Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

That's hilarious . . . .  seriously. 

That's hilarious . . . .  seriously. 

Agree.      I own one of those finer cars and the person I bought the car from before he handed the title over warned me about this years ago.   I did not believe it at first.    Other people hinted to me the same thing,    I used to drive it to work once in a while and my co worker (older retired Law Enforcement Officer) took me to the side and asked why are you driving it to work?  He basically  told me to leave it at home.     I had an Indian women tell me the same thing at same work place.   They both let me figure it out for myself.    I have other stories about people asking me about my car at work and people going into "are you going through a mid life crisis"?      When I drive down the road a lot of people want to challenge me in a race and I have been cut off on the freeway.   

When I saw that image of the Vette and Jeep.    I thought the Jeep owner was the trouble maker  because how he reacted to the situation.

#18 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Agree.      I own one of those finer cars and the person I bought the car from before he handed the title over warned me about this years ago.   I did not believe it at first.    Other people hinted to me the same thing,    I used to drive it to work once in a while and my co worker (older retired Law Enforcement Officer) took me to the side and asked why are you driving it to work?  He basically  told me to leave it at home.     I had an Indian women tell me the same thing at same work place.   They both let me figure it out for myself.    I have other stories about people asking me about my car at work and people going into "are you going through a mid life crisis"?      When I drive down the road a lot of people want to challenge me in a race and I have been cut off on the freeway.   

When I saw that image of the Vette and Jeep.    I thought the Jeep owner was the trouble maker  because how he reacted to the situation.

The "situation" was created by the Corvette owner by selfishly taking up two spots in a crowded parking lot.  It really had nothing to do with the quality of the car.  It's just as annoying as someone who parks over the line so that the space next to them is unusable, except that usually is more lack of parking ability than intentional.

There are a lot of people that drive "finer" cars in Folsom that were probably worth much more than that Vette, and I don't see all of them parking that way.

#19 (Cheesesteak)

(Cheesesteak)
  • Visitors

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

Umm . . . when I said your comment was hilarious - it wasn't because I was agreeing with you.  Seriously.   :CYA:

What kind of "finer" car do you own?

#20 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

The parking job by the driver of the car was that of an inconsiderate tool. The driver of the Jeep was thoughtfully pointing that out to him. The Jeep driver wasn't motivated by jealousy, envy, or whatever else the car owner comforted himself with believing, he was letting him know that he was being a jerk.

#21 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

The  Vette owner is "out of line" for parking that way but the Jeep owner is the person with "lack of character" by responding in the manner he did.

On the Vette thing in Folsom.....never been a Vette fan and think the newer ones are pieces of junk.        The newer ones do drive great (when there running right).   

#22 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

The parking job by the driver of the car was that of an inconsiderate tool. The driver of the Jeep was thoughtfully pointing that out to him. The Jeep driver wasn't motivated by jealousy, envy, or whatever else the car owner comforted himself with believing, he was letting him know that he was being a jerk.

I bet if the car taking up two spaces was  4 door Buick sedan...the Jeep person would not have responded poorly.

#23 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

Regardless of the vehicle driven, the driver would have been just as much of a selfish arse. Most people just walk by, disgusted with the entitlement of the parker. This guy actually did something to make a point. I think he would have done the same thing to a Buick. 

#24 (Cheesesteak)

(Cheesesteak)
  • Visitors

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

I think anyone that measures their own status by the type of car they drive - or that measures the status of others by the type of car the other person drives - is an arse.

:deadhorse:

#25 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Regardless of the vehicle driven, the driver would have been just as much of a selfish arse. Most people just walk by, disgusted with the entitlement of the parker. This guy actually did something to make a point. I think he would have done the same thing to a Buick. 

Watch this video first.

Watch this video second.

#26 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

I think anyone that measures their own status by the type of car they drive - or that measures the status of others by the type of car the other person drives - is an arse.

:deadhorse:

Hear, hear!

#27 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

I have a case of parking elitism. But I control it by parking away from all other cars at the very back of the lot. I absolutely cannot stand parking next to other cars it drives me nuts. My problem, not yours.

#28 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

I have a case of parking elitism. But I control it by parking away from all other cars at the very back of the lot. I absolutely cannot stand parking next to other cars it drives me nuts. My problem, not yours.

That doesn't really sound like a problem, more of a preference.  You're probably healthier from all the walking.  If it makes you feel any better, I have the same affliction.  My other half is the opposite.  You'd think there was a prize for finding the spot closest to the door.

#29 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

We always park in the back because it's less hassle and there's more room to load up. I don't get wasting time searching around for the closest spot or sitting there waiting for someone to load their car and leave so you can get a spot 4 spaces closer to the store. To each his/her own and all that. For some reason though, we seem to be a magnet. We'll park in the back, tons of empty spaces all around us, and we'll come back to someone parked in the space right next to us.  :wacko:

#30 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Maybe technically, but this was a case where an outside-of-the-box approach was pretty successful.   I'm pretty sure if the Corvette owner objected, the Jeep owner would have been backed up by the entire restaurant.

The only other way to approach the situation would be to notify the restaurant staff that someone was taking up two spaces, which then puts staff in the awkward position of having to either, A., ignore it, which might offend the customer who reported it; or, B., announce that the owner of the white Corvette needs to appropriately park his vehicle, causing that customer to leave without paying or tipping.

The Jeep owner didn't harm the vehicle, he didn't harm anyone else, and maybe, just maybe the Corvette owner won't be so selfish next time.

Successful? In what way? Did anyone interview the 'vette owner and heard him say he will never ever ever again take up two parking spaces in a parking lot to keep his car from getting dinged because someone might get offended? 

Maybe you think it was successful because a photo was shot and people feel smug on good old vigilante road justice was gotten away with ( you know the jeep would have been cited- not the 'vette- if a cop or code enforcement had patrolled through that parking lot.

You're maybe about the jeep owner is moot since maybe he is laughing every time this photo pops back up on Facebook every few months and people go another 3 rounds of arguing about this. 

Vigilante justice - regardless of the type- is just not ok. 

Leave it to the cops. 

If this had happened in Fresno (maybe even Chicago) the Jeep owner would be bleeding out fresh blood on the table- all over those yummy never ending Red Robin Fries.

What is wrong with you? Should he have left a note saying "golly gee I think you parked wrong"?

When did you turn into a bleeding heart supporting all the people doing wrong?

I do believe what I actually said, was that both men acted inappropriately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users