Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

Antartic ice is melting three times as fast.       :who-me:

Antarctica Is Melting Three Times Faster Than a Decade Ago  :warning:

http://nymag.com/dai...decade-ago.html

the subsequent rise in sea levels could wreak havoc on coastal communities over the next several decades. From 2012 to 2017, the melting Antarctic ice sheet has dumped 241 billion tons of water into the ocean, the study says. That’s up from 84 billion tons ten years ago, and 54 billion tons ten years before that.

In the 25 years between 1992 and 2017, the ice sheet lost around 3 trillion tons of ice, with 40 percent of that loss coming in the last five years alone.

Not too worried, 'cause the melting ice will finally reveal the  :fineprint:

hidden alien base there, which is an even bigger cover-up than                :eek:

illegitimacy of the Trump regime by the secret government.          :lmaosmiley:

Considering there is approximately 1.25 quintillion tons of ocean water, and the antarctic has nearly 26.5 million cubic kilometers of ice (and each billion tons of melt is equal to 1 cubic kilometer), I think we're safe for the next few millinea.  I also don't think the article differentiates between sea ice melt, and kilometers thick land based ice.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#18 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

the subsequent rise in sea levels could wreak havoc on coastal communities over the next several decades. 

Oh, making predictions again, eh?  Kind of like all these actual (and erroneous) predictions, below?  Yeah, me thinks you people need to zip it.  Your lies and scare tactics aren't working.  You fraudsters keep striking out because the science and the evidence is NOT on your side. :lol:

climate-change.png

#19 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

You fools may not see the results but your children and grandchildren most likely will.  We are screwing the planet and the end result will be serious.

#20 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Yes, oceans will likely continue to rise. Yawn. They have been doing so for thousands of years. Every read about anciet ports not underwater, or the silting in of harbors? There is no constant on the Earth.  Continents move, erosion occurs, temperature rises and falls. Meh. As soon as you can offer evidence that CO2 is a driver of the entire climate, I'll listen. Trouble is, you can't.  It is a THEORY that based on scientific method fails spectacularly.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#21 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

Yes, oceans will likely continue to rise. Yawn. They have been doing so for thousands of years. Every read about anciet ports not underwater, or the silting in of harbors? There is no constant on the Earth.  Continents move, erosion occurs, temperature rises and falls. Meh. As soon as you can offer evidence that CO2 is a driver of the entire climate, I'll listen. Trouble is, you can't.  It is a THEORY that based on scientific method fails spectacularly.

Yes, things change all the time.  However, this time it's different.  things are changing much more rapidly.  Historically, climates would most often make significant changes over many 10,000's of years.  Now the climate is changing significantly over just a couple hundred years.  Why?  The difference now is that humans are in the mix.  

The change in CO2 concentration is probably not completely driving the climate, but it's certainly a component.  Attributing all problems to CO2 change may be irrational, but it's just as irrational to completely discount the effects of CO2 change.  If nothing else, it's an indicator of what's going on - the canary in the coal mine.  And to deny that human activity has impacted CO2 concentrations is folly at best.

And your comment that it's all just "theory" rings hollow.   If being classified a "theory" means that you deny it categorically, you should also deny gravity.  It's still a theory.    

#22 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

Gravity is a theory? Good Lord, what a maroon. Do you just like to argue? If you believe the crap you spew, then you're an embarrassment to the city of Folsom. Go away. In fact, go to New Zealand where violent crime is spiking. :lol:

#23 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Hey Aces, I save a lot of time not reading his dribble.  Block me, then I block you, simple.  Have a nice day Who_dem......   Still can't see your posts for some reason...   Gotta check those settings....?  Well, maybe next week, if I get around to it......  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#24 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Gravity is a theory that testing by scientific method has confirmed. Man made co2 driving climate hasnot.  More rapid change? Prove it. Plenty of evidence that climate has changed just as rapidly if not moreso in the past.  Even if it was an unusual blip geologically, there is still no proof that man (co2) has anything whatsoever to do with it.

#25 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Yeah Chris, he's a blogger stuck somewhere between ignorant and dumb. But I do like the fact that I can blast him and his nonsense and he can't respond. He reads what we post, make no mistake about that, but he boxed himself in.. so he CAN'T respond, or he'd look lame.. similar to LittleVinnie. I wish they would respond so we could administer the official final death blow for the coroner's report! :lol:

#26 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Gravity = Theory, AGW = Hypothesis at best...!  Dream on snowflakes.  

globaltemperatures-chart-larger-1024x605

1A - 2A = -1A

#27 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

Gravity is a theory that testing by scientific method has confirmed. Man made co2 driving climate hasnot.  More rapid change? Prove it. Plenty of evidence that climate has changed just as rapidly if not moreso in the past.  Even if it was an unusual blip geologically, there is still no proof that man (co2) has anything whatsoever to do with it.

Just for reference, CO2 concentration has increased from 300 ppm to >400 ppm in the last 70 years.  You claim this has happened many times before.  Do you have the data that shows exactly this in prior years?  Would you mind sharing it?

And if you don't think human activity is causing it, then what IS causing it?

#28 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

Fires all across California,

Even Sweden is burning like never before.

Lake Tahoe at record temperatures.

Global warming is real.    :beehive:

What I don't understand is why so many voters take their marching orders from

the Koch brothers, the poster children for fossil fuels and their contribution to    :noyoudint:

climate change and air pollution.

Why do people vote that way?
Guess maybe they are just Koch-Suckers!  :haha:

Lake Tahoe's warming temperatures are alarming researchers

https://www.kcra.com...rchers/22567951

A study released Thursday shows that the lake's temperature has risen about 6 degrees from the previous year.

The clarity of the lake has also diminished by rising temperatures.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Global Warming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users