32 replies to this topic

#31 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

With the cats, I'm sure it's a matter of degree.  Too many cats could be a nuisance. 

I also think indoor/outdoor cats might be better than totally outdoor cats.  My cat goes out for a stroll every morning, but when he comes in, he heads straight to the litter box!  I guess he prefers the bathroom that comes with maid service.  :-) 

Our two indoor cats use the litter box, and we let them outside for "field trips" in our own yard. 

#32 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm sorry for your upset, but I tend to agree with the minority in that I would have had a hard time coming to your door with the barking dog issue.  We had the same issue with barking dogs behind us.  This went on for years and years and years.  We would stop by there and mention it to the owners, with no relief.  We finally went to Animal Control who sent letters, again with no relief.  We then met with Animal Control and  had them listen to the incessant barking that we endured 24 hours a day.  The dogs' owner came over to our house and read us the riot act about "that's what dogs do" and we just needed to deal with it.  Owner was a bully and threw some names of city leaders around, along with the fact that his 5 or 6 dogs were "grandfathered" in under the previous limit (which was bull****).  At any rate, the problem was largely mitigated when this dog owner's new neighbor's dogs started riling up his dogs and those two owners got into a major beef to where the original owner with whom we had issues started keeping his dogs indoors. 

And let me add this for clarification.  This owner has a fairly small yard for 6 to large dogs which we saw him walk maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 15 years outside of their yard!  I continue to believe that a continuously barking dog is in need of something that the owner is not providing.

#33 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

And let me add this for clarification.  This owner has a fairly small yard for 6 to large dogs which we saw him walk maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 15 years outside of their yard!  I continue to believe that a continuously barking dog is in need of something that the owner is not providing.

Our blended family has a total of 5 kids ranging from 20 to 3 years old, so I know what a challenge parenting and animal ownership can be. Taking dogs to dog parks 3 times a week for an hour to let them get worn out can do wonders for their restlessness and help with barking issues. Is there someone who could help you take the dogs to the dog park? 

Dawn Grove

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dogs, barking, neighbors, animal control, noise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users