3 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hi I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for using brown rice to make spanish rice? suggestions?

#2 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

We make this at the station all of the time. While steaming the rice, put diced tomatoes with jalapenos in the mix once the water has almost cooked off. At the end, throw some black beans in the mix. Finish off with greet el pato sauce. Viola.

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

We make this at the station all of the time. While steaming the rice, put diced tomatoes with jalapenos in the mix once the water has almost cooked off. At the end, throw some black beans in the mix. Finish off with greet el pato sauce. Viola.

hmm I never heard of greet el pato sauce. I ended up steaming brown rice then dropping a can of embasa salsa into a frying pan with olive oil and cooking down the rice. Pretty spicey. My boy ate the entire pan before we sat down. danged kid is a vacuum. He ate 3 chicken enchiladas and a whole can of refried beans , also.

I feel sorry for his classmates at school today

#4 Adriel699

Adriel699

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

The combination of picante sauce and chicken broth makes this very tasty!I found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here...Thanks for sharing this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users