• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

The exterior of Dimple looks really familar, like an updated version of what I remember of Wherehouse. It was in a little strip center down the street from the mall and it was huge, but I think one of the only places in that lot.

I loved WH as a kid, even though there were a few in town, this one was the biggest. They even had a used section, which was unusual in the early 90s. Bought several movies and albums (on tape) in those days. If it indeed became Dimple, that's cool to think it's at least still half the same as its roots. smile.gif

#2 SimplySusan

SimplySusan

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Oldschooler81 @ Jul 15 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The exterior of Dimple looks really familar, like an updated version of what I remember of Wherehouse. It was in a little strip center down the street from the mall and it was huge, but I think one of the only places in that lot.

I loved WH as a kid, even though there were a few in town, this one was the biggest. They even had a used section, which was unusual in the early 90s. Bought several movies and albums (on tape) in those days. If it indeed became Dimple, that's cool to think it's at least still half the same as its roots. smile.gif

are you talking about in the Sunrise/Birdcage area?? Dimple is now in the old Tower Records spot. I don't remember where the Wherehouse was in that area but they originally started out just selling new records. when times got tougher they started including the used stuff.

#3 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (SimplySusan @ Jul 17 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you talking about in the Sunrise/Birdcage area?? Dimple is now in the old Tower Records spot. I don't remember where the Wherehouse was in that area but they originally started out just selling new records. when times got tougher they started including the used stuff.

Thanks for the response, it's funny because I could've sworn Tower was right on Greenback, but I might be remembering it slightly wrong now. Yeah, I think they were both near Sunrise Mall. Most of the Wherehouses in the south bay went out of business in '02/03, so I presume it was the same up there too.

That's pretty cool in retrospect, I bet that was the very beginning of used merchandise. I think I got a copy of Ernest Goes to Jail on VHS for $10...and that was a deal back in the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users