1 reply to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

I got a phone call today from blood source asking me to donate plasma at their new location in Granite Bay. She went on to say that women in the area have not had the option to donate for the last 5 years. ( I'm not sure why). 

Anyway. Sounds cool to me. I have donated blood and plasma to BloodSource Centers all over the US in the last (uhh-uhhm) few many years. 

Anyway, check out this site. They are calling for people to commit appointments. It would be great if Folsom put up more plasma than Granite Bay....   :)   All in the spirit of helping, of course.

http://www.bloodsour...urcePlasma.aspx

edit: If you have rare blood-like me; it makes it all the more important to support this cause!

#2 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

I got a phone call today from blood source asking me to donate plasma at their new location in Granite Bay. She went on to say that women in the area have not had the option to donate for the last 5 years. ( I'm not sure why). 

Anyway. Sounds cool to me. I have donated blood and plasma to BloodSource Centers all over the US in the last (uhh-uhhm) few many years. 

Anyway, check out this site. They are calling for people to commit appointments. It would be great if Folsom put up more plasma than Granite Bay....   :)   All in the spirit of helping, of course.

http://www.bloodsour...urcePlasma.aspx

edit: If you have rare blood-like me; it makes it all the more important to support this cause!

I'm A- (6%) of the population. I donate platelets twice a month. I happen to have triple platelets so my donation is actually three units of platelets! :) I was asked if I got paid for donating . . . didn't know it was possible. Anyone know how to get paid for this? The extra money would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users