41 replies to this topic

#31 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

He doesn't need to respond, the iPad is better, you know it. Unless of course your last three iPads burst into flames because your house is possessed...

We were not arguing over which was better......we were arguing over the completely false "return rates" the author of the article made up and nomad backed. I proved that premise entirely wrong.

#32 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Everyone I know that has the Kindle Fire loves it. Personally, I don't think it will fit my needs, as I do plan on using a tablet for some business applications as well.

For the last 2 months, I've been researching these things, and I'm still a little torn. People that have the iPad love it, but it does cost more and you're really a slave to Apple, who nickels and dimes their customers to death. The more I look at the ASUS Transformer (and their new Transformer Prime, with the quad processor), the more I think an open-source technology like Android is for me. The eee Transformer has a better screen, better resolution, close to the same weight, a better camera, same processor, bigger screen... and I've only seen positive reviews for the Transformer.

I've also heard a lot of positive about the Samsung Galaxy, but not as much as the Transformer.

Still, I know Apple is probably coming out with their iPad3 in about a month, but will that offer anything more than the Prime? Also, Intel and their "ultrabooks"?

It looks like analysis-paralysis for this kid.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#33 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

We were not arguing over which was better......we were arguing over the completely false "return rates" the author of the article made up and nomad backed. I proved that premise entirely wrong.

Uh not really professor. You just gave your opinion of what you thought. I didn't see any data to show that reviews don't correlate to actual return rates. Can you provide something more than your opinion to actually disprove the premise?

#34 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

No you didn't, you wasted time going over all the reviews and coming up with a total to support your argument ("I'm always right"). That wasn't proof of anything, that was you CLAIMING you found some data, but you did not post any links or any real facts.

Just sayin'

I don't really care either way, I just believe more people returned Kindles then iPads because tons of people out there want a cheaper iPad, and the Kindle ain't it.... check out Samsung for that..

#35 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

Uh not really professor. You just gave your opinion of what you thought. I didn't see any data to show that reviews don't correlate to actual return rates. Can you provide something more than your opinion to actually disprove the premise?

When facts are made up out of thin air with NOTHING to back them up, there is no need to prove it wrong. That is the same as me claiming that a specific hard disk drive must have return rates of 60% because 60% of the reviews are negative. On top of that, I must be right because you have no facts showing it is wrong.

How can you not see how asinine of a comparison that is? I am stunned you would think that is a logical argument, and yet that is the same argument you are making with the Kindle Fire.

#36 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

No you didn't, you wasted time going over all the reviews and coming up with a total to support your argument ("I'm always right"). That wasn't proof of anything, that was you CLAIMING you found some data, but you did not post any links or any real facts.

Uh, I did prove that the premise of the argument is entirely wrong. You obviously skipped over that part of the thread, so here is a quick summary:

The authors premise is the number of one and two star reviews divided by the number of total reviews equals the return rate of the devices sales as a total. If it were logical to make such an argument by linking reviews to return rates, that would mean 17.5% of the Kindle Fires were returned.

I proved that premise wrong by showing that the highly rated iPad has a higher percentage of one and two star reviews (20.5%), and we all know there have not been 10,000,000 iPads returned. (20.5% of 49,000,000 sold)

I am the only one here posting real facts and figures. You should try it sometime instead of attacking others. It is really eye opening.

#37 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

I proved that premise wrong by showing that the highly rated iPad has a higher percentage of one and two star reviews (20.5%), and we all know there have not been 10,000,000 iPads returned. (20.5% of 49,000,000 sold)

I am the only one here posting real facts and figures. You should try it sometime instead of attacking others. It is really eye opening.

Speaking of eye opening, post your sources

#38 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Come on kids ;)

No name calling otherwise you're all going to get warnings.

#39 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

My gf has one, I've played with it, I generally like it. It's not perfect and it's very much a conduit for you to buy things, but it works pretty well at that. It really does lack for some Apple-patented features like the pinch zoom.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#40 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

My gf has one, I've played with it, I generally like it. It's not perfect and it's very much a conduit for you to buy things, but it works pretty well at that. It really does lack for some Apple-patented features like the pinch zoom.

Pinch zoom works fine on my Kindle Fire. I am not sure what is wrong with your gf's.

#41 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Pinch zoom works fine on my Kindle Fire. I am not sure what is wrong with your gf's.

:laughcry:

#42 Computer Repair Sacramento

Computer Repair Sacramento

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

The Kindle Fire packs some impressive benefits at the lowest price on the market for a tablet alternative. Users can purchase virtually any media content — music, movies, books — from Amazon Marketplace, which has a broad selection comparable to the iTunes store. The Amazon Appstore for Android, an established alternative to the Android Market, offers most of the popular apps, including free daily downloads.

The Fire’s main drawback is limited onboard storage — a mere 8GB, of which only 6GB is available to the user. But Amazon-purchased content can be stored for free in the Amazon Cloud.

for more information you can read here http://www.callnerds.com/sacramento/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users