17 replies to this topic

#16 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

After I posted last week, I vaguely recalled that there is already a mortgage deduction cap, so I checked it out to confirm. You can only deduct the interest up to a combined total of $1 million in mortgage balance and $100k in seconds/secured loans. Considering that having total balances between $500k to $1 million isn't really that hard for non-rich people to accomplish in places like California, this new change appears to be just another attack on the middle class and really has no effect on the people that truly are "rich."
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#17 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

The government bailed out the wrong people. I guarantee that if the government had paid off my mortgage, those extra few $$$$ each month would be going into the economy, no sweat. But instead, Gov't bailed out their buddies, kept them afloat, and now they're sticking it to us AGAIN!!!! Now they want to charge you to use your debit card EVERYWHERE? Used to be, they didn't charge fees for you if you did all your banking via ATM machines and debit cards. Now they are losing money because everyone switched to that method, so now they have to charge for debit cards. I know the merchants get tagged for .35 or .50, or some amount, but now we're starting to get on the hook for a few $$$ a month now. It'll never stop.

#18 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

The government bailed out the wrong people. I guarantee that if the government had paid off my mortgage, those extra few $$$$ each month would be going into the economy, no sweat. But instead, Gov't bailed out their buddies, kept them afloat, and now they're sticking it to us AGAIN!!!! Now they want to charge you to use your debit card EVERYWHERE? Used to be, they didn't charge fees for you if you did all your banking via ATM machines and debit cards. Now they are losing money because everyone switched to that method, so now they have to charge for debit cards. I know the merchants get tagged for .35 or .50, or some amount, but now we're starting to get on the hook for a few $$$ a month now. It'll never stop.

Kinda feels like getting bent over doesn't it? just think... it doesn't end there...
The gov't is looking at more and more ways to ream legal U.S. citizens to pay for their consistent screw ups as they continue to give away the freakin' farm to everyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users