https://www.breitbar...ase-is-intense/

#3332 PeteS

PeteS

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:12 PM

Hello Pete, sorry for not getting back to you sooner....  Been working long hours lately...  I'd say Joe is on the money pretty much....   And the two consecutive serial numbers might bring a good premium if sold together....?   Make sure that no one cleans them or does anything like "polish" them up for you or brillow pad that rust off to make them pretty when you get them..!  You can make a $5000 rifle, coin, helmet, sword into a $500 one very quickly.   Also, out of state presents a problem...   Back in the day you just took a road trip and got them or had Uncle Fester put them on a long box and mail them to you...   To get them you are going to have to go through an FFL to have them shipped to you and an California FFL to have them delivered to you.  Of course you will see your new rifles at the gun store, fill out paperwork, and then go home to "cool off" for 11 days....    Once you get them go on a forum called "Calguns"....   Easy to join, free, find the old gun category and post up pics.  You will get lots of opinions and info for sure, good group there, mostly, some idiots, just like anywhere...   You'll find out who knows their stuff and who is an idiot pretty fast....   Post up some pics when you get them, would be cool to see them..    Regards, Chris

Chris,  thanks for the info and tips.  My wife will be traveling to their location next week and she'll get a chance to see 'em.  I collect Lincoln cents and know what yur sayin' 'bout efforts to fix up old things.  Once I watched some bozo take an old Morgan Dollar that was worth a few $1000s, clean it with a wire brush and made in worth about $10. Freakin' idiot. Sounds like same with these old firearms.  The verbal report my wife got was somethin' like the rifles were "excellent" condition, no rust, metal had a dark gray coloring, stock had most of the original lacquer still on but a little wear around the lever.  They said the rifles appear to have been hardly used.  Don't know how you figure that out, but who knows.  Wife says some family members may want 'em, but she'll know more next week.

One more question - since the pieces are old, can they shoot modern ammo?   I heard once it's not good to use modern ammo in old guns because the chambers aren't strong enough and may crack or explode.  Is this true or just BS? 

#3333 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

Thanks, you Dem asshats!! We're coming after you.. are you prepared?  :lol:

279820_image.jpg

#3334 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

6 million guns have been sold in the last 3-4 months. Thank you, Libs. I truly mean that :)

#3335 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:25 AM

James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution

In an extraordinary condemnation, the former defense secretary backs protesters and says the president is trying to turn Americans against one another.

https://www.theatlan...ization/612640/

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#3336 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:30 AM

ca9cac3a94ad6dba41c99047df87486b.jpg

#3337 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:58 AM

Gee... someone who doesn't like their President.

Shocking..... maybe Vinny can post something positive.... about anything.... just once?

#3338 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:15 AM

BOOM:  2 Million First-Time Gun Owners in First Half of 2020 Alone. Love that stat!! :lol:

https://www.breitbar...-of-2020-alone/

#3339 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

BANG:  There's good news out there... if you look hard enough for it :lol:

https://www.breitbar...hoots-intruder/

#3340 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:20 PM

Chris,  thanks for the info and tips.  My wife will be traveling to their location next week and she'll get a chance to see 'em.  I collect Lincoln cents and know what yur sayin' 'bout efforts to fix up old things.  Once I watched some bozo take an old Morgan Dollar that was worth a few $1000s, clean it with a wire brush and made in worth about $10. Freakin' idiot. Sounds like same with these old firearms.  The verbal report my wife got was somethin' like the rifles were "excellent" condition, no rust, metal had a dark gray coloring, stock had most of the original lacquer still on but a little wear around the lever.  They said the rifles appear to have been hardly used.  Don't know how you figure that out, but who knows.  Wife says some family members may want 'em, but she'll know more next week.

One more question - since the pieces are old, can they shoot modern ammo?   I heard once it's not good to use modern ammo in old guns because the chambers aren't strong enough and may crack or explode.  Is this true or just BS? 

