that this sort of stuff is how we handle things like this. We have always seeked advice from others before doing things. I think we are both ok, with this discussion, it could help both of us.

#45 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(doj_gal @ Dec 17 2007, 12:56 PM) View Post
I agree...ALL my friends have kids or are pregnant...It has really made me want a child however I am thinking...it ill happen when it's going to happen...Plus you can't really go backpacking in Europe like I am going to with one of those "things" attached to your back!!! Sigh* I think I am gonna be the oldest mom ever!!!!

Another one of my points!!!!
The first "thing" came when we were young. We never got to do any exploring. I literally went from high school to "thing". Our current "thing" is almost 9. This thing will need less care in less than 10 years. Then Andrea and I can do whatever we want whenever we want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users