Photo
- - - - -

Tony Stewart Hits, Kills Driver Kevin Ward Jr.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

He will be "more careful" in the future?  

Really?  Let's review what happened;  Kevin Ward smokes a joint before getting into his race car to race with Tony Stewart (a driver would likely be banned from the sport if he/she was ever found to be intoxicated during a race).  Race starts, Stewart absolutely schools Ward with a textbook slide pass as they exit turn two going onto the back straightaway  Ward refuses to concede the corner to Stewart, (it's his big moment in the spotlight, after all) and keeps his foot into it rather than settling in behind Stewart like he should have.  Not surprisingly, Ward then gets tangled up in the wall.  Ward then makes the awful decision (Perhaps in an attempt to get himself on ESPN SportCenter that night) to get out of his race car on a hot track to aggressively confront Tony Stewart (one should never, ever get out of his race car on a hot racetrack, unless his/her car is on fire). He walks into the path of another sprint car, nearly getting hit by it.  He then gets too close to Stewart's car as he lunges at it, and gets hit by the very wide rear tire, causing his life to end then and there.  

Tony Stewart has been known to be a hot head, and I get how some may not like him.  However, this death was not the result of Tony Stewart being a hot head, nor was it from him not being "careful" enough.  It was the result of a series of very bad decisions by Kevin Ward himself.   

You are right on.  1000 percent. I couldn't say it better.  An I love Tony as a racer. As far as I am concerned, one of the best, current day.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users