Hey Pete, good she is going to "look at them".....     Actually, if they ended up in her trunk by accident and in California and nobody knew how they got here ( no ones business in my opinion) anyway.....?   That would be a shame...   Anyway, I urge you to follow every step of the current convoluted, intrusive, un-constitutional law and get them here through an FFL......   ;)       And as for the ammo, should probably be black powder, low pressure loads from the time, you will have to do your homework, calguns.net is a fantastic resource.  And you should find a good gunsmith to check them out before use, clean them, check them for safety, and test fire them.   Always a good idea...   If you need a gunsmith let me know....   I know up in El Dorado, the town, just up the hill from Folsom, in the gun shop there, the Big Horn Gun Shop, just past Poor Red's at a fork in the road, has an old school Gunsmith shop in the store....   Regards, Chris   

1A - 2A = -1A

#3341 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

Gonna reiterate what Chris said.  I would definitely go with custom low pressure loads if you decide to shoot them (after gunsmith ok of course).   I got curious, and wiki claims that the 45-75 of the era used 75 grains of gunpowder. Can that be? That is huge!  Even a .308 is not quite 50.   I think 45 acp is only 5 ish. Early ammo suggested using musket powder for reloads.  I'm sure there are some slow combustion modern powders that would be fine, but that is something best left to those more informed than me to figure out.  A collector's piece like that, would not be an ideal candidate for "off the shelf" or hot loads.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3342 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:49 AM

ECONOMY ADDS 2.5 MILLION JOBS. *THE ART OF THE COMEBACK* HAS BEGUN!! :lol:

https://www.breitbar...yment-and-jobs/

#3343 PeteS

PeteS

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:39 PM

Gonna reiterate what Chris said.  I would definitely go with custom low pressure loads if you decide to shoot them (after gunsmith ok of course).   I got curious, and wiki claims that the 45-75 of the era used 75 grains of gunpowder. Can that be? That is huge!  Even a .308 is not quite 50.   I think 45 acp is only 5 ish. Early ammo suggested using musket powder for reloads.  I'm sure there are some slow combustion modern powders that would be fine, but that is something best left to those more informed than me to figure out.  A collector's piece like that, would not be an ideal candidate for "off the shelf" or hot loads.

Appreciate the feedback.  Other family folks have said no interest.  If we get 'em, they'll just end up in the attic.  So, bein' western history fans, we thought some museum may be interested to put 'em on exhibit.  Called around a bit and Fort Bridger State History Park in WY said if they're in good shape they'd put 'em on display with a plaque sayin'  "On loan from Pete's wife".  And when we croak, the museum gets 'em..    

#3344 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

Appreciate the feedback.  Other family folks have said no interest.  If we get 'em, they'll just end up in the attic.  So, bein' western history fans, we thought some museum may be interested to put 'em on exhibit.  Called around a bit and Fort Bridger State History Park in WY said if they're in good shape they'd put 'em on display with a plaque sayin'  "On loan from Pete's wife".  And when we croak, the museum gets 'em..    

Maybe keep them for the Grandkids...?    Family legacy stuff....?    Once they are gone they are gone...........   But maybe keep them in the family...?   One day soon "government" will decide all weapons are bad and they will destroy them...   Just like the Confederate statues and stuff that have been there 100 plus years....   Destroyed, history erased...   Sad thing is that these fools don't realize that maybe a 100 years from now when the mob comes for the MLK statue in stone in DC with hammers and chisels the government needs to protect that history...........    They are not cool with it now, they will not be cool with it then when they are dead and gone........     Think.....!   Think the long history, the long story...!   Save our history and our monuments, this is how we learn, teach our next generation.  Erase it and we are lost and doomed to repeat bad policy, bad governance...   Save those guns to your own family, they will do better in your hands than those of government.     I trust your family way better than government.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#3345 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

DECISIVE:  “I have just given an order for our National Guard to start the process of withdrawing from Washington, D.C., now that everything is under perfect control,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

The President deployed the troops last week, after looting and rioting threatened businesses, national monuments, and the historic St. John’s Church near the White House.

Trump’s decision to order in troops followed by a heavy show of force in the district quickly restored order, although protests continued.

The President specified, however, he could send the troops back, if the protests became violent again. “They will be going home, but can quickly return, if needed,” Trump wrote. “Far fewer protesters showed up last night than anticipated!”

Such a great President!!

https://www.breitbar...-washington-dc/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users