• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

I'm an old Star Wars geek, I remember seeing the first episode a bunch of times at the theater when I was a kid - its odd to think those were the days before home vcrs and dvds weren't even a thought yet....

Looking foward to this new episode - I've heard mixed feelings about it but regardless, its part of the story and its something that I want to see - I don't go out to the movies often but this is one I definately want to see in the theater for the full effect.

I'm sure it will be good - we'll find out soon enuf

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#17 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE(nomoser @ May 16 2005, 05:13 PM)
I am a relative SW geek ... On the one hand, I am taking my two boys out of school to see it Thursday morning (glad to see I am not the only one); and I will almost certainly see it again on a larger screen -- probably the new theaters in El Dorado Hills.  On the other hand, I am not going to dress up, and in fact don't own any SW-related costumery (is that a word?).

View Post

Yes, if you go to the movie wearing any SW costumery than it's time that you need to admit that you have a problem. It's like drinking before 9 am smile.gif

The new theater at EDH rocks! We went and saw Kicking and Screaming there on Sunday. Nice steep seating (meaning you can see over the head of the person in front of you). Also, they were giving out free sodas and popcorn as part of thier grand opening.

It's actually a quicker driver for me (Lex Hills) than the theater by the outlet malls and there's lots of parking.

"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#18 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:34 AM

Well?

Anyone see it?
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all

#19 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:38 AM

I was on my way to the theatre last night, when all of a sudden I blew a gasket on my Landspeeder. To make things worse, as I was walking to the nearest Cantina to drown my sorrows in Purple Elixer, I was flanked by a group or Tuscan Raiders. Those bast@rds took my light saber and kicked my R2 unit.

Guess I'll wait for the torrent
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#20 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(nhardy @ May 19 2005, 07:38 AM)
I was on my way to the theatre last night, when all of a sudden I blew a gasket on my Landspeeder. To make things worse, as I was walking to the nearest Cantina to drown my sorrows in Purple Elixer, I was flanked by a group or Tuscan Raiders. Those bast@rds took my light saber and kicked my R2 unit.

Guess I'll wait for the torrent

View Post

Just another day down on ol' moisture farm, in other words. It's like the bumbpersticker on my AT AT says" Bantha Boodoo Happens"

#21 nhardy

nhardy

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ May 19 2005, 06:42 AM)
Just another day down on ol' moisture farm, in other words. It's like the bumbpersticker on my AT AT says" Bantha Boodoo Happens"

View Post

Nice! Gas prices on those AT ATs are through the roof. I was thinking of trading in a couple of my Tan Tans to get an AT AT, but the way Folsom is growing, there are no open pastures of frozen tundra to let them frolic.

#22 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:52 AM

I'm going tonight. God bless Fandango.

#23 nhardy

nhardy

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ May 19 2005, 06:52 AM)

View Post

NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!

#24 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(nhardy @ May 19 2005, 07:53 AM)
NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!

View Post

Nerd alert indeed. I'll enjoy the movie while you are in a dark room hunched over your monitor frantically searching for a bootleg copy of the film. biggrin.gif

#25 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(nhardy @ May 19 2005, 07:46 AM)
Nice! Gas prices on those AT ATs are through the roof. I was thinking of trading in a couple of my Tan Tans to get an AT AT, but the way Folsom is growing, there are no open pastures of frozen tundra to let them frolic.

View Post

Yeah, it's just a matter of time before the developers get their cybernetic hands on the Jundland Wastes south of 50.

You should check out the new Hybrid Jawa Crawler. It doesn't fit as many droids in the cargo hold as the bigger models, but it's pretty zippy and I get great mileage. Here's mine:

user posted image

#26 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ May 19 2005, 07:52 AM)

View Post

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who sees it if it's too intense for kids (just turned 6, about to turn 8). How deserved is the PG13 rating?

#27 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ May 19 2005, 06:52 AM)

View Post

Fandango is great - thats why I couldn't understand why people were bothering to go wait in lines for hours - when you can just order the tix online and go right in...

let us know how the movie is - I'm thinkin of taking my kids (teens) and my niece and nephew (6 and 8) to see it this weekend...maybe they're too young for it..?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#28 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(ngilbert @ May 19 2005, 08:05 AM)
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who sees it if it's too intense for kids (just turned 6, about to turn 8). How deserved is the PG13 rating?

View Post

No young man, if you tunred 6 then you will be 7 next...shouldn't you know your numbers by now?

#29 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ May 19 2005, 08:20 AM)
No young man, if you tunred 6 then you will be 7 next...shouldn't you know your numbers by now?

View Post

Heh heh - they don't teach math until the third grade these days

(to clarify - one of my kids just turned six, and the other is about to turn eight. I figure it's probably okay for the eight year old, but I'll be paying for thereapy for the six year old if I take her)

#30 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:33 AM

Found this gem of a quote on Fark this morning:

"Dear MPAA,

Downloading a crappy copy of a movie off the Internet to watch at home on a computer/tv is like having sex with a blow-up doll in the snow.

Nothing compares to the real thing."

Ha!

Plus, a she-stormtropper!

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users