15 replies to this topic

#1 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

Neighbors and I both clearly heard more than a few gunshots up near prison about 15 min ago. Anyone know anything?

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#2 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

@RosevilleScan: Folsom PD working a reported robbery at gunpoint near Cimmaron Circle and Saddle Ct.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:24 AM

http://spotcrime.com/ca/folsom

It looks like there is a trend of increasing crime in Folsom.

Maybe we need to spend more resources finding out why Folsom cops are so inundated with crime right now. 

Is it lack of manpower, resources, drive, organization, leadership, funding?

Friggin helicopter over our house yesterday on speakers saying something unintelligible about a suspect. 

Doesnt need to be happening. Especially when they cant be understood anyway. I have no idea if it was related to this, 

but sure was annoying.

#4 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

That is horrible. Was someone actually shot?

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

i doubt it. It would be on the news if someone was shot in Folsom.

#6 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

http://spotcrime.com/ca/folsom

It looks like there is a trend of increasing crime in Folsom.

Maybe we need to spend more resources finding out why Folsom cops are so inundated with crime right now. 

Is it lack of manpower, resources, drive, organization, leadership, funding?

Friggin helicopter over our house yesterday on speakers saying something unintelligible about a suspect. 

Doesnt need to be happening. Especially when they cant be understood anyway. I have no idea if it was related to this, 

but sure was annoying.

A lot of the current increase in crime has to do has to do with the A.B.-109 prison realignment mess and other public policy failures over the last decade. Under realignment and a few bad court decisions  thousands of inmates have been released from prison early and CDCR was forced to artificially lower it's population by sending thousands of more inmates back to the county jails to serve their terms. This has led to the county jails being overcrowded, Which leads to new arresties being released without serving time due to the overcrowding. The increase in crime is just a predictable consequence of all this. 

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

so you don't think there is a shortage of police vs calls vs actual patrolling/investigative/preventative issue?

#8 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

so you don't think there is a shortage of police vs calls vs actual patrolling/investigative/preventative issue?

"so you don't think there is a shortage of police vs calls vs actual patrolling/investigative/preventative issue?"

I never said any of that, I was commenting on the root cause of crime increasing recently, Which is happening across the state, Not just in Folsom, Which despite any increases in crime is still a safe community to live in. 

#9 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

From the police log (nothing about gunshots though):

http://www.folsom.ca...px?BlobID=22115

October 10, 2014
10:55PM

Assault

200 Block Cimmaron Circle
Beat 2

"Report of disturbance at location. Two subjects injured. report taken."

#10 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

Public safety has been cut steadily for a while now.  Same level of police and fire as 25 years ago.  The only thing that has changed is the size of Folsom and the population which has almost tripled since then.  At least the city council knows how to develop south of 50 and steal our water.  Well played council....well played. 

#11 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

I wonder if it is possible the gun fire was from the prison gun range?

#12 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

at 11 pm?  no.  they do their practice around 8 am to 9 am.

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#13 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

I am sure they do night fire there, as well.

#14 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Then wouldn't this get reported all the time then????

#15 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

As most of you on here know, I have always been extremely supportive of Folsom PD.  HOWEVER, after a recent need for their services, I have come to doubt some of their abilities.  And let me say, I know several police staff - uniformed and non - over the years and found them to be very helpful and committed to preserving a safe Folsom.  

That being said, without giving away too much information, we had an incident reported to Folsom PD months ago regarding a break-in and burglary at our home.  Nothing but cash and credit cards stolen, and when officers responded, we were able to quickly provide them with computer printouts of the various charges made to our credit cards by the suspects.  All of them were at multiple gas stations in Folsom and neighboring communities.  Officers were very professional and complete in their investigation (we thought).  Several days later, the "detective" called and asked us to provide the computer printouts of our credit cards again, because "they seemed to have been misplaced".  Okay, that can happen.  I provided them copies again of the printouts.  Several hours later, detective called me back and said that one of the charges on our card at one of the Chevron stations couldn't be verified at that station, and were we sure it was at that station.  I told the Detective that there are several Chevron stations in town, and he needed to look at the station ID code on the credit card statement and see which Chevron station that code belongs to.  I happened to be sitting at my computer so I put in the station ID and gave him the address of that particular Chevron.  He thanked me and asked me how I did that!  (OMG, really???).  A few days later, he called me back and said the suspect(s) used a pumps at the stations in Folsom that they knew did not have a camera pointed at it.  Okay, understandable.  So, case closed.  Fortunately, our bank was on top of things and we had absolutely no problem getting that straightened out.  

There's another part of this story that makes it a lot more interesting relative to these suspect(s) trying and failing (famously I might add) at another burglary that same evening.  Unfortunately, I can't disclose that part of the story without making the incident identifiable.  Let's just say that Folsom PD seemed more interested in finding someone to arrest (regardless of his/her part in this) rather than pursuing the burglary suspects.  I'm sorry this is so vague.  But I've lost some faith in Folsom PD.  I'm more disappointed than upset about this.  

It makes me wonder about Folsom PD's "solve rate". 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users