• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Terrible news....

Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report

A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew crashed in the South China Sea on Saturday, Vietnamese state media said, quoting a senior naval official.

The Boeing 777-200ER flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing had been missing for hours when Vietnam's Tuoi Tre news quoted Admiral Ngo Van Phat as saying he had asked boats from an island off south Vietnam to rush to the crash site.

If the report is confirmed, it would mark the U.S.-built airliner's deadliest crash since entering service 19 years ago.

// go to //

http://news.yahoo.co...0--finance.html

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

From BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/n...d-asia-26492748

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

The plane has vanished. It has not been confirmed that it crashed, although that seems a likely explanation.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

There have seen oil slicks in the area they think it went down.

http://news.yahoo.co...6--finance.html

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

terrorism perhaps?  there were stolen european passports used by ticket holders. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

No distress call, something happened very quickly. Odd that it's taken so long to find the crash site. One article even mentioned possible pilot suicide as a possible reason. 

#7 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

shoe bomb?

#8 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Stolen passports for a couple passengers, not a good sign.

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

The latest report:

http://news.yahoo.co...-213133681.html

#10 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner

----

I kind of think that someone/s or something blew it up in flight.    So Sad...

---

A senior source involved in preliminary investigations in Malaysia said the failure to find any debris for two days, despite dozens of vessels and aircraft crisscrossing the sea below the flight path, indicated the plane may have broken up mid-flight.

"The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," said the source.

Asked about the possibility of an explosion, such as a bomb, the source said there was no evidence yet of foul play and that the aircraft could have broken up due to mechanical causes.

// go to the below website for the latest ///

http://news.yahoo.co...93--sector.html

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Can't even imagine the horror...

#12 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

I am wondering why there has been no mention of the possibility of

Overhead Infrared Imagery. If the plane blew up in air you would think

that overhead satellites  might pick something up.

Of course they may not want to let that information out.

And of course there may not have been one in the area at the time.

#13 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

I am wondering why there has been no mention of the possibility of

Overhead Infrared Imagery. If the plane blew up in air you would think

that overhead satellites  might pick something up.

Of course they may not want to let that information out.

And of course there may not have been one in the area at the time.

My husband read an article that said satellites have not picked up anything.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#14 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

An infrared imaging satellite would pick up a heat signature but like I said there may not have been

one in the area at the time. Any they might not tell anyone if they did pick it up or not.

#15 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

---

A senior source involved in preliminary investigations in Malaysia said the failure to find any debris for two days, despite dozens of vessels and aircraft crisscrossing the sea below the flight path, indicated the plane may have broken up mid-flight.

"The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," said the source.

I am having trouble finding an article that really explains this.  I would have thought that if the airplane blew up in the air, there would have been debis scattered on the ocean.  Some stuff from airplanes floats, like seat cusions and pieces of plastic.  Where would the pieces have gone if it exploded at 35,000 ft? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users