He abruptly disappeared.

Anyone heard from Oldschooler81 lately?

#48 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

He lives in San Jose, I think he got his fix of nostalgia in. Only so many "remember when" threads he can start! :)

#49 mikat

mikat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

While I thought it wasn't very constructive to bring up the old thread (that ended up being) about Folsom v. Orangevale, I did enjoy seeing some of the posters that we don't see anymore such as Oldschooler and Mylo.
Does anyone know what happened to either one of them? As I remember Mylo indicated his departure from Myfolsom.

Did anyone know Oldschooler outside of his posts on myfolsom? It seems odd that he would just disappear. Guess I worry about him a little. Contrary to John, I don't think Oldschooler could ever tire of "back when" threads. :lol: While many of us did tire of some of his "back when" threads, he did have a certain innocent charm that I appreciated and miss.

#50 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

I thought Mylo was still around a little bit? He's pretty active on FB. So, maybe that's why I feel that way.

Also, it's so apropos that this thread was (weirdly) resurrected, as we are getting ready to move back to Folsom from Orangevale. We were in Folsom for 8 years before buying our first home just outside of Folsom in 2009. (We're by the Dairy Queen.)

I can just say that having lived here for two and a half years, we are *extremely* grateful to be moving back to Folsom. While Orangevale homes are more affordable, that is one of the few things it has going for it. There is no feeling of continuity, no real sense of a real city and most importantly, no strong sense of community. I got the sense of it here and there in different places, but nothing like what Folsom has.

I'm sure our unique situation may have a little bit to do with feeling that way (the differences in the way the two communities responded to our daughter's accident were simply stunning), but I still think the feelings are valid.

When moving back to Folsom, we will be renting and the next time we buy, we will save more, take our time and search harder to find something that we are happy with and can afford in Folsom. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else right now.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#51 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

I thought Mylo was still around a little bit? He's pretty active on FB. So, maybe that's why I feel that way.

Also, it's so apropos that this thread was (weirdly) resurrected, as we are getting ready to move back to Folsom from Orangevale. We were in Folsom for 8 years before buying our first home just outside of Folsom in 2009. (We're by the Dairy Queen.)

I can just say that having lived here for two and a half years, we are *extremely* grateful to be moving back to Folsom. While Orangevale homes are more affordable, that is one of the few things it has going for it. There is no feeling of continuity, no real sense of a real city and most importantly, no strong sense of community. I got the sense of it here and there in different places, but nothing like what Folsom has.

I'm sure our unique situation may have a little bit to do with feeling that way (the differences in the way the two communities responded to our daughter's accident were simply stunning), but I still think the feelings are valid.

When moving back to Folsom, we will be renting and the next time we buy, we will save more, take our time and search harder to find something that we are happy with and can afford in Folsom. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else right now.

My parents live by DQ as well! Funny I never saw your vehicle.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users