38 replies to this topic

#31 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

Sorry but you're way off. The old Detroit iron may seem a safer bet but it's not even close. Today's cars are years ahead on safety both inside and out.

That was the point I (poorly) was trying to make. The car crumples to make it safer for the people inside the car.

#32 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

It sure is. That is horrifying. I'm not even sure how that would happen--makes me wonder if there was a mechanical issue with the car.

"makes me wonder if there was a mechanical issue with the car."

What i noticed is that the car is a Mitsubishi Evo. Which are turbocharged 300 hp versions of the factory rally race cars, The kind of cars an inexperienced driver can easily get in trouble in, Young drivers shouldn't be turned loose in these. I don't know if this is the case here however i hope the driver survives this. 

#33 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

From the Folsom police log (again, scanty on details):

10/16/2014
11:45AM

Traffic Accident

900 Block Glenn Drive
Beat 2

Solo vehicle accident. Driver transported to hospital.

#34 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

I wonder if we will ever get an update. It wasn't in the paper this morning. If anyone hears anything, let us know.

What an incredible story about a doctor doing surgery at the scene. My husband tells a story of being at a hockey game where one player's skate sliced some other player's jugular. A doctor in the audience ran out onto the ice and somehow repaired (?) the artery to save the player's life.

#35 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

yes, we've all seen movies where someone has a crushing or penetrating wound where they can't be moved or removed until something is there immediately to prevent them from bleeding out.  they could have had a steering column in the chest, who knows.  yuck!

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#36 Steph_Pepper0527

Steph_Pepper0527

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

This is my mothers customers son, the guy that was in this car accident. He is in a coma and is recovering! No one can understand why he is still alive. Please keep him, his wife, and 2 children in your prayers!!!

#37 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the update.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#38 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

This is my mothers customers son, the guy that was in this car accident. He is in a coma and is recovering! No one can understand why he is still alive. Please keep him, his wife, and 2 children in your prayers!!!

So was it an accident or a drag race?

#39 sunnyCA

sunnyCA

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

So was it an accident or a drag race?

She said he was in a coma...I highly doubt that he is talking about what happened.

Prayers for the driver--I hope he recovers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users