• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

• Same case
  • Same display
  • Marginally 4G data
  • Faster processor
  • better camera
  • Sprint added
  • Single model with combo antenna for all carriers
  • Cool new voice app that I probably wouldn't use.
  • iOS 5, with all the cloud stuff you've been hearing about

"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

If it looks the same as an Iphone4 how will people be able to show off that they have the new Iphone 4S???

#3 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

Note that the near-4G data rate is NOT supported by US Carriers. (see this)

Also includes Bluetooth 4.0, 1080p video recording, Airplay, and 1080p HDMI output (with adapter).

Some were hoping for a larger screen or sleeker form factor. I am OK with what it is.

#4 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

If it looks the same as an Iphone4 how will people be able to show off that they have the new Iphone 4S???

You will have to talk to it! :)

#5 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Just call someone. When it does not drop the call due to the former faulty antenna design, everyone will know!

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Just call someone. When it does not drop the call due to the former faulty antenna design, everyone will know!

Posted Image

Wanna buy my iPhone? I've never had any dropped calls.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#7 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

Consensus is that because its the 4S and not 5 that its a huge disapointment. They delayed the announcement 4 times over 7 months and u get a slightly better version of what people have had for over a year now. No 4G was the biggest problem.

#8 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

Ummmm.... 64gb version!!! That has me sold.

#9 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

Nor have I. Solid reception pretty much everywhere I go. Must be operator error or something weird like that ;)
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#10 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

Nor have I. Solid reception pretty much everywhere I go. Must be operator error or something weird like that ;)

Posted Image

Do you have a case on your phone?

#11 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

Do you have a case on your phone?

Yes, a very nice one that is clear and super thin and barely looks like it's there, it's the one that Apple sent me for free.

Didn't need it to fix reception (mine doesn't have that problem), I got it because it's protecting my $ phone, and it was free. I've dropped my iphone twice on cement and each time the only effect was a scratch on the case, not on the phone - thanks Apple!

You'd think after a year+ you'd just get a case for it already. No offense, but I honestly don't know why you continue to use any Apple equipment with all the problems you constantly complain about having with all of their gear.

#12 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yes, a very nice one that is clear and super thin and barely looks like it's there, it's the one that Apple sent me for free.

Didn't need it to fix reception (mine doesn't have that problem), I got it because it's protecting my $ phone, and it was free. I've dropped my iphone twice on cement and each time the only effect was a scratch on the case, not on the phone - thanks Apple!

You'd think after a year+ you'd just get a case for it already. No offense, but I honestly don't know why you continue to use any Apple equipment with all the problems you constantly complain about having with all of their gear.

I sold my iPhone 4 about two months after it came out due to the dropped calls every time I touched the black band on the phone. I never use a case on any phone since I never drop my phone, and I should not have to use a case to cover up a design flaw with the antenna. I HATE cell cases!

Every person I know who has the iPhone has one that exhibits these problems. Since covering the antenna band with your finger only stops outbound transmission, you would never know until the caller on the other end began asking if you were still there. If you hold your finger there long enough, the call will drop. You can easily test it by running the SpeedTest app. During the upload, touch the black band with one finger. All outbound data transfer will come to a stop, but inbound will continue for a while. I have done this on probably 6 or 7 phones and is the same issue that Consumer Reports exposed a year ago.

At least they fixed it now.

#13 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

Must be your phone. Mine doesn't have a black band on it.

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

I never use a case on any phone since I never drop my phone, and I should not have to use a case to cover up a design flaw with the antenna. I HATE cell cases!

I too once said I never drop my phone. Turns out it was a good thing I had a case on mine, unfortunately we're not all perfect.

I too hate cases, but this is barely a case, you can hardly tell it's there, for me it was not a big deal to put this on my phone, for you I guess it was a huge problem because you hate cases.

Posted Image

Every person I know who has the iPhone has one that exhibits these problems. Since covering the antenna band with your finger only stops outbound transmission, you would never know until the caller on the other end began asking if you were still there. If you hold your finger there long enough, the call will drop. You can easily test it by running the SpeedTest app. During the upload, touch the black band with one finger. All outbound data transfer will come to a stop, but inbound will continue for a while. I have done this on probably 6 or 7 phones and is the same issue that Consumer Reports exposed a year ago.

At least they fixed it now.

The fix has been out for a long time, you're still the only one complaining about it...... and you don't even have an iphone....

#15 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

The fix has been out for a long time, you're still the only one complaining about it...... and you don't even have an iphone....

Having to put a case on a phone is not a fix. It is a band-aid.

Must be your phone. Mine doesn't have a black band on it.

Look at the side near the bottom. There is one on each side where it goes from steel to a thin black piece of plastic and back to steel again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users