3 replies to this topic

#1 mhawkins

mhawkins

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

Any one else having little power blurps? Our power has been flickering on and off for the last couple of days. The latest at 5am this morning. It all started the other night, we saw and heard what I could only assume was a transformer blowing out somewhere around Folsom middle school. Any one else see this? and/or experiencing this?

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (mhawkins @ Dec 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any one else having little power blurps? Our power has been flickering on and off for the last couple of days. The latest at 5am this morning. It all started the other night, we saw and heard what I could only assume was a transformer blowing out somewhere around Folsom middle school. Any one else see this? and/or experiencing this?

We must be on the same grid. Ours was out for a while around 5:00 a.m. and then came on for a few minutes, went out again, and came back on around 7:30 or so. It was out on Friday night, too. I can't remember having this many outages in so short a time period.

#3 mhawkins

mhawkins

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (ducky @ Dec 13 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We must be on the same grid. Ours was out for a while around 5:00 a.m. and then came on for a few minutes, went out again, and came back on around 7:30 or so. It was out on Friday night, too. I can't remember having this many outages in so short a time period.

I think we only had the 5am outage, it only lasted a second.
Yeah from where I am I can see the field of the middle school and on Friday night there was a BIG flash of blue/green light and the loud sound of electricity from that direction. ever since then the power has been iffy.

#4 40 Acres

40 Acres

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (mhawkins @ Dec 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I experienced the same power outage from 5am to about 7:30am. Since then, there have been a few minor outages or flickers, with the latest being yesterday. Didn't know about blown transformer at the middle school, but that would seem to explain it. Wondering if it has been repaired?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users