5 replies to this topic

#1 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

Has anyone found a turtle (dead or alive) in the lexington hills area? It was a red eared slider. It was a water/land turtle. It seems to have escaped my neighbors pond and crawled under their gate. It was discovered missing around 1 week ago. It was too large to have been carried away by anything. It has a brown/black/yellow shell and had 2 red spots on each side of the head. Any help is appreciated.

Here is a link to a picture of what one looks like:

http://www.gotpetson...turtle-0004.jpg

Thanks

#2 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 20 2008, 10:01 AM) View Post
Has anyone found a turtle (dead or alive) in the lexington hills area? It was a red eared slider. It was a water/land turtle. It seems to have escaped my neighbors pond and crawled under their gate. It was discovered missing around 1 week ago. It was too large to have been carried away by anything. It has a brown/black/yellow shell and had 2 red spots on each side of the head. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

With a 1 week headstart that turtle could be 100's of feet away by now, good luck in your search! And if you think it's too large for an owl or other creature to carry away you are mistaken!
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#3 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 20 2008, 10:01 AM) View Post

Thanks

I used to have an Elegant Red Ear Slider as a pet when I was little. I hope it's found before it gets run over. Bummer is, if it finds his/her way to willow or humbug creeks, you may never find it, or at least never be able to catch it.
I would rather be Backpacking

#4 northlexer

northlexer

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Aug 20 2008, 10:12 AM) View Post
With a 1 week headstart that turtle could be 100's of feet away by now, good luck in your search! And if you think it's too large for an owl or other creature to carry away you are mistaken!

Ya I know. I was just putting this out incase somebody was harboring it...or saw a dead one in the street.

#5 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(northlexer @ Aug 20 2008, 01:03 PM) View Post
Ya I know. I was just putting this out incase somebody was harboring it...or saw a dead one in the street.

a few years ago, I found a turtle (not an elegant slider, maybe a box turtle or a painted turtle) in my backyard. one of my 3 dogs was chewing on the shell and her lip was bloody from the sharp edges. After rescuing the turtle, (I was amazed at how far the legs, head & tail were sucked in) I checked with neighbors up to 3 fences away and it didn't belong to anyone. The shell seemed pretty scarred, like it had been chewed on in the past so I figured it was likely wild and released it the next day into one of the ponds on humbug creek. One of My next door neighbors backyard has a storm drain that flows to the creek and it was possible for the turtle to have made it up the storm drain system into their backyard and then under 2 fences to get into my yard.
I would rather be Backpacking

#6 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hope you find the turtle, turtles are cool.

Is the turtle cam still working? (I guess I could search for the topic)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users