10 replies to this topic

#1 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

Every day I see a suspicious looking speeder running stop signs in Serrano. He is dressed in shorts T-shirt and flip flops with a baseball cap on backwards.

You may have seen him as he is our US POSTAL SERVICE MAIL MAN!

Is there no dress code for these people handling our mail?
Do they not get reprimended when they get complaints on erratic driving?

#2 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Every day I see a suspicious looking speeder running stop signs in Serrano. He is dressed in shorts T-shirt and flip flops with a baseball cap on backwards.

For Rural Carriers there is no uniform dress code, although the flip flops might be considered a safety hazard.

As for the driving issues- your local post office should be notified of this as with any other business driver.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#3 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

For Rural Carriers there is no uniform dress code, although the flip flops might be considered a safety hazard.

As for the driving issues- your local post office should be notified of this as with any other business driver.

I have complained in person at the office and on the phone at least twice. I can only hope this is being addressed but I don't think it is getting through because he was on his cell phone while driving recently; just another safety hazard.

#4 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

I have complained in person at the office and on the phone at least twice. I can only hope this is being addressed but I don't think it is getting through because he was on his cell phone while driving recently; just another safety hazard.

Here is a link you should read http://www.ehow.com/...ost-office.html it outlines the best ways to get an answer back. If you can find out your Rural Route Number it would help as well as the licence plate of his vehicle. Not sure if you need that but would not hurt. Other wise they can get to your route and local USPS office via your address and Zip.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#5 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

Flip flops are illegal to drive while wearing, so I am sure the USPS would take issue with that aspect. It is a dumb law IMHO opinion though.

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

I thought Serrano had their own security force to deal with things like this?

#7 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

Flip flops are illegal to drive while wearing, so I am sure the USPS would take issue with that aspect.

I would take issues with driving flip flops too Posted Image

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#8 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Flip flops are illegal to drive while wearing, so I am sure the USPS would take issue with that aspect. It is a dumb law IMHO opinion though.

Do you have a citation for that law ? I would think it does not exist...
Unless you are talking about the new powered flip flops that can go 35 mph...

-Margaret Mead-

#9 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

TC, maybe if you snap a picture or capture a video clip of the carrier on the phone or erratic driving , it will help the USPS take action.

It is unacceptable if their response to a complaint is "yeah, yeah we'll look into it" or doesn't get anywhere because of the strength of their union.

#10 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

if he is a real mail man he had stop and put mail in the boxes..that would give you time to sneak up and take a picture of him or get the license on the truck...if he is just driving around like a crazy person he main not be connected with the post office.

if he is a postman, he may have visions of being today's pony express cause they used to ride their horses fast

#11 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

HeeHee
While the sentence does imply the flip flops are driving I was surprised to learn it is illegal to wear flip flops while operating a car. Now I take the flip flop off when I'm driving. :)

Do you have a citation for that law ? I would think it does not exist...
Unless you are talking about the new powered flip flops that can go 35 mph...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users