1 reply to this topic

#1 ghost35me

ghost35me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

I love dogs. My dog and I enjoy going on walks together and especially on the trails around Folsom Lake. Calm, quiet, beautiful.

I love my dog so much that when she goes #2 on the trail, I bag her poop and take it with us. It’s such a joy to do so but I know it’s so selfish of me not to share my dog’s efforts with others. Imagine my pleasant surprise when we recently walked the levy along Blue Ravine, our first time since spring, to see all the poop from other dogs there. It was such a great sight and smell to behold. We could see poop in every direction and were never more 20 steps away from a pile.

Folsom community, being the family oriented and sharing community that it is, in its ever so generous and considerate manner, makes sure that dog and non-dog lovers alike are able to share these joyous piles. Especially thoughtful are the people who bag the poop but leave the bag on the ground – instead of just a few weeks, we can enjoy that wonderful sight for months on end.

Visitors here, wanting to see the beautiful lake they know only by reputation, were just amazed at the consideration that Americans share with each other, even in small family communities such as Folsom. They were sad that people are not so sharing where they live.

One hopes that park services continues to allow Folsom dog lovers to share their bounty. It will be a sad day if dogs are no longer allowed on the trails in an effort by park services to quell public sharing without taxation.

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

I'd venture to say that the majority of dog owners are irresponsible idiots.

If you can't handle the responsibilities of dog ownership, you have no business owning a dog. And for those of you who bag the poop and leave it there, you're a *special kind* of lazy moron. :noway:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users