4 replies to this topic

#1 Molly

Molly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I posted a while ago about our chihuahua mix that went missing from Natoma Station in January. I know it's unlikely that we'll ever find him, but we got three calls in response to our posters well after he went missing -- two people saw a similar dog alone at Sheldon Park, and one person saw one near the Iron Point Apartments and Sandra J. Gallardo Elementary in March. The woman who called from the apartments tried to catch the dog she saw but he wouldn't let her or anyone else near him. All three people who called saw our signs after seeing the dog(s), so by the time we got there to look, we didn't see anything. We checked both areas daily for a while after each call, without any luck. I just wanted to post again on the off chance that someone has seen a stray chihuahua running around in the past few months. Or, maybe he lost his collar and tags and someone picked him up and didn't know how to find his owner. If you've seen a similar dog, even if it's been a while, please contact me. Or, if you spot one in the future you can contact Folsom Animal Control, Cindy Walden has my information (and that number would be easy to find instead of looking this post up). He's a neutered male reddish brown chihuahua mix with a black muzzle. He was about 10 lbs and was wearing a black collar with license and ID tags when last seen. He is skittish around strangers. I uploaded photos to previous posts but I am out of space so I can't upload another one.

My cell number is 925-354-0470.

Thanks!

#2 quietlythinking

quietlythinking

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:people, gardening, pets, running, books, life :)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

I know your dog was lost in Folsom, but hopefully you have checked the sac county animal shelter as well since he could easily have wandered into their jurisdiction. I sure hope you find him.

#3 Molly

Molly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thank you! We visited pretty much all of the area shelters in person when he first went missing, and I still check several shelter websites and Craigslist every couple of days. My husband's accepted that he's gone, and I have for the most part, but a little part of me is afraid that he'll turn up if I stop looking. I wish I had some closure so I could stop wasting my time. Sure makes me count my blessings that it's our dog that's missing and not our child or loved one, though.

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

Do you have a picture? We know of some neighbors that adopted a stray...

The dog they got was female though...

#5 Molly

Molly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Do you have a picture? We know of some neighbors that adopted a stray...

The dog they got was female though...

Our dog is male, but it can't hurt to put the picture here in case someone else found him. Thanks!
Attached File  atcherbody.jpg   42.8K   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users