36 replies to this topic

#31 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

Make all the laws you want. But some people will always be a-holes. And yes, I think people that let their dogs bark continuously qualify for that title.

#32 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

Threatening to shoot people is also against the law. You should probably save it for a real problem, like the burglars who are coming to your house because they are avoiding the house with the barking dog.

Where in the world did I say anything about threatening to shoot the neighbor?

#33 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

Make all the laws you want. But some people will always be a-holes. And yes, I think people that let their dogs bark continuously qualify for that title.

I have to agree. It sucks that some people are so completely oblivious and have no respect for others.

i.e. awwww isn't it cute when poochie barks, he's having so much fun, who cares if it's 2am?...

#34 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

I would like to see the current Folsom ordinance regarding barking dogs enforced! We have called animal control at least 15 times over the last 3 years regarding one particular neighbor who has over the number of allowed dogs and they bark approximately 12 hours out of 24 for no obvious reason. The owner is pretty much a bully who claims to love his animals but we have seen him walk these dogs only one time in the 10+ years they've lived there. I mentioned to him that his dogs may be unhappy, and he says that's just what dogs do.

Unfortunately, although animal control give them notices regarding the barking (we think they do anyway), our next avenue through the City is to document the dates, times and duration of the barking and the identity of the specific dog making the noise. Difficult to see which dog through the plantings surrounding their yard. Then, once we gather than information, we make essentially a citizen's arrest. Yeah, right. That will sure improve neighbor relations!

If anyone else has a suggestion, let me know. By the way, we don't blame the dogs, just their irresponsible owners.

#35 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I would like to see the current Folsom ordinance regarding barking dogs enforced! We have called animal control at least 15 times over the last 3 years regarding one particular neighbor who has over the number of allowed dogs and they bark approximately 12 hours out of 24 for no obvious reason. The owner is pretty much a bully who claims to love his animals but we have seen him walk these dogs only one time in the 10+ years they've lived there. I mentioned to him that his dogs may be unhappy, and he says that's just what dogs do.

Unfortunately, although animal control give them notices regarding the barking (we think they do anyway), our next avenue through the City is to document the dates, times and duration of the barking and the identity of the specific dog making the noise. Difficult to see which dog through the plantings surrounding their yard. Then, once we gather than information, we make essentially a citizen's arrest. Yeah, right. That will sure improve neighbor relations!

If anyone else has a suggestion, let me know. By the way, we don't blame the dogs, just their irresponsible owners.

If you toss some rolled up news papers and styrofoam over the fence to give the dogs something to do other then barking, Then suggest to their owners that bark collars are a great alternative to picking up shredded news papers and styrofoam, It might get their attention. It worked for me.

#36 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

If you toss some rolled up news papers and styrofoam over the fence to give the dogs something to do other then barking, Then suggest to their owners that bark collars are a great alternative to picking up shredded news papers and styrofoam, It might get their attention. It worked for me.

Suggested bark collars to the owner and he said he wasn't going to spend money on that. I'm hesitant to throw anything over for the dogs to play with since that may be misunderstood and escalate the problem with the owner claiming we're trying to hurt the animals (something we would NEVER do). I'd also like to point out that the only interaction we see/hear between owner and dogs is when they finally get on HIS nerves and he yells for them to stop. This is extremely rare though, maybe once a month he yells out to them. Since owners seems to have been unemployed for quite some time we're hoping they'll move soon. We'll see.

#37 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

Suggested bark collars to the owner and he said he wasn't going to spend money on that. I'm hesitant to throw anything over for the dogs to play with since that may be misunderstood and escalate the problem with the owner claiming we're trying to hurt the animals (something we would NEVER do). I'd also like to point out that the only interaction we see/hear between owner and dogs is when they finally get on HIS nerves and he yells for them to stop. This is extremely rare though, maybe once a month he yells out to them. Since owners seems to have been unemployed for quite some time we're hoping they'll move soon. We'll see.

Unfortunatly it sounds like your neighbors could careless about your concerns or their dogs. You have to use your own judgement on how to address this. In my case they are not bad neighbors, Just inconsiderate and needed a wakeup call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users