• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

Big win for the Hornets today! We'll take the $450k and the "W". Go Hornets!!!

#2 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Big win for the Hornets today! We'll take the $450k and the "W". Go Hornets!!!

Might be the biggest win in the history of Sac State football. I can't believe the Sac Bee and other local media outlets are not giving this some major attention.

#3 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Big YAY!!! for my Alma Mater

#4 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

Might be the biggest win in the history of Sac State football. I can't believe the Sac Bee and other local media outlets are not giving this some major attention.

Are you being serious? Sure it's a big win, but it's not like they were playing a ranked team.

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'd say it's the biggest in school history. We made Sportscenter Top 10, that's good for something....

If you don't like the local media coverage, write to them. One voice they ignore, but multiple they realize they are losing audience...

#6 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

Are you being serious? Sure it's a big win, but it's not like they were playing a ranked team.

Uh, go through the archives and find a bigger win if you disagree.

#7 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

Yes, it was the biggest win in Sac St history. Oregon St. was a 272-2 odds favorite. On the road, overtime ...... wow!

#8 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Uh, go through the archives and find a bigger win if you disagree.

I never disagreed it was a big win and actually commented in my post that it was. I disagree that it deserved major media attention. It wasn't like the #1 team or even top 25 coming to town.

#9 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

I never disagreed it was a big win and actually commented in my post that it was. I disagree that it deserved major media attention. It wasn't like the #1 team or even top 25 coming to town.

This was the best game I never saw. Up in Tahoe over the weekend, with a bunch of friends, and looked at my Blackberry to see what the score was. 21-6 early third qtr. Couldn't find anything on TV, nor the local Sacto tv stations, so I gave everyone a play by play from my blackberry. It was tense, exciting and riveting. It reminded me of the days gone by when we listened on the radio. I don't follow Sac State football, but we were all whooping it up after SacST. tied it in OT and just went bonkers whenSac went for 2 and won it. Biggest win in Sac State history?...absolutely. No Oregon State isn't in top 25, but they are a Pac12 school, with millions of dollars in their budget to train, teach and travel, and they sell out each home game. In this years' college football roundoup it will register just slightly in the "hey, what the heck happened on the Left Coast", but for Sacramento, this is huge and it deserved major coverage on the front page and hopefully on TV. Lets see how Oregon State does the rest of the year then we can accurately rank where this victory rates not only in Sac but nationwide.
Way to go Hornets.

#10 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sac State senior QB was recognized as national offensive player of the week in addition to player of the week for the conference. I"d say that is a big deal. :2thumbsup:

#11 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

This was the best game I never saw. Up in Tahoe over the weekend, with a bunch of friends, and looked at my Blackberry to see what the score was. 21-6 early third qtr. Couldn't find anything on TV, nor the local Sacto tv stations, so I gave everyone a play by play from my blackberry. It was tense, exciting and riveting. It reminded me of the days gone by when we listened on the radio. I don't follow Sac State football, but we were all whooping it up after SacST. tied it in OT and just went bonkers whenSac went for 2 and won it. Biggest win in Sac State history?...absolutely. No Oregon State isn't in top 25, but they are a Pac12 school, with millions of dollars in their budget to train, teach and travel, and they sell out each home game. In this years' college football roundoup it will register just slightly in the "hey, what the heck happened on the Left Coast", but for Sacramento, this is huge and it deserved major coverage on the front page and hopefully on TV. Lets see how Oregon State does the rest of the year then we can accurately rank where this victory rates not only in Sac but nationwide.
Way to go Hornets.

Next time download a phone app like I Heart Radio. I was able to listen online while in Bodega Bay! :2thumbsup: :footballhelmet:

#12 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Perhaps Oregon would have fared better had they played our local hero, Tyler Trosin.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users