6 replies to this topic

#1 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

What license plate has the letters DLR vertically on the left side, followed by 5 numbers, and CA vertically on the right?

Because just now I met the worst driver, with License Plate DLR37779CA.

Not only was thins person driving about 20 miles above the speed limit, they were driving in both lanes! I thought he was trying to merge in front of me, so I slowed to let him, but then he went back to his lane, then started driving in the center...

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

Doesn't "DLR" refer to an automotive dealer?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

Ok, here's another question.

My neighbor has owned two very expensive cars -- each of which he has had for at least a couple years. There are never license plates on these cars!! He does drive the cars, so they are not "non-operational."

How can that be legal??

I know he owns some kind of car business... is there some way he can make them belong to the business so they don't need license plates??

#4 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

I'm sure it's not legal. But I bet he doesn't get any camera tickets.

#5 ESP Guy

ESP Guy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Oct 5 2006, 09:24 PM)  

Ok, here's another question.

My neighbor has owned two very expensive cars -- each of which he has had for at least a couple years. There are never license plates on these cars!! He does drive the cars, so they are not "non-operational."

How can that be legal??

I know he owns some kind of car business... is there some way he can make them belong to the business so they don't need license plates??

its only illegal if you get caught.

IPB Image

#6 kmwandersee

kmwandersee

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

License plates with "DLR" on them means "Dealer", meaning they are licensed to sell cars. They can drive cars that don't have 'plates' on them as long as they use their portable 'dealer' plate, and put it in the vehicle they are driving...like the back window, etc.

Now, I'm going on information that is about 18 years old, back when my boyfriend at the time got into the car business....

That's the basic version anyway smile.gif

#7 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

"DLR" means the vehicle is owned by a dealer. Sometimes dealers lend their cars out to people who then write a review about the cars they drive. I'm guessing that the reckless driver you noticed was an employee of the dealer because I've noticed some of them do drive like idiots (probably because it isn't their car) especially around Folsom Boulevard or Eureka, Lead Hill Blvd in Roseville - near or around Folsom Auto Mall or Roseville Auto Mall.

Either way, the person was driving illegally and breaking the Vehicle Code Section. That person could have been cited if there was an officer around who observed the incident. You could also file a complaint or report with the DMV or by calling the police dispatch and advising them of the license plate number. I don't know if the police follows up on these calls but - if this person ends up killing someone in the future - at least there was a previous complaint on the vehilce.
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users