• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Apparently some features of http://www.sparetheair.com have been taken offline to preserve bandwidth.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#32 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(tracknut @ Jul 9 2008, 04:04 PM) View Post
Thank you!
Thanks! ...I'm not sure what you mean by "...stop taking them" though?

Dave

Dave - I believe that Andrea meant she wished we could stop taking pictures of the fires (re: the ones in camay's post)... and wasn't talking about your dog pictures (the ones EDH Jen *is* talking about, which are awesome I might add).

We've got two sets of pictures being cross-discussed here it seems.

That's my best guess, but then again, Andrea's a cat person, so who knows? Cat people are hard to understand sometimes. Plus they tend to totally trash the upholstery (ducking) smile.gif

Hmmm... my first day on the job as the Lex Hills forum discussion leader guy isn't going so well. I meant to clear up some thread confusion, but ended up insulting cat lovers instead. Oh well.
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#33 tracknut

tracknut

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ Jul 9 2008, 05:28 PM) View Post
Hmmm... my first day on the job as the Lex Hills forum discussion leader guy isn't going so well. I meant to clear up some thread confusion, but ended up insulting cat lovers instead. Oh well.

No worries, thanks for the attempt smile.gif

Dave

#34 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ Jul 9 2008, 05:28 PM) View Post
Dave - I believe that Andrea meant she wished we could stop taking pictures of the fires (re: the ones in camay's post)... and wasn't talking about your dog pictures (the ones EDH Jen *is* talking about, which are awesome I might add).

We've got two sets of pictures being cross-discussed here it seems.

That's my best guess, but then again, Andrea's a cat person, so who knows? Cat people are hard to understand sometimes. Plus they tend to totally trash the upholstery (ducking) smile.gif

Gee, my first day as Neighborhood leader for Briggs Ranch, and to the best of my knowledge, i don't think I've alienated anyone today. Whoda thunk it!?
I would rather be Backpacking

#35 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Jul 9 2008, 05:52 PM) View Post
Gee, my first day as Neighborhood leader for Briggs Ranch, and to the best of my knowledge, i don't think I've alienated anyone today. Whoda thunk it!?

The day is still young, Bill.

Lemme know if you need help on that though.
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#36 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

NASA Images of California Wildfires

http://www.nasa.gov/...ires_oct07.html
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#37 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ Jul 9 2008, 05:56 PM) View Post
The day is still young, Bill.

Lemme know if you need help on that though.

Thanks for the offer. However I am trying to improve my supposedly high negativity rating.

I attribute the perception of me being overly negative has to do with the general rule that 10 attaboys get wiped out by one aw-sh_t. People remember the negative more than the positive.

#38 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

It's hard not to remember when you keep reminding everyone.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

#39 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Jul 9 2008, 09:28 PM) View Post
It's hard not to remember when you keep reminding everyone.

Well, reviewing some posts, I was given shame today for being Politically Incorrect, although I think they were being funny. rolleyes.gif

#40 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

Today for the first time I saw a few people in surgical masks.

#41 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Jul 10 2008, 12:34 PM) View Post
Today for the first time I saw a few people in surgical masks.

You may have seen me, and it wasn't a surgical mask. Surgical masks won't filter out the particulate matter. I found out online that the masks that do filter out particulate matter are those that are NIOSH rated and labeled N95 or P100, and they have to have two straps for a snug fit. I do think there are people out there wearing the wrong kinds of masks thinking they're doing themselves some good; but according to everything I'm hearing and reading, only certain kinds of masks are effective.

I have no prior history of espiratory problems and have been doing fairly well staying in air conditioning most of the day. Yesterday my husband rode his bicycle to work (an hour each way) and called late in the day to let me know he needed a ride home. It was so bad outside that 5 minutes into the drive to get him (in Carmichael) my lungs were burning and rattling. Even with the AC on circulate, the air took a toll on me the rest of the night. So I was at Lowe's first thing this morning buying these masks!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users