7 replies to this topic

#1 nomoser

nomoser

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 04:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the tap and drinking fountain water in Folsom is tasting dirty? I started noticing it just a few days ago, but I have noticed it in multiple locations including my home, my place of business, and a restaurant in town.

Perhaps the city is doing this on purpose to create support for their proposed utility rate increases ... wink.gif

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 07:19 PM

Welcome to MyFolsom.Com, nomoser!

While I myself have not noticed a change, we've always used filtered water since we moved to Folsom. I have not much cared for the tap water. unsure.gif

#3 GaryD

GaryD

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 12:31 PM

I drank tap water for the first 20 plus years I was in Folsom but a few years ago when it tested higher for chlorine than my pools water I switched to bottled. Water To Go next to Willies is good water and very inexpensive.

Assume your suggestion that the city was doing this on purpose was made in jest...

#4 nomoser

nomoser

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 01:55 PM

Indeed, it was made in jest in light of all of the uproar over proposed utility rate increases. The emoticon I used at the end of my original post ( wink.gif ) was supposed to be a wink, but it has a bit more anguish to it than I would have intended.

#5 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 31 January 2003 - 10:12 AM

I don't drink the tap water here, either and I highly recomend "Water To Go". The water's inexpensive and the taste is great! Good customer service as well!
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#6 Ray

Ray

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:34 PM

Yes I noticed the same thing a while back. It's not just in the Taste, you can actually smell the odor of dirt in the water as well. Just washing your hands etc, you can smell it.

This happened about 6 months ago as well and I called the City. They told me that they were having trouble at one of the water pumps in Folsom Lake. Then stated don't worry, although it smells and tastes like dirt, there is nothing bad in it to hurt you.

#7 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 11 February 2003 - 07:12 PM

That's reassuring!... NOT! I'm sorry but in my opinion, if it smells like bad water and tastes like bad water, it's bad water! mad.gif
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#8 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 11:49 PM

I never thought the water here tasted very good... I have always used a water filter.
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users