26 replies to this topic

#1 zoltar

zoltar

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

Hi, for anyone that cares.

If you would like the students to stop parking in Prairie Oaks, tomorrow is the night the traffic safety committee is going to meet.

They will decide if something is put before the City Council for a desision.

So if you have a opinion or just want to let things continue as they are please show up either way and let your little voice heard.

Or it will be another 12 years before it's acted on again.

Folsom High School (Priaire Oaks)/(Iron Point)
Library
6:00PM

#2 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(zoltar @ Jul 23 2008, 11:31 AM) View Post
Or it will be another 12 years before it's acted on again.

Was this an exaggeration? Or will it really be another 12 years? Why?
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#3 zoltar

zoltar

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Jul 23 2008, 11:40 AM) View Post
Was this an exaggeration? Or will it really be another 12 years? Why?

Greetings all FO HI parking concerned citizens.

The Traffic Safety comm. has recommended that a 2 hour parking limit be issued in the Nichols circle, gardner ct, part of Fratis, and stewart, and augustini areas effected by the students. This might take effect a few weeks after school starts.

Also a suggestion was made for a fire lane on Gardner Ct.
Continued communication with the new High School administrors, with a reconfiguration of their own parkign places. Suggestion was a senior parking lot place near Victory Lake.

Communication was very free casual with the committee members.

Aug 13th the fun starts aga

#4 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

This seems relevant
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#5 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(zoltar @ Jul 25 2008, 08:57 AM) View Post
Greetings all FO HI parking concerned citizens.

The Traffic Safety comm. has recommended that a 2 hour parking limit be issued in the Nichols circle, gardner ct, part of Fratis, and stewart, and augustini areas effected by the students. This might take effect a few weeks after school starts.

Also a suggestion was made for a fire lane on Gardner Ct.
Continued communication with the new High School administrors, with a reconfiguration of their own parkign places. Suggestion was a senior parking lot place near Victory Lake.

Communication was very free casual with the committee members.

Aug 13th the fun starts aga

I thought that lot was for staff. Where would all of the teachers park? unsure.gif

#6 zoltar

zoltar

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(pet lover @ Jul 25 2008, 12:14 PM) View Post
I thought that lot was for staff. Where would all of the teachers park? unsure.gif

That lot is mostly for visitors it should be just a senior lot and more any visitors or teachors to tha main area. Flow would be extremly better. Also someone needs to try and solve the problem.

#7 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

I still find it offensive that you are attempting to deny a citizens right to park on public streets. Students need a place to park and if the HS cannot provide parking , any surrounding public street should be allowable...

Especially now that the HS will have any buses...

I see no harm to residents there or anywhere if they are parking on the street...

Littering and hanging out are another story and can be dealt with separately ...based on current Laws in the city ...

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#8 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Jul 25 2008, 02:21 PM) View Post
I still find it offensive that you are attempting to deny a citizens right to park on public streets. Students need a place to park and if the HS cannot provide parking , any surrounding public street should be allowable...

I see no harm to residents there or anywhere if they are parking on the street...

Littering and hanging out are another story and can be dealt with separately ...based on current Laws in the city ...

Cheers
F500

You obviously don't live over there, otherwise I bet you'd be singing a different tune.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#9 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Jul 25 2008, 02:25 PM) View Post
You obviously don't live over there, otherwise I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

I do not think so - I have lived previously near a HS where they parked on the street and as long as they parked correctly it was no problem -- Nor do I see any problem with them parking in Prairie Oaks...

Like I said if it is the litter and the hanging out - we have existing laws that could be enforced about that --- Otherwise - it is just folks saying NIMFY --

Push the school to deal with the parking issue as many others have-- in a productive way to facilitate the needs of students...

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#10 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Jul 25 2008, 02:21 PM) View Post

Cheers
F500

It's not simply "just parking". It's the littering, loitering, smoking, pot smoking that goes with it... looks like the signs will go up to right about in front of our house.

PS - there's plenty of parking on school grounds. They just choose not to park there. Probably because they don't want to get busted!

#11 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Jul 25 2008, 02:30 PM) View Post
I do not think so - I have lived previously near a HS where they parked on the street and as long as they parked correctly it was no problem -- Nor do I see any problem with them parking in Prairie Oaks...

Like I said if it is the litter and the hanging out - we have existing laws that could be enforced about that --- Otherwise - it is just folks saying NIMFY --

Push the school to deal with the parking issue as many others have-- in a productive way to facilitate the needs of students...

Cheers
F500

Driving a car to high school is not a right. And they aren't denying citizens the right to park. Do you complain everywhere there's a 2-hour limit? It's fairly common. It's not 24/7, it's during school hours on school days.

Bottom line, parking and traffic caused by students is a problem. The tax paying residents of this community, IMO, have a much louder voice than a 17-year old who parks in the surrounding neighborhoods instead of designated on-campus parking.

#12 (#1 lake bowl drunk)

(#1 lake bowl drunk)
  • Visitors

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

well then where are the pot smokin students supposed to park then? everyone is so selfish! you ever think about mary jane and her needs and disgusts with u people?

#13 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

The heading is misleading. This isn't a FHS issue, it's a neighborhood issue, and some select people who live in this community are choosing to park on a street instead of in the provided parking lot.

QUOTE(zoltar @ Jul 25 2008, 02:11 PM) View Post
That lot is mostly for visitors it should be just a senior lot and more any visitors or teachors to tha main area. Flow would be extremly better. Also someone needs to try and solve the problem.

No, it's a staff lot with some visitor parking. This change isn't going to happen because there would be no place for staff to park. And why seniors need their own lot is beyond me. There is plenty of parking in the student lot, and no special dispensation needs to be given to seniors who are too late or too lazy to walk the distance from the student lot to the school grounds.

There are a lot more seniors than staff, and if each of them drives solo that upper lot wouldn't hold them anyway.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#14 zoltar

zoltar

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the positive feed back, it's motivating. After 10 years something thing might be done in this neighboorhood concisdering the 100's of thousands of dollars the tax payers have put up with this degenerating problem.

#15 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Jul 25 2008, 04:42 PM) View Post
No, it's a staff lot with some visitor parking. This change isn't going to happen because there would be no place for staff to park. And why seniors need their own lot is beyond me. There is plenty of parking in the student lot, and no special dispensation needs to be given to seniors who are too late or too lazy to walk the distance from the student lot to the school grounds.

Um... they could park where the students park? There should be no reason that lot has unused spaces. No reason. If there is space somewhere on campus to create more parking that is easy to get to, then do it.

Another issue is the left-turn lane going in to Folsom HS from prairie City. It's just plain too small. I know they are going to make the LT lane longer in January but they better put a LOT of room in there and work on the timing of the lights at 7:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users