#16 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(JMH @ Sep 7 2007, 12:01 PM) View Post
She was brought up the same as the others.

Sometimes I think this is the problem though. Wouldn't you agree that not all discipline measures are going to work the same on all children? Different kids need different motivations, different disciplines, etc etc. While the same basic principles will work, there may need to be some flexibility in other processes.

Just a thought.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#17 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(twnkltoz @ Sep 6 2007, 10:14 PM) View Post
With the basketball hoop?

Yes

#18 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:57 PM

Steve is correct. My brother has four children, three of which are doing well and in college. The last one is a huge problem. He had to nail her bedroom windows closed, remove her closet and bedroom doors, and install motion detectors to catch her before she snuck out at night. She was brought up the same as the others.

Glad to hear he is doing something about it. Too many times parents just dont follow through. My parents had to do the same thing with my Sister. This was 20 yrs ago, but they bugged the phone (Dad worked for telephone company) and my Dad would sit out in the truck with a walkie talkie and my Mom would listen to the conversation to find out when she was sneaking out. My Dad would jump out of the truck and catch her as she was leaving. I like that there are parents out there that are taking drastic measures. I would do the same. Now my Sister's daugher who is 16 is doing the same thing to her...haha.

#19 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Sep 7 2007, 12:13 PM) View Post
Sometimes I think this is the problem though. Wouldn't you agree that not all discipline measures are going to work the same on all children? Different kids need different motivations, different disciplines, etc etc. While the same basic principles will work, there may need to be some flexibility in other processes.

Just a thought.

Yes, some respond to praise, while some respond to things being taken away. You could take anything away from my Step-Sister and it wouldnt phase her. She would sit in her room for a month and not have a care in the world.

#20 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

Steve is correct. My brother has four children, three of which are doing well and in college. The last one is a huge problem. He had to nail her bedroom windows closed, remove her closet and bedroom doors, and install motion detectors to catch her before she snuck out at night. She was brought up the same as the others.

Wow....Sounds like she belongs at the CYA...What a nightmare..
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#21 Laura

Laura

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

These kids have been annoying me for what seems like years. They keep playing until you are about to hit them and they leave their play equipment outside...one morning on my way to work one of their bikes was out into middle of the street. Now they have some large animal cages out front?? I have never seen an adult out anywhere. Someone should print this discussion out and leave it on their doorstep!

#22 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

We haven't had a problem with them lately. I have seen adults out there--they seem to be either selling or giving away puppies. I see them in the cage out there sometimes and adults standing around looking at them. If the kids have been obnoxious for years, seems like the parents probably don't care.

#23 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(Laura @ Sep 16 2007, 07:26 PM) View Post
These kids have been annoying me for what seems like years. They keep playing until you are about to hit them and they leave their play equipment outside...one morning on my way to work one of their bikes was out into middle of the street. Now they have some large animal cages out front?? I have never seen an adult out anywhere. Someone should print this discussion out and leave it on their doorstep!

Yes, I never saw the parents either until they started bringing those puppies outside. Their house looks so ghetto with all that crap out there. If it happens again, I will stop and go up to the door.

Heck, you should have ran over the bike. I have a big truck so maybe I will if they leave it out. Teach those little pests a lesson.

#24 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(nlove4ever @ Sep 20 2007, 10:17 AM) View Post
Heck, you should have ran over the bike. I have a big truck

That would be great...sometimes ya gotta teach 'em a little lesson.....

[attachment=1114:bicycle.jpg]
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#25 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

Ok, these pests were out over the weekend and instead of of being on Camberwell they were on the Kennerly side. They put this stuffed cat in the middle of the road and were watching to see if people would run over it. If I wasnt in such a hurry I would have stopped then. The two boys were out there with 3 girls. Grrrrrrr....

#26 Mom2Joce

Mom2Joce

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

Wow, you started this post in Sept and this JUST happened to me about a month ago:( I'm in the Windsor development as well and he did this to me at Kennerly & Oak Ave.!! As a mother myself this was NOT NICE...my heart jumped!! Sad that after 2 months he's STILL doing this!!

#27 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

If I saw these things happening in my neighborhood, I would call the cops. If the parents cared, they would be watching their kids. Yes, as neighbors you can try knocking on the parents door, but my guess is they would blow you off. However, if a uniformed police officer knocks on their door, they may decide it's time to tell little Johnny to get out of the street, so they don't go to jail for child neglect.
I would rather be Backpacking

#28 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

Have em come up to Natoma Station and put their stuffed cat in front of Brighton.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#29 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Dec 7 2007, 04:51 PM) View Post
Have em come up to Natoma Station and put their stuffed cat in front of Brighton.

If I saw that, I'd get out and TAKE the thing. Stupid kids. At least it is not a REAL cat!
<3

#30 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Ok, I know the parents (mostly the mom) now, because I adopted one of the puppies. I decided not to say anything when I met her, because we hadn't seen them doing it in a long time. I think I'll send her an email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users